News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,791 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #915 on: July 07, 2010, 09:07:20 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 09:01:22 AM
Isn't the bigger question this: If the Bulls are playing already to less than full houses (last few games I went to had several thousand no-shows), would signing ANY of these guys generate enough excitement to get people to go to games?

If not, then why bother spending the money?

I hate your perspective on everything.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #916 on: July 07, 2010, 09:08:38 AM »
Isn't the bigger question this: If the Bulls are playing already to less than full houses (last few games I went to had several thousand no-shows), would signing ANY of these guys generate enough excitement to get people to go to games?

To get better?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #917 on: July 07, 2010, 09:13:23 AM »

I'll take answer C, sign lesser names to max deals and raise ticket prices to pay for them.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #918 on: July 07, 2010, 09:21:15 AM »

Just responding to keep the trend... Why spend money? EVER?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #919 on: July 07, 2010, 09:25:12 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on July 07, 2010, 09:21:15 AM

I don't mind spending the max amount on getting a 14 year old to suck my red pubed cockandnuts.

Seriously?  Keep it in the other threads please.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #920 on: July 07, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on July 07, 2010, 09:08:38 AM

To get better?

Call me crazy, but I think a marginally better Jazz-esque team that gets to the 2nd round of the playoffs or even the conference finals might make Chucksdorf some extra cheddar.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #921 on: July 07, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 07, 2010, 09:06:18 AM

What is it with you?  Not only are you wrong, but you and your jewlove of Reinsdorf and holding on to your money like a jew is really starting to jew on my last nerve. 

I'm wrong?  About what?  The no-shows?  You guys know my interest in the NBA is basically non-existent.  You guys are already "meh" over the scraps that will be left if LBJ stays put.  I even saw, "The Bulls are going to become the Jazz of the Eastern Conference. 50 wins and second-round losses every year."

I put it to you all: 1) Is that good enough to sustain interest in the team; and

2) If the answer to 1 is "No," then why spend?

I don't have the answer, and, since I haven't bought a Bulls ticket since Air Jordan's were only black and red, it's not going to matter to me.  I am curious about your opinions.

Well, the non-jeweylaced opinions.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #922 on: July 07, 2010, 09:31:54 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2010, 09:26:34 AM
Quote from: air2300 on July 07, 2010, 09:08:38 AM

To get better?

Call me crazy, but I think a marginally better Jazz-esque team that gets to the 2nd round of the playoffs or even the conference finals might make Chucksdorf some extra cheddar.

I don't think that's crazy.  That's very possible.

I do think that lack of free agency success in 2010 followed by a lack playoff success in 2011 would be very, very bad for the Bulls for a lot of years to follow.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #923 on: July 07, 2010, 09:47:16 AM »
It's going to be kind of nice to start full-on hating Lebron. Sure I admire his basketball skills, but what kind of asshat refers to himself as King James and has a one-hour TV special to announce a goddamn free agency decision? I never liked you anyway, you big jerk!

I reserve the right to retract these statements if Lebron picks the Bulls.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #924 on: July 07, 2010, 10:13:30 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 07, 2010, 09:47:16 AM
It's going to be kind of nice to start full-on hating Lebron. Sure I admire his basketball skills, but what kind of asshat refers to himself as King James and has a one-hour TV special to announce a goddamn free agency decision? I never liked you anyway, you big jerk!

I reserve the right to retract these statements if Lebron picks the Bulls.

All of this, especially the small font.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #925 on: July 07, 2010, 11:39:51 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on July 07, 2010, 09:29:46 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 07, 2010, 09:06:18 AM

What is it with you?  Not only are you wrong, but you and your jewlove of Reinsdorf and holding on to your money like a jew is really starting to jew on my last nerve. 

I'm wrong?  About what?  The no-shows?  You guys know my interest in the NBA is basically non-existent.  You guys are already "meh" over the scraps that will be left if LBJ stays put.  I even saw, "The Bulls are going to become the Jazz of the Eastern Conference. 50 wins and second-round losses every year."

I put it to you all: 1) Is that good enough to sustain interest in the team; and

2) If the answer to 1 is "No," then why spend?

I don't have the answer, and, since I haven't bought a Bulls ticket since Air Jordan's were only black and red, it's not going to matter to me.  I am curious about your opinions.

Well, the non-jeweylaced opinions.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bullstopnbaattendance_091028.html

http://www.databasebasketball.com/teams/teamatt.htm?tm=Chi&lg=N

Reinsdorf doesn't have to spend to draw more people to the games.  People went to the games to watch Marcus Fizer and Eddie Robinson, I am sure they will continue to show up to watch Rose.  Interest in the team is not the problem. 

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #926 on: July 07, 2010, 11:40:19 AM »
It's official, wade and bosh to miami.

"Chris Bosh and Dywane Wade said on ESPN Wednesday that they've both agreed to play for the Heat next season.
This news broke earlier in the day, but now becomes a certainty. Both players said they won't change their minds, and will now wait, along with the rest of us, for LeBron's decision tomorrow night. Jul. 7 - 12:35 pm et"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #927 on: July 07, 2010, 11:54:13 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 07, 2010, 11:40:19 AM
It's official, wade and bosh to miami.

"Chris Bosh and Dywane Wade said on ESPN Wednesday that they've both agreed to play for the Heat next season.
This news broke earlier in the day, but now becomes a certainty. Both players said they won't change their minds, and will now wait, along with the rest of us, for LeBron's decision tomorrow night. Jul. 7 - 12:35 pm et"

No Rotoworld credit? Or related items?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #928 on: July 07, 2010, 01:16:43 PM »
This thread title is one of my favorite things in sports.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #929 on: July 07, 2010, 01:39:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 07, 2010, 01:16:43 PM
This thread title is one of my favorite things in sports.

Are you going to start watching the NBA when LeBron is playing for the Knicks?