News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,833 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #270 on: March 27, 2009, 08:49:21 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on March 25, 2009, 12:56:17 AM
They won't. The bulls with Salmon and Miller are a different team.  hinrich is playing well and lets hope rose is alright.  They definately make going to the bar to watch them worth it. They played like shit in the 1st half, but a win is a win. Winning is fung, mang.

Salmons is pretty good too. As a Los Bull: 20 ppg, 5 rpg, 51% FG, 41% on threes. They've won 6 out of 7 now. Maybe by the end of the year we can upgrade Vinny from buttlicker to windowlicker.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: March 27, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
Quote from: RV on March 27, 2009, 08:49:21 AM
They won't. The bulls with Salmon and Miller are a different team.  hinrich is playing well and lets hope rose is alright.  They definately make going to the bar to watch them worth it. They played like shit in the 1st half, but a win is a win. Winning is fung, mang.

Salmons is pretty good too. As a Los Bull: 20 ppg, 5 rpg, 51% FG, 41% on threes. They've won 6 out of 7 now. Maybe by the end of the year we can upgrade Vinny from buttlicker to windowlicker.

I kind of love Salmons. And it's not a coincidence that Tyrus is playing like a real live NBA player now. I think the biggest victory the Bulls can get this season is ending the season ahead of Detroit. I'm not a big fan of moral victories - but this isn't a team that's going to advance in the playoffs. Let's enjoy what we can for this year, anyway.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: March 27, 2009, 09:29:44 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on March 27, 2009, 09:27:41 AM
Quote from: RV on March 27, 2009, 08:49:21 AM

I kind of love Salmons. And it's not a coincidence that Tyrus is playing like a real live NBA player now. I think the biggest victory the Bulls can get this season is ending the season ahead of Detroit. I'm not a big fan of moral victories - but this isn't a team that's going to advance in the playoffs. Let's enjoy what we can for this year, anyway.

I want to see the Bulls get to the playoffs just so Derrick Rose can get postseason experience.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: March 27, 2009, 11:50:02 AM »
It will be interesting to see what happens when Luol plays again.  My guess is that the glut of bodies will totally baffle Vinny and he will once again leave Rose on the bench during a critical sequence.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #274 on: March 27, 2009, 12:45:09 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on March 27, 2009, 11:50:02 AM
It will be interesting to see what happens when Luol plays again.  My guess is that the glut of bodies will totally baffle Vinny and he will once again leave Rose on the bench during a critical sequence.

I don't know where Luol fits in with this bulls team.  In theory, he should be great with Rose as his penetrations opens up mid-range shots for him, but he looked lost out there this year.  I am glad to see Kirk play the way he has been playing lately, but I hope that Vinny won't take that and bench Rose again in the 4th Q.

Also, what's up with crowd at the UC?  Against Detroit and Miami last night, it was dead in that arena.  It felt like the only reason they were there was to see if they can win a free Big Mac. 

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #275 on: March 31, 2009, 09:27:27 PM »
DPD.  Didn't see the game tonight but losing the last two to Toronto and Indiana hurts.  Let's hope they come out firing and kick some New Jersey ass on saturday. 

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
So, the Bulls made the playoffs.  I guess that's cool.

They'll probably end getting pantsed by Cleveland or Boston, but it gets Rose some playoff experience, if you're into that kind of thing.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: April 12, 2009, 11:36:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 11, 2009, 03:22:21 PM
So, the Bulls made the playoffs.  I guess that's cool.

They'll probably end getting pantsed by Cleveland or Boston, but it gets Rose some playoff experience, if you're into that kind of thing.

I'm not giving them much of a chance, but they've been hot as of late, great at home and, to your point, playoff experience for Rose.

Even if they pull a Cubtober, there will be something gained.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: April 13, 2009, 10:18:18 PM »

I think they may be somewhat significant now.  Finally over .500 with a good win in Detroit (which, I learned yesterday, sucks).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »
Quote from: thehawk on April 13, 2009, 10:18:18 PM

I think they may be somewhat significant now.  Finally over .500 with a good win in Detroit (which, I learned yesterday, sucks).

That was a great win.  And props to the continued brilliance of Ben Gordon.  Post All-Star break:

21 points on 47 percent shooting, 40 percent on threes and just 2 turnovers a game. 

I really hope they find a way to bring him back, ship out Deng and slide Salmons to SF.

And, if I understand it correctly, the playoff scenarios break down as follows:

6. Bulls (41-40)
7. 76ers (40-40)
8. Detroit (39-42)

Detroit is stuck in 8th because both Chicago and Philly have the tiebreaker over them.  The 76ers hold the tiebreaker over the Bulls, so the Bulls need Philly to lose a game (they have two games left; against Cleveland and Boston), and take care of their own business against Toronto at home.  If both teams win out, Philly gets the 6th seed.  But a Philly loss plus a Bulls win, or if Philly loses both, the Bulls will come out ahead.  Clear as mud.

I think there's a decent chance the Bulls can wind up 6th and facing the Magic.  While Dwight Howard is terrifying, I'd prefer them to the Celtics, because Orlando could -- in theory -- be beaten if they go cold from outside.  Again, in theory.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 14, 2009, 09:01:40 AM

That was a great win.  And props to the continued brilliance of Ben Gordon.  Post All-Star break:

21 points on 47 percent shooting, 40 percent on threes and just 2 turnovers a game. 

I really hope they find a way to bring him back, ship out Deng and slide Salmons to SF.

6. Bulls (41-40)
7. 76ers (40-40)
8. Detroit (39-42)

Detroit is stuck in 8th because both Chicago and Philly have the tiebreaker over them.  The 76ers hold the tiebreaker over the Bulls, so the Bulls need Philly to lose a game (they have two games left; against Cleveland and Boston), and take care of their own business against Toronto at home.  If both teams win out, Philly gets the 6th seed.  But a Philly loss plus a Bulls win, or if Philly loses both, the Bulls will come out ahead.  Clear as mud.

I think there's a decent chance the Bulls can wind up 6th and facing the Magic.  While Dwight Howard is terrifying, I'd prefer them to the Celtics, because Orlando could -- in theory -- be beaten if they go cold from outside.  Again, in theory.

Orlando's a little banged up, no? Man, what a great month we have coming up. Bulls and Hawks playoffs and Cubs rollercoaster rides that half the team isn't even tall enough to get on.

Fuck. Yes.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2009, 09:31:23 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 14, 2009, 09:18:42 AM
Orlando's a little banged up, no? Man, what a great month we have coming up. Bulls and Hawks playoffs and Cubs rollercoaster rides that half the team isn't even tall enough to get on.

Fuck. Yes.

I think they miss Nelson.  They were 35-10 with him and are 23-13 without him.  Still very good, but I don't think they're quite as powerful offensively.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: April 14, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »

6. Bulls (41-40)
7. 76ers (40-40)
8. Detroit (39-42)

I saw the standings last night, started to get all excited about the possibility of an Orlando series. Let Dwight Howard get his, but keep Lewis and Turk locked down on the outside...and well...things could happen.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: April 14, 2009, 11:40:35 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 14, 2009, 11:24:12 AM

6. Bulls (41-40)
7. 76ers (40-40)
8. Detroit (39-42)

I saw the standings last night, started to get all excited about the possibility of an Orlando series. Let Dwight Howard get his, but keep Lewis and Turk locked down on the outside...and well...things could happen.

Isn't Turk hurt?   I thought on Sportscenter I saw him being helped off the court?  I think a Garnett-less Celtics (or if he's just back now, without playing for a long time) would be easier to beat than the Magic. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: April 14, 2009, 05:05:48 PM »