News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 311,177 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #405 on: April 29, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 29, 2009, 08:43:12 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 29, 2009, 07:13:08 AM
Quote from: butthead on April 28, 2009, 09:22:17 PM
KG is a jackass.

I liked at the end of the game when Neil Funk and Stacey King were essentially calling him a jackass.

Save yourself the trouble and watch TNT. Funk and King are the Hawk and (insert random asshole) of basketball. I can't stand them.

I think they're allright.

Besides I liked this exchange as well:

Funk - "well, you know how i feel about the celtics."
King - "i have the utmost respect for them..."
Funk - "i don't."

I'm with Neil, fuck the Celtics.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:08 AM »
Any suggestions on how to explain NBA officiating to a five-year-old?  Dear God, Miller got Ike Turnered.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: April 29, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 29, 2009, 08:28:16 AM
How could Rondo's foul on Miller not be a flagrant?  The guy wasn't even in the same area code as the ball and practically knocked Miller's tooth out.  Isn't the whole point of the flagrant foul to police against the mugging that that little punk pulled off?

I know it makes me sound like a stupid sports radio caller, but I'm hoping the Bulls put in Aaron Gray for the first time Rondo drives to the basket in Game 6 so he can slam the little twerp into the ground.  Take the flagrant and the ejection, have the team chip in and pay Gray's fine and move on.

I'm not totally confident Gray has the ability or coordination to do even this, but I want someone to try.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #408 on: April 29, 2009, 10:02:41 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 29, 2009, 09:40:53 AM
How could Rondo's foul on Miller not be a flagrant?  The guy wasn't even in the same area code as the ball and practically knocked Miller's tooth out.  Isn't the whole point of the flagrant foul to police against the mugging that that little punk pulled off?

I know it makes me sound like a stupid sports radio caller, but I'm hoping the Bulls put in Aaron Gray for the first time Rondo drives to the basket in Game 6 so he can slam the little twerp into the ground.  Take the flagrant and the ejection, have the team chip in and pay Gray's fine and move on.

I'm not totally confident Gray has the ability or coordination to do even this, but I want someone to try.

Hell yes. It might be the typical meatball fan reaction, but I'm with you.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: April 29, 2009, 10:09:06 AM »
Quote from: butthead on April 29, 2009, 10:02:41 AM

Thirded.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: April 29, 2009, 10:13:11 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 29, 2009, 10:09:06 AM

Thirded.

I haven't even followed the series, but I still want to throat-punch Garnett.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #411 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:37 AM »
If the NBA suspends Dwight Howard for kind of elbowing Dalenbert last night, will they suspend Rando for punching Miller? 

I don't think either plays are suspension worthy but it will be interesting to see how NBA handles it.

Also, I agree that the Bulls should knock Rando on his ass.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »

If only Ditka were coaching dis team...

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: April 29, 2009, 10:54:08 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on April 29, 2009, 10:43:37 AM
If the NBA suspends Dwight Howard for kind of elbowing Dalenbert last night, will they suspend Rando for punching Miller? 

I don't think either plays are suspension worthy but it will be interesting to see how NBA handles it.

Howard - yes
Rondo - no

You can at least make a semi-argument that Rondo was going for the ball.

So, was that a designed play for Miller?
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »
There's no way he gets suspended.

Lost in the shuffle of last night's game - why did Rivers leave Allen out there after his fifth foul? He could have sat him down for a few minutes to preserve him for the end of regulation, no? My thought was that the Celtics bench is so thin he just didn't want to sub him - but still.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2009, 11:01:10 AM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 29, 2009, 10:56:47 AM

Lost in the shuffle of last night's game - why did Rivers leave Allen out there after his fifth foul? He could have sat him down for a few minutes to preserve him for the end of regulation, no? My thought was that the Celtics bench is so thin he just didn't want to sub him - but still.

I wondered the same thing. Doc must have shuddered at the thought of Stephon and his stupid head tattoo taking any shots. Speaking of strategery, why is Vinny's favorite end-of-game play 'isolate Ben Gordon so he can dribble around for a while and throw up a fadeaway' instead of 'get the ball to Rose so he can get to the basket and create something'?

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #416 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:17 AM »
Quote from: RV on April 29, 2009, 11:01:10 AM
Quote from: Slakee on April 29, 2009, 10:56:47 AM

I wondered the same thing. Doc must have shuddered at the thought of Stephon and his stupid head tattoo taking any shots. Speaking of strategery, why is Vinny's favorite end-of-game play 'isolate Ben Gordon so he can dribble around for a while and throw up a fadeaway' instead of 'get the ball to Rose so he can get to the basket and create something'?
I didn't mind Gordon taking that shot as much.  Would I have like to see somebody drive to the basket?  Yea, but I can live with that shot.  I just didn't like the stretch of two minutes when Celtics made their comeback where Gordon didn't touch the ball.  This was after he made a three point to take the lead to 11 I believe.  That can't happen again.     

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: April 29, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 29, 2009, 10:09:06 AM

Thirded.

4thed.

I'm not aware of the Bulls enough to know who would be their 12th man used as sacrifice, so  until I read that, I had the exact same thought as Eli, just without a face or name.  But Eli has given me a name for this Haley, and it is Aaron Gray.

But wait until Game 7.  I can't see this team gagging on their home floor for a second time in this series.  It's coming back to that shithole New England burgh.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: April 29, 2009, 01:01:52 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 29, 2009, 10:54:08 AM

Howard - yes
Rondo - no

Yes, I brought it up during the time out to someone I was watching the game with. Because the Celtics switch on every screen in that situation, it's designed to use that aggression against themselves. Make your own joke after that line.

Yah mo B there!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: April 29, 2009, 01:12:59 PM »
Quote from: KD on April 29, 2009, 01:01:52 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 29, 2009, 10:54:08 AM

Howard - yes
Rondo - no

Yes, I brought it up during the time out to someone I was watching the game with. Because the Celtics switch on every screen in that situation, it's designed to use that aggression against themselves. Make your own joke after that line.

Thanks for answering that.
I actually thought, all things considered, it wasn't a bad play call.

With that little time on the clock, you generally assume you won't see a foul call so getting it to your best free throw shooter isn't necessarily key.
Granted, you also assume your guy won't get decapitated.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.