News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 311,149 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #480 on: June 05, 2009, 01:09:11 PM »
Hey, RV (and anyone else who accidentally wanders into this thread, I guess).  Saw that Bosh is definitely planning to enter free agency in 2010:

http://www.thestar.com/article/645658

Could be good news if the Raps decide they want to deal him this summer, rather than let him walk for nothing. 

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #481 on: June 06, 2009, 12:15:07 PM »
If they try to deal him, the bulls should be able to put together a good package for them. I like the idea of bosh on this team.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: June 08, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »
I still think Stoudemire is more realistic. But not realistic at all. I'm in LA now, and nobody thinks he'll be traded this summer. And the Raptors are likely just to see if they can do right by Bosh.

Yah mo B there!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: June 10, 2009, 02:06:34 PM »
SI.com has a Mock Draft out today.

Has the Bulls taking:
16. Earl Clark, SF, Louisville
25. Wayne Ellington SG, UNC

Don't know much about Clark, but an SF seems like a questionable choice with the top pick unless Deng or Salmons get moved.
Also, 6'10 226 seems rather Tyrus-esque.

I know he's not the most popular guy and he's maybe a reach at 16 (and unavailable at 25) but I think Hansbrough isn't a bad choice here.

I'll hang up and get ready to be insulted.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: June 10, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2009, 02:06:34 PM

Has the Bulls taking:

Don't know much about Clark, but an SF seems like a questionable choice with the top pick unless Deng or Salmons get moved.

I know he's not the most popular guy and he's maybe a reach at 16 (and unavailable at 25) but I think Hansbrough isn't a bad choice here.

I think it's totally reasonable that you want to use a mid first round pick on Mark Madsenborough. At least it would be sweet VINDICATION for this hoopsfaggot.

Quote from: RV on April 10, 2008, 10:26:13 AMIf you really want to get sick, think about them drafting Psycho T in the 1st and Neitzel in the 2nd. They both play for big time programs, they stay out of trouble, and they'll bring 'energy' and 'effort'. No way Paxson can pass up these winners.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: June 10, 2009, 02:32:43 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 10, 2009, 02:31:18 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2009, 02:06:34 PM

Has the Bulls taking:

I think it's totally reasonable that you want to use a mid first round pick on Mark Madsenborough. At least it would be sweet VINDICATION for at this hoopsfaggot.

Quote from: RV on April 10, 2008, 10:26:13 AMIf you really want to get sick, think about them drafting Psycho T in the 1st and Neitzel in the 2nd. They both play for big time programs, they stay out of trouble, and they'll bring 'energy' and 'effort'. No way Paxson can pass up these winners.

Except now it's Paxson and Red Foreman, or whatever the fuck the new GM's name is.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: June 10, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
I think it's totally reasonable that you want to use a mid first round pick on Mark Madsenborough. At least it would be sweet VINDICATION for this hoopsfaggot.

Clearly no guarantees on Hanbrough being good in the pros, but comparing him to Madsen (scroll down to college stats) is totally unjustified.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: June 10, 2009, 02:47:31 PM »
What an awful, awful draft.  I would not be opposed to trying to combine 16 & 26 to move up a few spots to try and grab a guy like DeJuan Blair, or out of this year's draft entirely.  Could be worse, I suppose.  We could be picking 3rd.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: June 10, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on June 10, 2009, 02:44:43 PM

Clearly no guarantees on Hanbrough being good in the pros, but comparing him to Madsen (scroll down to college stats) is totally unjustified.

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually wouldn't be opposed to Hansborough.  When you're not drafting in the top 8-10 picks, it makes sense to draft a guy who has some skills and is lower-risk.  Hansborough doesn't have the intrigue of some other guys, and he's almost guaranteed to not become a star in the NBA.  But I think there's a pretty decent chance he can become a rotation guy that contributes 15-20 solid minutes a game.  That's not exciting, but it's definitely useful to a team like the Bulls. And it's probably a better use of a draft picks than gambling on the five percent chance that BJ Mullens someday learns how to run five feet without falling down.

If Blair isn't available at 16, or they can't trade up for him, I'm fine with Psycho T being on the Bulls.  It'd also be the second time in three years the Bulls drafted the most hated player in college basketball.  That's fun.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: June 10, 2009, 03:13:31 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2009, 02:58:44 PM

Can't believe I'm saying it, but I actually wouldn't be opposed to Hansborough.  When you're not drafting in the top 8-10 picks, it makes sense to draft a guy who has some skills and is lower-risk.  Hansborough doesn't have the intrigue of some other guys, and he's almost guaranteed to not become a star in the NBA.  But I think there's a pretty decent chance he can become a rotation guy that contributes 15-20 solid minutes a game.  That's not exciting, but it's definitely useful to a team like the Bulls. And it's probably a better use of a draft picks than gambling on the five percent chance that BJ Mullens someday learns how to run five feet without falling down.

If Blair isn't available at 16, or they can't trade up for him, I'm fine with Psycho T being on the Bulls.  It'd also be the second time in three years the Bulls drafted the most hated player in college basketball.  That's fun.

I understand the argument for Hansborough, and I know he's better than Madsen, and he could help the team. But I don't know if there's enough room in my Bulls hatemobile to hold Tyrus the knucklehead, Joakim the out-of-shape-until-spring goofball, AND a chest-pounding douche like Hansborough. Especially when you add Vinny to the mix, having 4 legitimately hateworthy guys on my team of choice would make for a long season.

Ivy is right though, the fact that Hansborough is a legitimate consideration in the teens means this is a pretty terrible draft.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: June 10, 2009, 06:22:50 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 10, 2009, 02:58:44 PM

I would just like to say that I agree with all of this.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: June 10, 2009, 07:21:30 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on June 10, 2009, 02:47:31 PM
What an awful, awful draft.  I would not be opposed to trying to combine 16 & 26 to move up a few spots to try and grab a guy like DeJuan Blair, or out of this year's draft entirely.  Could be worse, I suppose.  We could be picking 3rd.

You shut your mouth.  Okie City's right where they want to be after Chris Wallace picks Hasheem Thabeet.  It's like having the #2. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

KD

• Jazz Life
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: June 12, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
I want both those picks to be traded. It's an awful draft, and the team doesn't need any new guaranteed contracts when its trying to sign Gordon and work trades.

Yah mo B there!

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #493 on: June 13, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »
Quote from: KD on June 12, 2009, 06:44:03 PM
I want both those picks to be traded. It's an awful draft, and the team doesn't need any new guaranteed contracts when its trying to sign Gordon and work trades.

What have you heard about Gar Forman?  I'll hang up and wait for the answer.     

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #494 on: June 17, 2009, 11:10:59 AM »
Sam Smith reports that the pistons have "promised" Gordon 11 million per year.  I am guessing it is probably 5 years 55 millions.  I don't see how the bulls can't offer the same to him.  I just wonder if the bulls will offer him that or he even signs back with the bulls if the money is the same.