News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 311,227 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #465 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:52 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 04, 2009, 01:54:01 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2009, 01:42:36 PM
Quote from: RV on May 04, 2009, 12:57:33 PM
Any chance Blake Griffin will be available at #16? No big deal if he isn't, Hansborough and Harangody will be better pros anyway.

If Blair is still around, I'd be happy with him.  He's not the answer to all low-post problems, but he can at least rebound.  The Bulls could use that.

This mock (I have no idea who this guy is, I just searched for nba mock and got this), has the Bulls taking Patrick Patterson (UK) and Wayne Ellington (UNC) with the first two picks.

Seems pretty good.

Probably a bit of an overstatement by that guy to say Gordon is "expected" to leave Chicago.  Not a lot of teams have cap room this summer, so I think his options will be limited.  I'm probably missing a few, but I know three teams with some room are Detroit, OKC and Memphis.  Gordon doesn't really fit in Detroit and the other two teams are terrible (though OKC is on the upswing), so he might be best served to stay with the Bulls.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #466 on: May 04, 2009, 02:01:54 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2009, 02:00:52 PM
I'm probably missing a few, but I know three teams with some room are Detroit, OKC and Memphis. 

Intrepid Reader: JD

Those two teams are AWESOME!  Gordon's going there.  Get on the bandwagon.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #467 on: May 04, 2009, 02:04:33 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2009, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Eli on May 04, 2009, 02:00:52 PM
I'm probably missing a few, but I know three teams with some room are Detroit, OKC and Memphis. 

Intrepid Reader: JD

Those two teams are AWESOME!  Gordon's going there.  Get on the bandwagon.

Gordon doesn't really fit at all in Memphis or Detroit, though you could make an argument that OKC could use a pure scorer, assuming they see Westbrook as the long-term PG and don't want to move him over to the 2.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #468 on: May 05, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »
Randy Brown is broke and auctioning off his 3 title rings.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/blog?post=4111573&name=friedell

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #469 on: May 05, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #472 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:12 PM »
Any chance Blake Griffin will be available at #16? No big deal if he isn't, Hansborough and Harangody will be better pros anyway.

If Blair is still around, I'd be happy with him.  He's not the answer to all low-post problems, but he can at least rebound.  The Bulls could use that.

This mock (I have no idea who this guy is, I just searched for nba mock and got this), has the Bulls taking Patrick Patterson (UK) and Wayne Ellington (UNC) with the first two picks.

Seems pretty good.

Here's another one with the Bulls taking Terrance Williams (Louisville) and Ellington with the two picks.  Williams is an SG/Point Forward type - there was a nice piece on him in SI at the beginning of the tournament.

Patrick Patterson?  He's not that good.  Wayne Ellington?  i liked him more the first time around when his name was Donald Williams.

Terrance Williams could be pretty decent second unit player eventually.  I guess.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #473 on: May 08, 2009, 10:22:40 PM »
Quote from: JD on May 08, 2009, 09:25:12 PM

Seems pretty good.

Here's another one with the Bulls taking Terrance Williams (Louisville) and Ellington with the two picks.  Williams is an SG/Point Forward type - there was a nice piece on him in SI at the beginning of the tournament.

Patrick Patterson?  He's not that good.  Wayne Ellington?  i liked him more the first time around when his name was Donald Williams.

Terrance Williams could be pretty decent second unit player eventually.  I guess.

Bulls will have to wait another year to draft Patterson.  He just withdrew from the draft.   

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4153040

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #474 on: May 09, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on May 08, 2009, 10:22:40 PM
Quote from: JD on May 08, 2009, 09:25:12 PM

Seems pretty good.

Bulls will have to wait another year to draft Patterson.  He just withdrew from the draft.   

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4153040

I concur.  He did.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #475 on: May 14, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
This has nothing to do with anything, but apparently the lure of an NBA player is so strong, that even Jo Noah can do well for himself.

NSFW photos of said date, here
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #476 on: May 27, 2009, 09:25:45 AM »
Dumping Luol for an expiring contract? Yes please.

QuoteSuns GM Steve Kerr is looking to deal Shaq and is said to be interested in Loul Deng.

http://www.rumorpress.net/?p=86

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #477 on: May 27, 2009, 10:03:15 AM »
No source, a made-up player (who the hell is Loul Deng?), and it's the mark of an NBA idiot is when they fail to recognize that, just because you hadn't heard of John Salmons until recently, it doesn't mean he's 24. He turns 30 a month and a half into next season. 2008-09 was likely his career year. It's downhill after this. Salmons presence does not make it OK to trade a 24-year old who put up stats similar to Salmons' career-year at age 22.

A mark of an idiot in general is when they fail to distinguish between "resign" and "re-sign."

Not slamming you, RV. Just the nameless guy who posted this.

Yah mo B there!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #478 on: May 27, 2009, 10:17:45 AM »
Quote from: KD on May 27, 2009, 10:03:15 AM
No source, a made-up player (who the hell is Loul Deng?), and it's the mark of an NBA idiot is when they fail to recognize that, just because you hadn't heard of John Salmons until recently, it doesn't mean he's 24. He turns 30 a month and a half into next season. 2008-09 was likely his career year. It's downhill after this. Salmons presence does not make it OK to trade a 24-year old who put up stats similar to Salmons' career-year at age 22.

A mark of an idiot in general is when they fail to distinguish between "resign" and "re-sign."

Not slamming you, RV. Just the nameless guy who posted this.

Yeah, I guess the "plan on engaging in trade talks" should have been a red flag. Hopefully the next rumor I post will be slightly less retarded.

KD, you think the Bulls will try to trade Deng? Do you think they should?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #479 on: June 01, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
DPD. Hopefully this is less ridiculous than my last rumor.

QuoteAlthough Carlos Boozer could be headed to Detroit in a free-agent deal in July, there's a chance he'll end up going to Toronto in a package for Chris Bosh. The Bulls remain interested in Bosh, but Luol Deng would have to be part of a package going to the Raptors. The Raptors, privately, are acknowledging for the first time that they might need to trade Bosh, rather than risk losing him to free agency in 2010.