News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,853 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2009, 11:52:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 23, 2009, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 05:40:36 AM
Quote from: Slakee on April 22, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Quote from: air2300 on April 22, 2009, 09:21:33 PM
It's stupid the way NBA does the scheduling.  Bulls will end up playing 4 games in 8 days.  And they wonder why NBA playoffs ratings are down...

Hard to build solid momentum. Say what you want about Bettman, hockey has it right. Every two days with a couple exceptions.

Don't give Bettman cresit for that, it was in place before he got there.

And don't think for a second that if NBC wanted the league to shuffle the schedule, he wouldn't do it in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

You don't give him cresit? How do you know it was there before him? Did that info come from the datase?

I'm old, remember?

That explains the remembering the NHL before Bettman, and the blind-guy spelling.

No. And I'm surprised you do.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
Not that Bill Simmons is an NBA genius, but I still enjoyed reading this from his column today:

QuoteHere's what you want from your much-ballyhooed rookie in the playoffs: You want him to raise his game a level, make his teammates better, play without fear, exhibit the requisite competitiveness and have a few "Good God, did you just see that????" moments. Through two games, Derrick Rose nailed all of these checkmarks unlike anyone we've seen since ... (gulp) ... Magic Johnson. You cannot say enough about him.

Of all the remarkable plays Rose made through two games, one stood out for me: With about eight minutes remaining in Game 2, Rose was backpedaling and hoping to foil a modified fast break. Instead of trying to beat Rose off the dribble, Paul Pierce lobbed a pass to Eddie House in the corner. Even though he was backpedaling, Rose sniffed the pass out, whirled around on the foul line, took TWO giant steps, improbably closed out on House's 3-pointer and tipped the shot. Watching it live, I rewound the play on TiVo even though the game was still going -- just for the record, I never, ever, ever rewind plays until the commercial -- and only because I was thinking, "Wait a second, he didn't just take two steps from the foul line and block a corner 3, did he?" Yup. He did.

One thing separates him from other world-class rookies who preceded him on a big stage: As far as pure point guards go, he might be the best athlete we've ever seen. If you built the ideal point guard, like how you can create a player from scratch on "NBA Live," wouldn't you basically create Derrick Rose? Lord help us if he ever learns how to shoot 3-pointers. Regardless, after Games 1 and 2, the ceiling has been removed for Derrick Rose. I am prepared for anything over the next 12 years. Anything.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #362 on: April 23, 2009, 12:56:27 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 23, 2009, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 10:30:38 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on April 23, 2009, 10:08:11 AM
Quote from: Fork on April 23, 2009, 05:40:36 AM
Quote from: Slakee on April 22, 2009, 09:47:23 PM
Quote from: air2300 on April 22, 2009, 09:21:33 PM
It's stupid the way NBA does the scheduling.  Bulls will end up playing 4 games in 8 days.  And they wonder why NBA playoffs ratings are down...

Hard to build solid momentum. Say what you want about Bettman, hockey has it right. Every two days with a couple exceptions.

Don't give Bettman cresit for that, it was in place before he got there.

And don't think for a second that if NBC wanted the league to shuffle the schedule, he wouldn't do it in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

You don't give him cresit? How do you know it was there before him? Did that info come from the datase?

I'm old, remember?

That explains the remembering the NHL before Bettman, and the blind-guy spelling.

No. And I'm surprised you do.

I have my name embroidered backward on my shirts, so I can identify the codger in the mirror.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #363 on: April 23, 2009, 03:24:43 PM »
Vinny, in yet another valiant attempt to make it as difficult as possible for his own team to beat the Celtics, would like to play Tim Thomas more tonight:

QuoteBut Bulls coach Vinny Del Negro has mentioned Thomas twice since Wednesday's practice ended, and Thomas has hit many big shots over the years in playoff situations.

"I probably could've played him a little bit in Game 2," Del Negro said. "I think he can help us a little with the way he can score. ... But he's a veteran guy so if I need to use him, I feel confident doing so. Hopefully, Game 3 presents that opportunity. I have no hesitation putting him out there."

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #364 on: April 23, 2009, 07:59:28 PM »
Quote from: KD on April 23, 2009, 12:55:02 AM
Ratings are up, actually.

And the reasons the Bulls didn't play on Wednesday, well, do you want five playoff games a night? Or do you want to let the fans of the league have a chance to see just about every minute of action?
You are correct.  The ratings are up this year.  It is also nice to get a chance to watch every game, but not too thrilled about 7 games series going for two weeks.  It's not really going to stop me from watching every game, but doesn't mean I won't complain about it. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #365 on: April 23, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on April 23, 2009, 07:59:28 PM
Quote from: KD on April 23, 2009, 12:55:02 AM
Ratings are up, actually.

And the reasons the Bulls didn't play on Wednesday, well, do you want five playoff games a night? Or do you want to let the fans of the league have a chance to see just about every minute of action?
You are correct.  The ratings are up this year.  It is also nice to get a chance to watch every game, but not too thrilled about 7 games series going for two weeks.  It's not really going to stop me from watching every game, but doesn't mean I won't complain about it. 

I also don't see how my options are:

a) wait two or three days between games or

b) five games a day

Whatever the case, there's a middle ground there somewhere.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #366 on: April 23, 2009, 09:24:33 PM »
Sooo, I guess there's always Game 4.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #367 on: April 23, 2009, 09:47:10 PM »
Also from the Sportsguy today...

QuoteI can guarantee you, the Cavaliers are thinking right now, "The only Eastern team who makes us sweat even a little is Chicago."

No.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #368 on: April 23, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 21, 2009, 07:50:16 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 21, 2009, 12:23:34 AM
This still sets up very well.

Bulls are 28-13 at home, plus what...14 wins in the last 16 home games?

As long as they don't have a letdown after letting that last one slip away...I still say they're in good shape.

It's 1-1 and it's pretty safe to say the Bulls are completely unafraid of the Celtics. I honestly think they have this series.

It's 1-2 now. The Bulls look confident and unafraid. They've got this.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2009, 10:02:09 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on April 23, 2009, 09:48:14 PM

As long as they don't have a letdown after letting that last one slip away...I still say they're in good shape.

It's 1-1 and it's pretty safe to say the Bulls are completely unafraid of the Celtics. I honestly think they have this series.

You're a bag of tiny penises.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2009, 10:36:25 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 23, 2009, 10:02:09 PM
Quote from: ~Apex on April 23, 2009, 09:48:14 PM

You're a bag of tiny penises.

That's not very nice.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2009, 03:23:56 AM »
The NHL had five games on the other night. If Stern put five playoff games on for one night, I'd be PISSED.

Yah mo B there!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Quote from: KD on April 25, 2009, 03:23:56 AM
The NHL had five games on the other night. If Stern put five playoff games on for one night, I'd be PISSED.

Just be glad the NBA games are all on TV somewhere in the states.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2009, 01:25:41 PM »

It's best for everyone if the NHL gets their season over with as quickly as possible.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2009, 01:35:50 PM »
Quote from: JD on April 25, 2009, 01:25:41 PM

It's best for everyone if the NHL gets their season over with as quickly as possible.

You've never realized just how hurtful you can be, have you?