News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,808 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #585 on: December 04, 2009, 11:16:04 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 04, 2009, 11:08:51 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 10:20:00 AM
Quote from: Slack-E on December 04, 2009, 09:20:04 AM
So if the Bulls trade Tyrus to the Knicks for Al Harrington this is just another thing we can blame VDN for, isn't it?

Considering the insignificance of this team and that really the main focus is the 2010 off-season, I'll take all the expiring contracts we can get.

Except the Bulls have no obligation to Tyrus for next season, so this move wouldn't help with cap space.  The only way the Bulls can get more cap room for next summer is to trade Kirk or Deng.

Fine,then blame Adrian Woj for this line:

The Bulls believe Harrington's ability to score coupled with a $10.2 million expiring contract make this a worthy exchange.

I just assumed this meant that the expiring contract was the good part of the deal, since no one would actually claim that Al Harrington himself would be a reason to make a trade.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #586 on: December 04, 2009, 11:37:23 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 11:16:04 AM
So if the Bulls trade Tyrus to the Knicks for Al Harrington this is just another thing we can blame VDN for, isn't it?

Considering the insignificance of this team and that really the main focus is the 2010 off-season, I'll take all the expiring contracts we can get.

Except the Bulls have no obligation to Tyrus for next season, so this move wouldn't help with cap space.  The only way the Bulls can get more cap room for next summer is to trade Kirk or Deng.

The Bulls believe Harrington's ability to score coupled with a $10.2 million expiring contract make this a worthy exchange.

I just assumed this meant that the expiring contract was the good part of the deal, since no one would actually claim that Al Harrington himself would be a reason to make a trade.

I would
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #587 on: December 04, 2009, 11:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on December 04, 2009, 11:37:23 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on December 04, 2009, 11:16:04 AM

I would

Totally understandable, considering he's been on 7 teams in the last 5 seasons.
If this team was one scorer away from really competing, you can make a case for Harrington, but they're just not that close.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #588 on: December 07, 2009, 08:03:07 PM »
I'll just confine this to the Bulls thread, since very few people actually care about the team.

I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend. Ivy6, myself and another buddy of mine are going to the Bulls-Celtics game on Saturday night.  Our fourth guy backed out, so we still have a ticket available.  The seats are in the 200 level and are $125.  A bit pricey, but I'm sure you'll get to watch the Bulls lose by 48 points and hang out with us, all while trying to figure out what to say to some complete strangers you sort of know from the Internet it'll be a great time.

We're checking with a few other people, but if anyone is interested in coming along, drop me a PM.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #589 on: December 08, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
So if the Bulls lose tonight, will Vinny get canned?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #590 on: December 08, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 08, 2009, 10:10:14 AM
So if the Bulls lose tonight, will Vinny get canned?

Go Nets!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #591 on: December 08, 2009, 09:37:20 PM »
Careful what you joke about?

Way to go Bulls. You truly are insignificant.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #592 on: December 08, 2009, 09:43:52 PM »
This loss to the Nets may be my favorite moment of the Vinny Del Dumbfuck era.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #593 on: December 09, 2009, 07:17:32 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on December 08, 2009, 09:43:52 PM
This loss to the Nets may be my favorite moment of the Vinny Del Dumbfuck era.

What a turdfest

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #594 on: December 09, 2009, 08:31:39 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 07, 2009, 08:03:07 PM
I'll just confine this to the Bulls thread, since very few people actually care about the team.

I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend. Ivy6, myself and another buddy of mine are going to the Bulls-Celtics game on Saturday night.  Our fourth guy backed out, so we still have a ticket available.  The seats are in the 200 level and are $125.  A bit pricey, but I'm sure you'll get to watch the Bulls lose by 48 points and hang out with us, all while trying to figure out what to say to some complete strangers you sort of know from the Internet it'll be a great time.

We're checking with a few other people, but if anyone is interested in coming along, drop me a PM.

You sticking around for the Bears game on Sunday?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #595 on: December 09, 2009, 08:40:30 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 09, 2009, 08:31:39 AM

I fly out late in the afternoon on Sunday, so I'll at least be able to follow up the Bulls' 30 point loss on Saturday by seeing some of the Bears' 30 point loss on Sunday.  I love Chicago sports.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #596 on: December 09, 2009, 08:13:56 PM »
Bulls down, right on cue (que), by 31 to the Hawks in the 4th quarter.

Vinny, your plane is boarding.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #597 on: December 09, 2009, 08:43:41 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 09, 2009, 08:13:56 PM
Bulls down, right on cue (que), by 31 to the Hawks in the 4th quarter.

Vinny, your plane is boarding.

They were really terrible.  They pretty much just gave up, which I hope is b/c Vinny is still the coach.  They have to fire him.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #598 on: December 09, 2009, 08:44:37 PM »
Went to ESPN to check the score.  It was nice of them to make it easy to find on the front page.

You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #599 on: December 10, 2009, 11:20:37 AM »
Quote from: MAD on December 09, 2009, 08:31:39 AM

Are you going to it, or just watching?
Hire Jim Essian!