News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,883 )

Capt. Over

• Jimmy, you ever seen a grown man naked?
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #900 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:00 AM »
Trying to ignore sense of self-awareness and post more often.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: July 07, 2010, 08:15:33 AM »
All right Bulls persons, this morning I flipped on my radio to hear the (seemingly unsubstantiated) rumor that the Bosh and Wade will be in Miami and LeBron is likely to stay in The Cleve.

So what does this mean for the Bulls?  

Is Carlos Boozer worth a max contract (and is he going to get one anyway)?

Will Kyle Korver come with him?

Is JJ Redick's poetry any good?

Edit:

I forgot about David Lee.  Should I continue to do so?  I know he was a 20/10 guy last year, but is that simply the case of somebody having to score the points and get the rebounds on a shitty team?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: July 07, 2010, 08:16:59 AM »
Well, shit.

QuoteDwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

ESPN's Shelley Smith also reported the pending move through independent sources.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

I know Lebron is still in play, but why would he have a one hour doucheathon to announce that he's leaving the Cleve? Seams to me that if he was leaving the announcement would be a lot more low key.

Edited to acknowledge my DOUBLEFACING.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: July 07, 2010, 08:30:58 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2010, 08:16:59 AM
Well, shit.

QuoteDwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are teaming up together on the Miami Heat, according to a person with knowledge of the situation.

ESPN's Shelley Smith also reported the pending move through independent sources.

Whether LeBron James, the kingpin of this summer's celebrated free agent class, will join them remains to be seen. James will announce his decision Thursday night at 9 ET during a one-hour special on ESPN.

I know Lebron is still in play, but why would he have a one hour doucheathon to announce that he's leaving the Cleve? Seams to me that if he was leaving the announcement would be a lot more low key.

There still has to be an outside chance that Bron is coming here.  He has to look around the league and see that to win a championship, he has to be on a solid team.  The Cavs are terrible. 
Hopefully the Bulls can salvage this thing at least and get Boozer.  He's not the right guy, but he's the best guy that's left.  Maybe they can throw a bunch of money at Jesus Shuttlesworth.  He'd help a lot on this team.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: July 07, 2010, 08:40:26 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 08:15:33 AM
All right Bulls persons, this morning I flipped on my radio to hear the (seemingly unsubstantiated) rumor that the Bosh and Wade will be in Miami and LeBron is likely to stay in The Cleve.

Edit:

I forgot about David Lee.  Should I continue to do so?  I know he was a 20/10 guy last year, but is that simply the case of somebody having to score the points and get the rebounds on a shitty team?

- Boozer probably isn't worth a max contract, but he's good and would help the Bulls a lot.  David Lee is probably about as good as Boozer, younger and his max contract would be less money.  I'd rather the Bulls sign him, I think.
- JJ Redick actually isn't terrible.  At basketball, at least.  His poetry does, indeed, suck.
- Kyle Korver.  Meh.

The Bulls will get better this offseason, but it's hard to get too excited about it if they miss on James, Wade or Bosh.  Then again, Wade and Bosh still have no one around them in Miami and if LeBron stays in Cleveland, they're not getting any better.

I guess what I'm saying is let's just see how it all plays out.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 07, 2010, 08:40:26 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 08:15:33 AM

Edit:

- Boozer probably isn't worth a max contract, but he's good and would help the Bulls a lot.  David Lee is probably about as good as Boozer, younger and his max contract would be less money.  I'd rather the Bulls sign him, I think.
- JJ Redick actually isn't terrible.  At basketball, at least.  His poetry does, indeed, suck.
- Kyle Korver.  Meh.

The Bulls will get better this offseason, but it's hard to get too excited about it if they miss on James, Wade or Bosh.  Then again, Wade and Bosh still have no one around them in Miami and if LeBron stays in Cleveland, they're not getting any better.

I guess what I'm saying is let's just see how it all plays out.

You always say that!  I WANT TO JUMP TO A CONCLUSION NOW!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: July 07, 2010, 08:43:56 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 07, 2010, 08:30:58 AM
Well, shit.

There still has to be an outside chance that Bron is coming here.  He has to look around the league and see that to win a championship, he has to be on a solid team.  The Cavs are terrible. 
Hopefully the Bulls can salvage this thing at least and get Boozer.  He's not the right guy, but he's the best guy that's left.  Maybe they can throw a bunch of money at Jesus Shuttlesworth.  He'd help a lot on this team.

No way. LeBron is staying. He's going to let Cleveland shower him with all of their poverty and disease. He wants to stay in Cesspool, OH. That's probably what he should do.

The Bulls didn't really do anything wrong here though so it'd be wrong to say they fucked this up.

That said Boozer gets hurt all the time. He's good when he's not but how often is that? CT raises a great question about David Lee but while he's probably a good enough player, should the Bulls throw all that money at him for all those years just because they can?

I think this is the point where a franchise can dig a deep, deep hole for itself if they spend for the sake of spending. I'd probably be happier if they filled in the roster with veterans who can play and see how far Rose and Noah can take them.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #907 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:23 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 07, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
Well, shit.

No way. LeBron is staying. He's going to let Cleveland shower him with all of their poverty and disease. He wants to stay in Cesspool, OH. That's probably what he should do.

The Bulls didn't really do anything wrong here though so it'd be wrong to say they fucked this up.

That said Boozer gets hurt all the time. He's good when he's not but how often is that? CT raises a great question about David Lee but while he's probably a good enough player, should the Bulls throw all that money at him for all those years just because they can?

I think this is the point where a franchise can dig a deep, deep hole for itself if they spend for the sake of spending. I'd probably be happier if they filled in the roster with veterans who can play and see how far Rose and Noah can take them.
They should add Lee.  Him and Noah would be great to rebound all the missed shots the bulls will have.  With Rose and Noah up for an extention soon, they have to improve or risk losing those guys. 

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:50 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 07, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
Well, shit.

A max contract for Lee would only be 5 years/$60 million, if what I've read is correct. He's great on the pick & roll, has made himself into a pretty good midrange shooter, and he's got HEART and PASSION.

Boozer's got the traditional back to the basket skills that Lee doesn't, though.

Both Lee and Boozer are pretty shitty defenders.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: July 07, 2010, 08:53:04 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 08:43:29 AM

OK FINE!

The Bulls are going to become the Jazz of the Eastern Conference. 50 wins and second-round losses every year.

So, yay?

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:56 AM »
When is Durant going to be available, if ever?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: July 07, 2010, 09:01:22 AM »
Isn't the bigger question this: If the Bulls are playing already to less than full houses (last few games I went to had several thousand no-shows), would signing ANY of these guys generate enough excitement to get people to go to games?

If not, then why bother spending the money?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 07, 2010, 08:53:04 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 07, 2010, 08:43:29 AM

OK FINE!

The Bulls are going to become the Jazz of the Eastern Conference. 50 wins and second-round losses every year.

So, yay?

*nods approvingly*

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: July 07, 2010, 09:03:58 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 07, 2010, 08:58:56 AM
When is Durant going to be available, if ever?

Probably in about six years.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: July 07, 2010, 09:06:18 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 09:01:22 AM
Isn't the bigger question this: If the Bulls are playing already to less than full houses (last few games I went to had several thousand no-shows), would signing ANY of these guys generate enough excitement to get people to go to games?

If not, then why bother spending the money?

What is it with you?  Not only are you wrong, but you and your jewlove of Reinsdorf and holding on to your money like a jew is really starting to jew on my last nerve. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.