News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,839 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2009, 04:43:23 PM »

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »
From David Aldridge - the Bulls are looking to move Hughes to Washington for Mike James and Etan Thomas. Gross.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2009, 04:53:42 PM »
Quote from: RV on February 18, 2009, 04:43:23 PM
Analysis from someone who knows stuff about basketball.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Bulls-and-Kings-swap-away-what-does-it-all-mean?urn=nba%2C142373

KD lists speculation that the Bulls got Diogu, but I think Ruffin went to Sacramento and then they traded him to Portland for Diogu.

I still think adding Salmons is excellent regardless of where he fits.
If they can truly dump Hinrich to Minnesota as he mentioned and Hughes gets traded next trade deadline, well...maybe, just maybe things are shaping up.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2009, 04:58:24 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on February 18, 2009, 04:47:22 PM
From David Aldridge - the Bulls are looking to move Hughes to Washington for Mike James and Etan Thomas. Gross.

So they'd be trading one 2010 expiring contract for two 2010 expiring contracts? Just a treading water move I guess. It would appear that Hughes is such a shitstain that they just want to get him out of the locker room.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »
I'm not sure what to think about this trade. On the surface it looks like Brad Fucking Miller and yet another guard. Is Miller even any good anymore? I don't know. Are the Bulls ever going to relieve the log jam at guard.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »
DPD

QuoteSalmons gives the Bulls that size in the backcourt that will make the talk radio types happy even if John doesn't have anything close to Ben Gordon's abilities.

This is a discouraging line from KD's article.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2009, 09:24:52 PM »
Has anyone checked out this Bulls game? Funk and King are doing their best Hawk and DJ impression. Absolutely brutal announcing. Also, this looks like a D-League game. The Bucks are the 8th seed right now? Holy shit the East is worse than anything I've imagined.

Tyrus has had some nasty dunks here though and Kirk looks angry and motivated. Probably because he knows he'll be playing for Minnesota this weekend.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2009, 09:53:22 PM »
Did I hear correctly that Kirk Heinrich might get traded for Brian Cardinal? On top of the Brad Miller trade? Fuckin' A. They could probably get Chris Kramer too if they asked nicely.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on February 18, 2009, 09:53:22 PM
Did I hear correctly that Kirk Heinrich might get traded for Brian Cardinal? On top of the Brad Miller trade? Fuckin' A. They could probably get Chris Kramer too if they asked nicely.

If you mean Chris Kaman, whoa...

The Bulls also had discussions with the Los Angeles Clippers regarding center Chris Kaman, one Western Conference executive said.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: February 19, 2009, 09:45:39 AM »
Another rumor, this one about Hinrich and Hughes to the Knicks:

Quote"The Bulls might not be done dealing before today's 2 p.m. deadline. Guard Larry Hughes — whom the Bulls have been trying to trade for a month — didn't make the trip to Milwaukee, and rumors circulating Wednesday night had them talking to the New York Knicks about a deal, with the principles being Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich and Knicks power forward David Lee.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: February 19, 2009, 10:24:36 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 19, 2009, 09:45:39 AM

Quote"The Bulls might not be done dealing before today's 2 p.m. deadline. Guard Larry Hughes — whom the Bulls have been trying to trade for a month — didn't make the trip to Milwaukee, and rumors circulating Wednesday night had them talking to the New York Knicks about a deal, with the principles being Bulls guard Kirk Hinrich and Knicks power forward David Lee.

I can't see the Knicks ever trading Lee.

Latest from Rosey's blog: 

"The UnbelievaBulls did it again.  What did they do?  They traded back for a guy that had years ago.  Brad MillerHighLife (and John SalmonsGoodForYourHeart of course).  Has this guy gotten any better, or just older?  At the very least, we got rid of some bad salaries.  Drew GoodRiddencen is finally off the team.  Who even knew that Michael RuffAroundTheEdgesin was still on the roster?  I certainly didn't.  This move was simple addition by subraction by subtraction.  4 for 2.  It's similar to the SCrubs going out, trading Koske FukudomeAFavorAndGetAGodDamnHit for Matt HollidayInn.  I mean, you can see those dots being connected as we type."
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: February 19, 2009, 10:40:52 AM »

I heard that Curry's contract may be coming back to the Bulls as well.

[NSBB territory] 2010-2011 starters: Rose, Wade, Deng, Thomas or Lee, Bosh.  Dare to dream? [/NSBB territory]

Apparently, they had a couple of other trades worked out that fell through; one sending Hinrich to the Wolves, another sending Hughes to the Knicks, although this sounds like a continuation of it.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: February 19, 2009, 11:54:57 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 19, 2009, 10:40:52 AM

[NSBB territory] 2010-2011 starters: Rose, Wade, Deng, Thomas or Lee, Bosh.  Dare to dream? [/NSBB territory]

Apparently, they had a couple of other trades worked out that fell through; one sending Hinrich to the Wolves, another sending Hughes to the Knicks, although this sounds like a continuation of it.

The Knicks deal is already dead. 

Weirdest rumor I heard. . .Hughes to Rockets for McGrady.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: February 19, 2009, 11:56:38 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on February 19, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

That is pretty weird, considering McGrady just had season-ending surgery.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: February 19, 2009, 12:00:55 PM »
Quote from: RV on February 19, 2009, 11:56:38 AM
Quote from: TDubbs on February 19, 2009, 11:54:57 AM

That is pretty weird, considering McGrady just had season-ending surgery.

I know.  That's why I said it was weird.  didn't you read what I wrote?