News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,857 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #345 on: April 21, 2009, 12:47:16 PM »
DPD.

Leon Powe, out for rest of year series

Celtics forward Leon Powe is done for the season with a torn ACL and meniscus in his left knee. He is expected to have surgery soon.
Powe has a history of knee problems, having already undergone two reconstructive surgeries. It's unclear how long he'll need to recover but hopefully he'll return at 100% next season. The timing of his injury could hardly have been worse -- the Celtics' frontcourt is already shorthanded and Powe is scheduled to become a free agent this summer.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: April 21, 2009, 02:36:11 PM »
I'd forgotten how comical NBA refereeing has become.

I don't know how KD manages to still care so much.*

*may just be an effort to get him to come over here and tell me how bad
the officiating really was.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: April 21, 2009, 03:07:12 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 21, 2009, 12:04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure he said, "Screw this, it's not gonna hai, motherfucker."

I'm going with "Yea! Screw you motherfuckers."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: April 21, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »
Oh, NBA officiating is THE worst.  Collectively they made Joe West and Bruce Froemming look like Doug Harvey.

They get in the way of what should be an awesome game.  Regular season NBA basketball is just a six month jack off, but playoff basketball should be the balls.  Instead you're constantly waiting for the "star" to get the most absurd call you've ever seen.  And I say that knowing full well that the Bulls enjoyed the benefits of that for a decade plus.

That said, as flawed as the non-KG Celtics and the Vinny Del Negro coached Bulls are, these two games have been AWE-some. 

The Bulls have stood toe to toe with the Celtics, making many of the dumbass mistakes they make during the regular season (Tyrus thinks he's Larry Bird, Brad Miller gets the ball knocked away from him and slowly falls to the ground taking out whatever guard is trying to get back to stop the other team's fast break, Vinny calls timeouts for no reason, Joakim runs away from the basket to block a shot that is never taken and leads to a dunk in the area he just vacated, etc.) but their effort has made up for it. 

Even with Leon Powe out, and KG's threatened comeback just a myth, you have to figure the Bulls will cough up one of the home games and be doomed to be closed out in Boston.

But in an offseason when most of the teams will be deathly afraid to take on any salary (because of the economy and the number of teams wrongly assuming they're in the hunt for one of the big free agents of 2010), Ben Gordon made himself a little extra money last night, and it looks like he'll make it in Chicago.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: April 21, 2009, 04:40:34 PM »
Always out in front of the story, yoooooouuuuuuuuurrrrrrr Chicago Tribune!
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:39 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 21, 2009, 04:40:34 PM
Always out in front of the story, yoooooouuuuuuuuurrrrrrr Chicago Tribune!

Meh.  Let me know when the robot starts eating out Catwoman.
Hire Jim Essian!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: April 22, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Anyone else just baffled by the scheduling? Why do they need so many days off?

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #352 on: April 22, 2009, 01:27:05 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 22, 2009, 01:09:56 PM
Anyone else just baffled by the scheduling? Why do they need so many days off?

Who knows. I was assuming there would be another playoff double header tonight. Or I was going to have to choose between bassetball and hockee.

Maybe they need another day to finish writing the script.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #353 on: April 22, 2009, 09:21:33 PM »
It's stupid the way NBA does the scheduling.  Bulls will end up playing 4 games in 8 days.  And they wonder why NBA playoffs ratings are down...

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: April 22, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on April 22, 2009, 09:21:33 PM
It's stupid the way NBA does the scheduling.  Bulls will end up playing 4 games in 8 days.  And they wonder why NBA playoffs ratings are down...

Hard to build solid momentum. Say what you want about Bettman, hockey has it right. Every two days with a couple exceptions.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #355 on: April 22, 2009, 10:02:28 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 22, 2009, 09:47:23 PM

Hard to build solid momentum. Say what you want about Bettman, hockey has it right. Every two days with a couple exceptions.
Yea, that's how it should be.  Plus the rest really does helps the celtics more than the bulls.   

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: April 23, 2009, 12:55:02 AM »
Ratings are up, actually.

And the reasons the Bulls didn't play on Wednesday, well, do you want five playoff games a night? Or do you want to let the fans of the league have a chance to see just about every minute of action?

Yah mo B there!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: April 23, 2009, 05:40:36 AM »

Don't give Bettman cresit for that, it was in place before he got there.

And don't think for a second that if NBC wanted the league to shuffle the schedule, he wouldn't do it in a hummingbird's heartbeat.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: April 23, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 05:40:36 AM

And don't think for a second that if NBC wanted the league to shuffle the schedule, he wouldn't do it in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

You don't give him cresit? How do you know it was there before him? Did that info come from the datase?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: April 23, 2009, 10:30:38 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 23, 2009, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 05:40:36 AM

You don't give him cresit? How do you know it was there before him? Did that info come from the datase?

I'm old, remember?

That explains the remembering the NHL before Bettman, and the blind-guy spelling.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16