News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,921 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1005 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:10 PM »
I'm glad I skipped the special. Hopefully their three men and a ton of question marks roster will get knocked out in the opening rounds.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1006 on: July 08, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »
The important thing we should all take away from this is that Gil was wrong.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1007 on: July 08, 2010, 09:04:50 PM »
No, the important thing is that the title of this thread doesn't have to change.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1008 on: July 08, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
No, the important part is the Gil thing.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1009 on: July 08, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »
Front page of the Cleveland Plain Dealer right now:

Good for them for moving on so quickly.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1010 on: July 08, 2010, 09:26:44 PM »
"Want the latest Cleveland news?"
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1011 on: July 08, 2010, 09:37:28 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 08:38:45 PM
So the most talented player in the world is going to be Robin to Wade's Batman. What a pussy.

Jesus Christ. Dwyane Wade is not better than LeBron James. I don't care how fucking asshurt you are right now you can't say this. You think it's Wade's team? Like LeBron won't be the one handling the rock and distributing like a giant, death-defying Magic Johnson on roids? That the media won't slob his dong from day one proclaim him the best player ever in any sport by the all-star break? This is the NBA folks. Nobody thought the Celts had a shot when they got three dudes of nowhere near the value of the total Miami has. And they won. The thing's fucking rigged anyway. 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1012 on: July 08, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:37:28 PM
So the most talented player in the world is going to be Robin to Wade's Batman. What a pussy.

If you put down the Preparation H for just a second you'll realize that when they play right next to each other, LeBron will get to distribute the ball to some real live basketball players with all-star credentials and still average 25 points per game. He's more Magic Johnson than M. Ghey. He'll do things you never thought possible unless Carlos Boozer can stop him. I think not. 

Bah, none of those guys dive on the floor for the ball.  Shit, they don't even have flattops.  The Chinese can keep them.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1013 on: July 08, 2010, 09:45:09 PM »
Quote from: CT III on July 08, 2010, 09:42:09 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:37:28 PM

If you put down the Preparation H for just a second you'll realize that when they play right next to each other, LeBron will get to distribute the ball to some real live basketball players with all-star credentials and still average 25 points per game. He's more Magic Johnson than M. Ghey. He'll do things you never thought possible unless Carlos Boozer can stop him. I think not. 

Bah, none of those guys dive on the floor for the ball.  Shit, they don't even have flattops.  The Chinese can keep them.

THI

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1014 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM »
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet or if I should keep plugging away at it. None of you are invited.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1015 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:25 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet or if I should keep plugging away at it. None of you are invited.

That's cool, I won't watch that one either.

It's time the Bulls traded for Carmelo. SPEND THAT CAP MONEY NOW DAMMIT. WE FANS DEMAND SOMETHING VISIBLE OR DOOOOOM

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1016 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM »
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet

Multiple sources say you're not.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1017 on: July 08, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet

I just got independent confirmation from Slezak.

Back to basketball, Bill Simmons actually got it right today (annoying Bachelor references notwithstanding). I agree with most of this. But particularly this:

QuoteI think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

The worst part of all of this is that Screamin A Smif was right all along.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1018 on: July 08, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 08, 2010, 08:56:59 PM
The important thing we should all take away from this is that Gil was wrong.

I was bullied into taking that position.  Bullied, I tells ya.

TWEET THAT!!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1019 on: July 08, 2010, 10:07:23 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM

I just got independent confirmation from Slezak.

Back to basketball, Bill Simmons actually got it right today (annoying Bachelor references notwithstanding). I agree with most of this. But particularly this:

QuoteI think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

The worst part of all of this is that Screamin A Smif was right all along.

All of THAT.  Jordan wanted to be the best.  LeBron wants to grow his brand and be a businessman; a championship is a means to an end.