News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,919 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #825 on: June 28, 2010, 12:20:53 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 11:16:05 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 11:06:26 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:58:29 AM
I've seen/heard it mentioned in multiple places that if they get Lebron, the Bulls would prefer Joe Johnson over Bosh as a running mate. They're not that dumb, are they?

I'm a basketball tard, but if they get Lebron, would it even matter?

Bosh is 3 years younger, better and would get the same max contract as Johnson. Just because you get one great player doesn't mean your next acquisition should be less good on purpose.

No, I get that.  But would Johnson be an easier signing, especially considering anyone they get will barely be noticed if Lebron comes?

Is anyone else pissed that it seems now even the Bulls "get it" more than the Cubs?

I don't think Bosh is worried about playing second fiddle to anyone, considering his two most-discussed destinations are Miami with Wade or the Bulls with Lebron. I think both Bosh and Johnson would prefer to play with a really good player than to be the top dog on a crap team.

Makes sense.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: June 28, 2010, 01:31:24 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 12:20:53 PM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 11:16:05 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 11:10:32 AM
Quote from: Kermit IV on June 28, 2010, 11:06:26 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:58:29 AM
I've seen/heard it mentioned in multiple places that if they get Lebron, the Bulls would prefer Joe Johnson over Bosh as a running mate. They're not that dumb, are they?

I'm a basketball tard, but if they get Lebron, would it even matter?

Bosh is 3 years younger, better and would get the same max contract as Johnson. Just because you get one great player doesn't mean your next acquisition should be less good on purpose.

No, I get that.  But would Johnson be an easier signing, especially considering anyone they get will barely be noticed if Lebron comes?

Is anyone else pissed that it seems now even the Bulls "get it" more than the Cubs?

I don't think Bosh is worried about playing second fiddle to anyone, considering his two most-discussed destinations are Miami with Wade or the Bulls with Lebron. I think both Bosh and Johnson would prefer to play with a really good player than to be the top dog on a crap team.

Makes sense.

Hasn't Bosh spent his whole career in Toronto?  Something tells me he'll get more attention as LeBron's second fiddle in Chicago than he ever did as the top dog on a team that was second fiddle to the Maple Leafs.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: June 28, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »
It's a lock, fellas.

QuoteA source who's provided accurate information to me in the past has told me that LeBron James will agree to terms with the Bulls by July 3rd after meeting with other teams.

How serious to take this?   I'm wondering the same thing myself.   If I thought it was completely dismissible I certainly wouldn't post it just to get ridiculed as an attention whore for years, but the amount of false rumors I've heard (even from good sources) is remarkably high.

So in short, I'm not attempting to stake my claim on this one.  I don't consider myself some great purveyor of inside sources and information by any stretch.  Just passing along something I've heard.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #828 on: June 28, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 28, 2010, 10:05:53 PM
It's a lock, fellas.

QuoteA source who's provided accurate information to me in the past has told me that LeBron James will agree to terms with the Bulls by July 3rd after meeting with other teams.

How serious to take this?   I'm wondering the same thing myself.   If I thought it was completely dismissible I certainly wouldn't post it just to get ridiculed as an attention whore for years, but the amount of false rumors I've heard (even from good sources) is remarkably high.

So in short, I'm not attempting to stake my claim on this one.  I don't consider myself some great purveyor of inside sources and information by any stretch.  Just passing along something I've heard.
He is just as reliable as Screaming A Smith.  Sounds good to me. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: June 29, 2010, 12:53:46 PM »
Chris Broussard's huge scoop has only been 2/3 refuted so far.

QuoteA modified version of the ballyhooed free-agent summit that was initially suggested and then downplayed by Dwyane Wade has indeed taken place, ESPN.com has learned.

Sources close to the situation said Monday night that three of the biggest names in basketball -- Wade, Chris Bosh and LeBron James -- met over the weekend in Miami to seriously discuss their futures, with a focus on the increasingly plausible possibility of those three teaming up with Wade's Heat.

QuoteA source said that LeBron was not in Miami over weekend but was in New York. Could have spoken with Bosh/Wade over phone obviously.

Quote790 The Ticket has learned via Michael Wallace of the Miami Herald that Dwyane Wade was not even in Miami this weekend.

How long before we learn that Bosh was in Hobart all weekend?

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #830 on: June 29, 2010, 01:19:41 PM »
Stephen A. was on Dan Debatard's radio show and he was very very loud and sure that Bosh and LeBron are signing with Miami.  I made fun of him last night, but I am little nervous now. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: June 29, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »
Quote from: air2300 on June 29, 2010, 01:19:41 PM
Stephen A. was on Dan Debatard's radio show and he was very very loud and sure that Bosh and LeBron are signing with Miami.  I made fun of him last night, but I am little nervous now. 

I went through and read his Twitter feed the other day. He's extremely confident in his source.

Regardless, I've never been convinced that Lebron is going to be a Bull so I won't be too crushed if he ends up in Miami with the rest of the league. It would be fun watching the Heat try to win with three great players and nine terrible ones.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: June 29, 2010, 01:32:21 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on June 29, 2010, 01:22:56 PM

I went through and read his Twitter feed the other day. He's extremely confident in his source.

Regardless, I've never been convinced that Lebron is going to be a Bull so I won't be too crushed if he ends up in Miami with the rest of the league. It would be fun watching the Heat try to win with three great players and nine terrible ones.

If this happens, unless you're a Heat fan, how could you not root against them?

As much as I hope this doesn't happen, I would really enjoy hating that team.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: June 29, 2010, 01:48:45 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 29, 2010, 01:32:21 PM

Couldn't the same be said of the Bulls if they get Lebron and Bosh?  That is, if one is not a Bulls fan.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: June 29, 2010, 01:50:53 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2010, 01:48:45 PM

Couldn't the same be said of the Bulls if they get Lebron and Bosh?  That is, if one is not a Bulls fan.

Well, I think the Wade factor pushes the Heat to a next level there, one that Rose doesn't enable.

But yes, I would imagine if the Bulls got Bosh and LeBron that there would be much hatred.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: June 29, 2010, 01:52:38 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 29, 2010, 01:50:53 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on June 29, 2010, 01:48:45 PM

Well, I think the Wade factor pushes the Heat to a next level there, one that Rose doesn't enable.

But yes, I would imagine if the Bulls got Bosh and LeBron that there would be much hatred.

And the red-hot epicenter of said hatred would be Cleveland, OH. The Ghost of Craig Ehlo strikes again!

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: June 30, 2010, 10:35:05 AM »
Bosh to Miami is apparently a done deal via sign and trade. 

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #837 on: June 30, 2010, 11:43:25 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on June 30, 2010, 10:35:05 AM

Dan Lebatard is reporting that Bosh in a sign and trade to Miami for Beasely, Joel Anothony and Mario Chalmers.  It's probably true as he is close with Wade.  This means Miami will have 2 guys under contract for next season in Bosh and Wade.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46:23 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on June 30, 2010, 11:43:25 AM

Dan Lebatard is reporting that Bosh in a sign and trade to Miami for Beasely, Joel Anothony and Mario Chalmers.  It's probably true as he is close with Wade.  This means Miami will have 2 guys under contract for next season in Bosh and Wade.

Joel Anthony isn't under contract with the Heat.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #839 on: June 30, 2010, 11:57:39 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on June 30, 2010, 11:46:23 AM
Quote from: air2300 on June 30, 2010, 11:43:25 AM

Dan Lebatard is reporting that Bosh in a sign and trade to Miami for Beasely, Joel Anthony and Mario Chalmers.  It's probably true as he is close with Wade.  This means Miami will have 2 guys under contract for next season in Bosh and Wade.

Joel Anthony isn't under contract with the Heat.
You are correct.  But that's what he says on his twitter account.

Edit -

The Heat own the right of first refusal with Anthony.  So, as long as he approves the trade, heat can trade him to Toronto.