News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,826 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #150 on: February 17, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »
Not Bulls related, but this is a great article by the Moneyball statfaggot about Shane Battier's stupid face and laptop science in basketball.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »
Spoiler Alert: Amare ain't getting traded now that Porter is fired.

So if Bosh is coming to the Bulls, it's not through a 3-way involving Stoudemire.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2009, 01:47:26 PM

So if Bosh is coming to the Bulls, it's not through a 3-way involving Stoudemire.

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I may be reading that wrong.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2009, 01:57:26 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on February 17, 2009, 01:48:59 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2009, 01:47:26 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

I may be reading that wrong.

Looks like a nice 3-way ball grab.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2009, 02:24:08 PM »
Quote from: RV on February 17, 2009, 12:44:51 PM
Not Bulls related, but this is a great article by the Moneyball statfaggot about Shane Battier's stupid face and laptop science in basketball.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/magazine/15Battier-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print

Cool article, RV.  Thanks for the link.

Also something to keep in mind about the Bulls and the deadline -- at least if you like being angry -- is that the Bulls have a $5 million trade exception that expires on Thursday.  If I understand it correctly (the NBA salary cap confuses me), it means they can take on $5 million in salary more than they trade away in a deal, which would be pretty useful if they're trading away lower-salaried guys or draft choices. It's a pretty useful thing to have when making deals, and Pax and Reinsdorf will more than likely just let it go without being used.  Just like that time they held onto PJ Brown's expiring contract for an entire season for no reason at all.  Good times.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 17, 2009, 02:24:08 PM

Also something to keep in mind about the Bulls and the deadline -- at least if you like being angry -- is that the Bulls have a $5 million trade exception that expires on Thursday.  If I understand it correctly (the NBA salary cap confuses me), it means they can take on $5 million in salary more than they trade away in a deal, which would be pretty useful if they're trading away lower-salaried guys or draft choices. It's a pretty useful thing to have when making deals, and Pax and Reinsdorf will more than likely just let it go without being used.  Just like that time they held onto PJ Brown's expiring contract for an entire season for no reason at all.  Good times.

This team makes me miss Krause and Floyd.
At least there was no illusion of intelligence then.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2009, 02:43:46 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 17, 2009, 02:32:28 PM
Quote from: Eli on February 17, 2009, 02:24:08 PM

This team makes me miss Krause and Floyd. 
At least there was no illusion of intelligence then.

This.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »
MotherFuck!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3916703

Nocioni, Gooden and Simmons for

Brad Miller and John Salmons.

NO-CI-O-NI

G'bye my gaucho hero

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2009, 04:07:17 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 18, 2009, 04:03:12 PM
MotherFuck!

NO-CI-O-NI

G'bye my gaucho hero

That means no Amare, which is a bit of a letdown, but it gives big-time flexibility for 2010.  And Brad Miller can still play a little, so it helps in the short-term.

And the best part of it all is that Nocioni is gone.  I'm pleased.

Al Czervik

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »
I have admittedly NOT watched much Kings basketball, nor have I tracked the career of John Salmons, but he's 6'6" and is averaging a career high 18+ per game.  More Miller means less Noah.  I'm intrigued but pretty disappoined after the Amare/Bosh talk of the last week.  I never did understand why Phoenix would want to trade Stoudemire anyway.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 18, 2009, 04:13:10 PM
I have admittedly NOT watched much Kings basketball, nor have I tracked the career of John Salmons, but he's 6'6" and is averaging a career high 18+ per game.  More Miller means less Noah. 

I don't know much about Salmons, but his numbers look all right (the 18 points on 47 percent shooting).  I know they've been looking for a big scoring guard for years, so that was probably part of his appeal.  There's a serious logjam in the backcourt though -- Rose, Gordon, Hinrich, Salmons and Sefolosha.  Makes me wonder if another move is coming. 

Also, I don't think Miller will play a ton of minutes every night (though you never know with Vinny), so I think there's still room for Noah to get his run.  The frontcourt is basically Miller, Tyrus, Noah, Gray and that's it. 

Just be excited that you don't have to watch Nocioni play center in the 4th quarter anymore.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 18, 2009, 04:07:17 PM
Quote from: Al Czervik on February 18, 2009, 04:03:12 PM
MotherFuck!

NO-CI-O-NI

G'bye my gaucho hero

That means no Amare, which is a bit of a letdown, but it gives big-time flexibility for 2010.  And Brad Miller can still play a little, so it helps in the short-term.

And the best part of it all is that Nocioni is gone.  I'm pleased.

THIS. Chapu and his fake Eric Byrnes hustle will not be missed.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2009, 04:26:06 PM »
Salmons is very good, and also a great, great contract.

Granted, there are already too many guards, but at least this is a good one.

Miller sucks ass and I hope they waive him.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2009, 04:28:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 18, 2009, 04:26:06 PM

Not really.  He's getting old, but he can hit a jumper and he's one of the best interior passers in the NBA.  I like the thought of him hitting cutters in the lane.  He's also a really smart player, and the Bulls need more of those.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
Quote from: Eli on February 18, 2009, 04:28:50 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on February 18, 2009, 04:26:06 PM

Not really.  He's getting old, but he can hit a jumper and he's one of the best interior passers in the NBA.  I like the thought of him hitting cutters in the lane.  He's also a really smart player, and the Bulls need more of those.

Obviously you're forgetting how he dogged it the entire time he was in Chicago the first time around.
Except for the time Shaq punched him.