News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,836 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #555 on: November 11, 2009, 08:35:20 AM »
Quote from: Pre on November 10, 2009, 10:14:41 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on November 10, 2009, 09:48:30 PM
Well - the Bulls just got fucked.

I normally don't complain about the officials because they are all so bad it's just
part of the game.  But that was a complete raping.

Wasn't there an angle that showed the ball on his fingertips with the red light on? Also, isn't there some old rule of thumb that you need a minimum 0.4 seconds to catch and shoot? All that being said, those refs were full of piss and tard juice.

On the good news side of the ledger, Joakim is really good at rebounding and shotblocking and defense and basketball stuff. I guess some people will never get past the fact that he is/was a goofy looking pudwhack, but he's turned into a damn good player.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #556 on: November 11, 2009, 08:41:52 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 11, 2009, 08:35:20 AM

I normally don't complain about the officials because they are all so bad it's just

Wasn't there an angle that showed the ball on his fingertips with the red light on? Also, isn't there some old rule of thumb that you need a minimum 0.4 seconds to catch and shoot? All that being said, those refs were full of piss and tard juice.

On the good news side of the ledger, Joakim is really good at rebounding and shotblocking and defense and basketball stuff. I guess some people will never get past the fact that he is/was a goofy looking pudwhack, but he's turned into a damn good player.

He's a twat and he'll always be a twat.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #557 on: November 11, 2009, 08:48:04 AM »

I thought 0.3 was the number they'd set. I guess I could google it. Nah.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #558 on: November 11, 2009, 08:55:55 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 11, 2009, 08:48:04 AM

I thought 0.3 was the number they'd set. I guess I could google it. Nah.

Looks like you're right. From the comments on the Yahoo game recap:

QuoteThe Trent Tucker rule:

"NO LESS THAN :00.3 must expire on the game clock when a player secures possession of an inbounds pass and then attempts a field goal. If less than :00.3 expires in such a situation, the timer will be instructed to deduct AT LEAST :00.3 from the game clock. If less than :00.3 remain on the game clock when this situation occurs, the period is over, and the field goal attempt will be disallowed immediately whether successful or unsuccessful."

There were .3 seconds left, the minimum allowed time to pull off a shot.

And of course:

Rule 13 Section III - Replay Review Process
- Reviews would be conducted as a crew. The Crew Chief will make the final decision.
- Maximum of two minutes to review the video and make a ruling. Reasonable amount of additional time beyond two minutes for review of Flagrant Fouls/Penalty 2 and Player Altercations.
- Calls made on the court will be overturned only with "clear and conclusive" visual evidence.

It took them ten freaking minutes to review the shot. The rules clearly state that a maximum of only two minutes can be used, except in the cases of flagrant fouls and player altercations.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #560 on: November 11, 2009, 12:50:51 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 11, 2009, 09:18:11 AM
DPD.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1896/nogood2.jpg
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1896/nogood2.jpg

Eh, those aren't the best angle, since his hand is between the camera and the ball,
it could be all the way touching or 6 inches out.  I mean, put your hand 6 inches
above your mouse and look down, it'll look the same way.  From the side angle it really
looked out to me, and the original call was that it was good.  Even the refs declared
it a judgement call.  Unless there's a rules clause that if it's not definitive then it's no
good, I think it's stupid to over rule the in game call.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #561 on: November 11, 2009, 01:05:40 PM »
Rick Morrissey ate his anti-Jokequeen column with salsa. I understand he's having a good year. That's terrific. I'm really happy for you guys. Because if you're going to root for a complete cocksmoke he might as well at least produce. Enjoy.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #562 on: November 11, 2009, 01:07:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 11, 2009, 01:05:40 PM
Rick Morrissey ate his anti-Jokequeen column with salsa. I understand he's having a good year. That's terrific. I'm really happy for you guys. Because if you're going to root for a complete cocksmoke he might as well at least produce. Enjoy.

So you better start producing, buddy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #563 on: November 11, 2009, 01:09:58 PM »
Quote from: Fork on November 11, 2009, 01:07:59 PM

So you better start producing, buddy.

Sorry, brah. The light aint flipped on yet in this drink sodden head of mine.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #564 on: November 11, 2009, 01:36:46 PM »

While I'll take 20 rebounds from Ronald McDonald. Same time, having a good year is a pretty retarded thing to declare at this point in the season. And yes, I realize that Morrissey made the declaration, not Apex.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #565 on: November 11, 2009, 01:37:07 PM »
I'm glad Fork and Apex are no longer switching to new screen names at 1908.  It's easier to keep track of how many terrible posts they've posted.
Hire Jim Essian!

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #566 on: November 11, 2009, 01:40:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 11, 2009, 01:37:07 PM
I'm glad Fork and Apex are no longer switching to new screen names at 1908.  It's easier to keep track of how many terrible posts they've posted.

Why would you want to keep track of that?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #567 on: November 11, 2009, 01:44:22 PM »
Quote from: MAD on November 11, 2009, 01:40:56 PM

For many of the same reasons I watch the Cubs.
Hire Jim Essian!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2009, 01:59:39 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 11, 2009, 01:44:22 PM

You're compiling a list of them to use in a running feature on your blog that you never intend to finish?

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2009, 02:42:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 11, 2009, 01:59:39 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 11, 2009, 01:44:22 PM

You're compiling a list of them to use in a running feature on your blog that you never intend to finish?

I was on a roll for a while.  Now I'll stop again just to spite myself.
Hire Jim Essian!