News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 311,368 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #570 on: November 23, 2009, 02:41:16 PM »
This is just incredible.  Vinny Del Negro inside the huddle:

http://www.blogabull.com/2009/11/20/1167222/del-negro-in-action-derrick-attack

In two minutes, he never gives a single specific piece of coaching advice.  He's like a pull-string doll of basketball cliches.

The best part is at the 1:13 mark where he makes Taj Gibson run all the way over to tell him, "Be aggressive. Defense. Shooting. Strong. Be aggressive. C'mon."

Runner-up favorite moment: "C'mon. Get a few stops, defensively. Then run out and hit some shots." 

C'mon, coach.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #571 on: November 23, 2009, 02:49:59 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 23, 2009, 02:41:16 PM

In two minutes, he never gives a single specific piece of coaching advice.  He's like a pull-string doll of basketball cliches.

The best part is at the 1:13 mark where he makes Taj Gibson run all the way over to tell him, "Be aggressive. Defense. Shooting. Strong. Be aggressive. C'mon."

Runner-up favorite moment: "C'mon. Get a few stops, defensively. Then run out and hit some shots." 

C'mon, coach.

Intrepid Reader: RV

Too many cookies out there, folks.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #572 on: November 23, 2009, 04:41:14 PM »

C'mon, coach.
This team is kind of good.  It would be nice to have a coach who can actually coach these guys up and develop them.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #573 on: November 23, 2009, 04:50:33 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on November 23, 2009, 04:41:14 PM

C'mon, coach.
This team is kind of good.  It would be nice to have a coach who can actually coach these guys up and develop them.

I hate to be a buzzkill, but shouldn't a team be able to score points before calling it "kind of good"?

Vinny's a dope, but I'd rather have some more talented players who can score than a new coach. Both would be nice though.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #574 on: November 23, 2009, 05:59:12 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 23, 2009, 04:50:33 PM
Quote from: air2300 on November 23, 2009, 04:41:14 PM

C'mon, coach.

I hate to be a buzzkill, but shouldn't a team be able to score points before calling it "kind of good"?

Vinny's a dope, but I'd rather have some more talented players who can score than a new coach. Both would be nice though.
They have the talent to put up more points than they have so far.  I was concerned about the scoring without Gordon, but with the improvement from Noah and Deng, they should be alright.  Rose is starting to come around and Salmon won't be shooting as badly as he has so far this year.  To me, the bulls are good enough to be the 5th seed in the east, which means they are "kind of good". 

I would also love to have more talented players, but that won't be happening until next year when Wade, Bosh and Lebron will take minimum to win championships with Rose.  So for this year, can I just bitch about the coach who is just not very good?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #575 on: December 01, 2009, 08:35:42 AM »
The Bulls are kind of bad.

QuoteLindsey Hunter played the entire 4th quarter.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #576 on: December 01, 2009, 08:51:40 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 01, 2009, 08:35:42 AM

This thread title is almost two years old and it's never been more true. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #577 on: December 01, 2009, 09:07:03 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 01, 2009, 08:51:40 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 01, 2009, 08:35:42 AM

This thread title is almost two years old and it's never been more true. 

I expected a win total in the high 30s. They're coming off a west coast trip and they never, ever play well out there. Even in years they made the playoffs they got absolutely trounced out west. It just seems to happen. When they play a long stretch of games against the East and at home, they'll be fine.

Yes, they lost to the Bucks last night. It happens.

This team is exactly what I expected. And yeah, they're pretty insignificant. The main reason to watch is the hope that Derrick Rose doesn't break his neck or anything.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #578 on: December 01, 2009, 10:21:20 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 01, 2009, 09:07:03 AM
This team is exactly what I expected. And yeah, they're pretty insignificant. The main reason to watch is the hope that Derrick Rose doesn't break his neck or anything. will take the ball to the basket one of these days.

Unassertive'd.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #579 on: December 02, 2009, 12:01:18 PM »
Old Bull news.

"Lakers forward Ron Artest admits he used to drink alcohol during games while he was on the Bulls.
"I used to drink Hennessy ... at halftime," said Artest, who played with the Bulls from 1999-2002. "I (kept it) in my locker. I'd just walk to the liquor store (near the stadium) and get it." This is very shocking news and it will be interesting to see what David Stern has to say about this one. Owners should hope that Artest is not disciplined so long after the fact. Dec. 2 - 10:35 am et
Source: Sporting News "

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #580 on: December 03, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »
FYBG!

What a spectacularly bland brand of basketball.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #581 on: December 04, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »
So if the Bulls trade Tyrus to the Knicks for Al Harrington this is just another thing we can blame VDN for, isn't it?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #582 on: December 04, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:20:04 AM
So if the Bulls trade Tyrus to the Knicks for Al Harrington this is just another thing we can blame VDN for, isn't it?

Considering the insignificance of this team and that really the main focus is the 2010 off-season, I'll take all the expiring contracts we can get.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #583 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:46 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 10:20:00 AM

Considering the insignificance of this team and that really the main focus is the 2010 off-season, I'll take all the expiring contracts we can get.

Well get on the trade GM PenFoe

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #584 on: December 04, 2009, 11:08:51 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 10:20:00 AM

Except the Bulls have no obligation to Tyrus for next season, so this move wouldn't help with cap space.  The only way the Bulls can get more cap room for next summer is to trade Kirk or Deng.