News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,887 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #600 on: December 10, 2009, 11:55:11 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 10, 2009, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: MAD on December 09, 2009, 08:31:39 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 07, 2009, 08:03:07 PM
I'll just confine this to the Bulls thread, since very few people actually care about the team.

I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend. Ivy6, myself and another buddy of mine are going to the Bulls-Celtics game on Saturday night.  Our fourth guy backed out, so we still have a ticket available.  The seats are in the 200 level and are $125.  A bit pricey, but I'm sure you'll get to watch the Bulls lose by 48 points and hang out with us, all while trying to figure out what to say to some complete strangers you sort of know from the Internet it'll be a great time.

We're checking with a few other people, but if anyone is interested in coming along, drop me a PM.

You sticking around for the Bears game on Sunday?

Are you going to it, or just watching?

I may be going to the game.  if so, let's meet up beforehand, have a beer, and make fun of Eli if he doesn't show.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: December 10, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »
Quote from: MAD on December 10, 2009, 11:55:11 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 10, 2009, 11:20:37 AM
Quote from: MAD on December 09, 2009, 08:31:39 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 07, 2009, 08:03:07 PM
I'll just confine this to the Bulls thread, since very few people actually care about the team.

I'm going to be in Chicago this weekend. Ivy6, myself and another buddy of mine are going to the Bulls-Celtics game on Saturday night.  Our fourth guy backed out, so we still have a ticket available.  The seats are in the 200 level and are $125.  A bit pricey, but I'm sure you'll get to watch the Bulls lose by 48 points and hang out with us, all while trying to figure out what to say to some complete strangers you sort of know from the Internet it'll be a great time.

We're checking with a few other people, but if anyone is interested in coming along, drop me a PM.

You sticking around for the Bears game on Sunday?

Are you going to it, or just watching?

I may be going to the game.  if so, let's meet up beforehand, have a beer, and make fun of Eli if he doesn't show.

Sounds good.  I think Teej is going, too.
Hire Jim Essian!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03:41 PM »
Great game for Rose on Saturday. Career-high 32 points and zero turnovers. Am I oversimplifying things if I think we would see more games like this without Vinny the tard in charge?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: December 21, 2009, 09:50:17 PM »
Is it possible to be less significant than losing to the Kings? At home? After leading by 35 in the 3rd quarter?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: December 21, 2009, 11:16:36 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 21, 2009, 09:50:17 PM
Is it possible to be less significant than losing to the Kings? At home? After leading by 35 in the 3rd quarter?

I turned it off and they were up 10 with like 3 minutes left. Christ.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: December 22, 2009, 07:15:41 AM »

The Bulls suck and Vinny's a dumbass.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: December 22, 2009, 07:57:44 AM »

The Chicago Bulls are destroying the stereotype that tall black guys are automatically good at basketball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: December 22, 2009, 08:06:43 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 21, 2009, 11:16:36 PM

I turned it off and they were up 10 with like 3 minutes left. Christ.

I stopped watching at the end of the 3rd quarter.  How in the world could they lose that?  They looked so good (or I guess the Kings looked so bad) for the whole part I watched. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: December 22, 2009, 09:03:39 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 22, 2009, 07:57:44 AM
The Chicago Bulls are destroying the stereotype that tall black guys are automatically good at basketball.

We get it, you're a racist, don't know anything about basketball, and aren't funny.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: December 22, 2009, 09:13:12 AM »
Quote from: Pre on December 22, 2009, 09:03:39 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 22, 2009, 07:57:44 AM

We get it, you're a racist, don't know anything about basketball, and aren't funny.

Just like Vinny Del Negro!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: December 22, 2009, 09:13:38 AM »
Andres Nocioni got a standing ovation last night.  Ben Gordon got booed when he came back to the United Center.

Nothing makes sense.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: December 22, 2009, 09:32:42 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 22, 2009, 09:13:38 AM
Andres Nocioni got a standing ovation last night.  Ben Gordon got booed when he came back to the United Center.

Nothing makes sense.

Looking at my Spanish to English dictionary, Andres Nocioni translates to Mark DeRosa.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 22, 2009, 09:13:38 AM

Nothing makes sense.

It doesn't make sense to smart guys like us, but your typical average Bulls fan sees this:

-Nocioni, who always played hard, was traded away.

-Gordon, who always played hard, turned down a $50 million extension and then left via free agency.

Doesn't make it right, but as a part-time dumb guy, I can see the meatball reasoning.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: December 22, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »
I was at the game - in all fairness, it was a pretty tepid standing ovation, as far as standing ovations go.

And that fourth quarter - that was just incredible.  The Bulls stopped making shots and ran no plays.  Brutal.

The Luvabulls holiday special at halftime was interesting, at least.  So there's that.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: December 22, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
Some impressive roastings here and here.

QuoteIs this loss truly any worse than the string of blowouts on the west coast, or the home loss to the Nets? It will get more attention, but if Vinny wasn't fired then he won't be now. They don't have a plan to handle the coaching, just like the coach doesn't have a plan to keep a lead.  Gar Paxdorf's "process" is just as screwed as Vinny Del Negro's "attack", and we'll be watching the results for the foreseeable future, hoping a star player decides against his best interest to save us from it in the offseason.

QuoteThe most profitable team in the NBA for the last 20+ years has managed to turn in the least-successful run of the last 10 years mainly by refusing to care about the game, proper.

It starts at the top, where the team's owner could clearly give a rip about the basketball side of holdings unless it comes time to work a deal with a highly-paid employee; which allows Jerry Reinsdorf a chance to try and swing things like he used to. Back when he was good at making money by himself.

He isn't, anymore, obviously. He's your typical high school legend that played a bit of A ball before retiring to the BP cages for the rest of his yak-yak life.

And, really, that comp would seem apt if Jerry weren't so pathetically obsessed with pretending that he wouldn't tie every White Sox cleat every morning for 162 games, as opposed to selling the world (not specific chunk of the Chicagoland area, mind, but Bulls-obsessed parts of the WORLD) a load of twaddle along with the promise of another lottery pick (working under, no co-incidence, an economical rookie contract) to keep us stringing for the jones that is a 60-win season.