News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,803 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1020 on: July 08, 2010, 10:09:29 PM »
Well, at least somebody signed with Cleveland tonight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100709_browns_sign_bobby_engram

Let the healing begin.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1021 on: July 08, 2010, 10:10:30 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:37:28 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 08:38:45 PM
So the most talented player in the world is going to be Robin to Wade's Batman. What a pussy.

Jesus Christ. Dwyane Wade is not better than LeBron James. I don't care how fucking asshurt you are right now you can't say this. You think it's Wade's team? Like LeBron won't be the one handling the rock and distributing like a giant, death-defying Magic Johnson on roids? That the media won't slob his dong from day one proclaim him the best player ever in any sport by the all-star break? This is the NBA folks. Nobody thought the Celts had a shot when they got three dudes of nowhere near the value of the total Miami has. And they won. The thing's fucking rigged anyway. 

I'm not asshurt. Sure I'd love to see him on the Bulls, but if I was him I would have stayed in Cleveland. Of course he's better than Wade, and it won't stay Wade's team...but it won't totally be LeBron's either. I guess I thought more of LeBron is all. He might get a few rings now, but there will always be a "yeah but" about his legacy. I thought he wanted to be one of the all time greats, but all time greats don't bandwagon with other superstars just because they can't cut it themselves in the playoffs.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1022 on: July 08, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 10:10:30 PM
So the most talented player in the world is going to be Robin to Wade's Batman. What a pussy.

Jesus Christ. Dwyane Wade is not better than LeBron James. I don't care how fucking asshurt you are right now you can't say this. You think it's Wade's team? Like LeBron won't be the one handling the rock and distributing like a giant, death-defying Magic Johnson on roids? That the media won't slob his dong from day one proclaim him the best player ever in any sport by the all-star break? This is the NBA folks. Nobody thought the Celts had a shot when they got three dudes of nowhere near the value of the total Miami has. And they won. The thing's fucking rigged anyway. 

I'm not asshurt. Sure I'd love to see him on the Bulls, but if I was him I would have stayed in Cleveland. Of course he's better than Wade, and it won't stay Wade's team...but it won't totally be LeBron's either. I guess I thought more of LeBron is all. He might get a few rings now, but there will always be a "yeah but" about his legacy. I thought he wanted to be one of the all time greats, but all time greats don't bandwagon with other superstars just because they can't cut it themselves in the playoffs.

Easy there, big fella.  I know you're upset, but let's not talk crazy.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1023 on: July 08, 2010, 10:14:59 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 10:10:30 PM

Of course he's better than Wade, and it won't stay Wade's team...but it won't totally be LeBron's either.

I think Dwyane still thinks this is his team (and he has a pretty good case, considering he won a championship there):

QuoteDWYANE WADE:
“I am thrilled to welcome LeBron James to the HEAT family. I look forward to playing alongside LeBron, Chris Bosh and our teammates, and together representing the great city of Miami. There's magic in the number 3. This is the beginning of new chapter in HEAT history and very exciting for both fans of the Miami HEAT and the NBA.”

Also please note: the proper spelling is HEAT.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1024 on: July 08, 2010, 10:16:13 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet

Multiple sources say you're not.

I just got independent confirmation from Slezak.

Back to basketball, Bill Simmons actually got it right today (annoying Bachelor references notwithstanding). I agree with most of this. But particularly this:

QuoteI think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

The worst part of all of this is that Screamin A Smif was right all along.

THIS. It was a cop-out, pussy move. McHale was just asked on the NBA network if Bird would have wanted to play with Magic. He said he thought Bird would rather beat Magic.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1025 on: July 08, 2010, 10:21:01 PM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 10:16:13 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet

Multiple sources say you're not.

I just got independent confirmation from Slezak.

Back to basketball, Bill Simmons actually got it right today (annoying Bachelor references notwithstanding). I agree with most of this. But particularly this:

QuoteI think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

The worst part of all of this is that Screamin A Smif was right all along.

THIS. It was a cop-out, pussy move. McHale was just asked on the NBA network if Bird would have wanted to play with Magic. He said he thought Bird would rather beat Magic.

Eh, it'll just be that much sweeter when Kobe rapes beats them in the Finals.

Christ, it just occured to me that if it wasn't for my family and the Blackhawks, the only joy left in my life would be schadenfraude.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1026 on: July 08, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »
So, the Cavs' owner is kind of upset, eh?

QuoteDear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Holy shit.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1027 on: July 08, 2010, 10:27:31 PM »
CLEVELAND WANTS BLOOD
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1028 on: July 08, 2010, 10:29:26 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 03:04:10 PM
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 02:33:13 PM
Lebron joining Wade and Bosh in Miami would be the NBA equivalent of Hulk's nWo. I expect him to announce he's leaving Cleveland with Voodoo Child playing in the background.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1029 on: July 08, 2010, 10:32:14 PM »
Would this be a bad time to point out that the nWo almost always won?

The only thing that can save Cleveland is a humongous Jewish man who will run off a streak of 200 straight victories to lead them to a title.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1030 on: July 08, 2010, 10:57:49 PM »
I guess the big question is...between Wade, Bosh and Riley, who's the first to bang LeBron's mom?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #1031 on: July 08, 2010, 10:59:12 PM »
So when will Dan Gilbert set-up the press conference with Delonte West?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1032 on: July 08, 2010, 11:38:36 PM »
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 10:24:13 PM

QuoteDear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

Holy shit.

How about just calling him a dingbat for turning down an extra 30 mildo and another contract in 3 years?

Seems he would have been better off sleeping on it before sending that.  Such are the times we live in, I guess.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1033 on: July 09, 2010, 04:17:57 AM »

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Holy shit.

Lost in Eli's translation is that this was sent out in Comic Sans font.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1034 on: July 09, 2010, 07:45:13 AM »

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Holy shit.

More from the owner

QuoteGilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Holy shit indeed.