News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,915 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1035 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:04 AM »

Ilya Kovalchuk, time to schedule your show.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1036 on: July 09, 2010, 07:56:37 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on July 09, 2010, 07:45:13 AM
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 10:24:13 PM
So, the Cavs' owner is kind of upset, eh?

QuoteDear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Holy shit.

More from the owner

QuoteGilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons.

Gilbert also said he believes James quit on the Cavs in Game 6 of their series in 2009 against Orlando.

"Go back and look at the tape," he said. "How many shots did he take?"

Holy shit indeed.

Lebron's response should be, "I was distracted. Delonte West was f'ng my mom."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1037 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
I have to say, this part intrigues me:

QuoteThere is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

I'm hoping this means that Gilbert's going to dish the dirt on LeBron, his crew and his mom.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1038 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:45 AM »
Quote from: CT III on July 09, 2010, 08:29:59 AM

QuoteThere is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

I'm hoping this means that Gilbert's going to dish the dirt on LeBron, his crew and his mom.

Gilbert made a fortune off Lebron, not sure what he thinks he's going to prove by trashing him through the media.
Plus it's a bad business move, what free agent star would want to play for an owner like that.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1039 on: July 09, 2010, 08:50:46 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2010, 08:44:45 AM
Quote from: CT III on July 09, 2010, 08:29:59 AM

Gilbert made a fortune off Lebron, not sure what he thinks he's going to prove by trashing him through the media.
Plus it's a bad business move, what free agent star would want to play for an owner like that.

Not to mention that Gilbert pretty much enabled all of the douchey behavior he's bringing up. Don't get me wrong - this is really entertaining. But Gilbert's a pudwhack too.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1040 on: July 09, 2010, 09:01:36 AM »
Hold on a minute.

Can we go back and talk more about how wrong Gil was?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1041 on: July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2010, 10:16:13 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 08, 2010, 10:03:03 PM
Quote from: Eli on July 08, 2010, 09:54:40 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 08, 2010, 09:50:17 PM
By the way, I'm hosting an hour-long special in my home office this evening wherein I shall announce whether or not I'm the winner of this thread yet

Multiple sources say you're not.

I just got independent confirmation from Slezak.

Back to basketball, Bill Simmons actually got it right today (annoying Bachelor references notwithstanding). I agree with most of this. But particularly this:

QuoteI think it's a cop-out. Any super-competitive person would rather beat Dwyane Wade than play with him. Don't you want to find the Ali to your Frazier and have that rival pull the greatness out of you? That's why I'm holding out hope that LeBron signs with New York or Chicago (or stays in Cleveland), because he'd be saying, "Fine. Kobe, Dwight and Melo all have their teams. Wade and Bosh have their team. The Celtics are still there. Durant's team is coming. I'm gonna go out and build MY team, and I'm kicking all their asses." That's what Jordan would have done. Hell, that's what Kobe would have done.

In May, after the Cavs were ousted in the conference semifinals, I wrote that LeBron was facing one of the greatest sports decisions ever: "winning (Chicago), loyalty (Cleveland) or a chance at immortality (New York)."

I never thought he would pick "HELP!"

The worst part of all of this is that Screamin A Smif was right all along.

THIS. It was a cop-out, pussy move. McHale was just asked on the NBA network if Bird would have wanted to play with Magic. He said he thought Bird would rather beat Magic.
But he was such a big pussy he needed McHale and Parrish to get the jorb done. And Fuck Oscar Robertson for joining forces with Kareem. And by the way fuck Magic for needing both Kareem AND James Worthy to take those crowns. You guys need to quit with this horseshit about needing to be THE guy on a team to legitimize a legacy or some shit. Thank God it's not REALLY about that. It's about playing great basketball and it's about winning titles. Period. I know that doesn't make good talk radio or Slezak fodder but it makes the game more enjoyable when there are multiple good players on the court playing as a team and passing the ball to one another a whole assload. Not Bo Ryan swing offense but in this case, the best passer in a generation handling the rock with another superstar and a legit big man. Boner. Time.

Fuck what anyone else thinks about the way it happened. Fuck Bill Simmons and his opinions on anything ever too. Why anybody reads that sack of anal douche is beyond me. Let alone quote him. My fucking goodness gracious.

This whole My ball, My Team, MY Rings MY era. That's why the NBA has sucked ass since Jordan retired the second time. Because everybody's trying to match what he did. And fuck anybody buying into that horseshit mindset of "clear-out let the big boy go to work, WOW! Jog back."

It will always offend my basketball sensibilities to see that. Go Heat.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1042 on: July 09, 2010, 09:12:35 AM »
"Sources have indicated James was afraid of the bright lights of New York and didn't want the intense scrutiny of the tabloids— with Mike D'Antoni alluding to James not being up for the challenge, during Amar'e Stoudemire's news conference."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/james_runs_and_hides_with_riley_fbFCBE8IB7sKQuY3QLwCLI#ixzz0tC7CULGW

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1043 on: July 09, 2010, 09:14:23 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2010, 09:12:35 AM
"Sources have indicated James was afraid of the bright lights of New York and didn't want the intense scrutiny of the tabloids— with Mike D'Antoni alluding to James not being up for the challenge, during Amar'e Stoudemire's news conference."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/james_runs_and_hides_with_riley_fbFCBE8IB7sKQuY3QLwCLI#ixzz0tC7CULGW

Yeah, he seemed terrified of the media crush during his one-hour special on ESPN last night. Cue Mark McGwire "caged animal" talk.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1044 on: July 09, 2010, 09:21:45 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 AMFuck what anyone else thinks about the way it happened.

Does that mean I can skip everything you just said? You're expending a lot of finger energy writing about a sport you don't watch anymore.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1045 on: July 09, 2010, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 09, 2010, 09:21:45 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 AMFuck what anyone else thinks about the way it happened.

Does that mean I can skip everything you just said? You're expending a lot of finger energy writing about a sport you don't watch anymore.

The NBA isn't black enough for Apex anymore.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1046 on: July 09, 2010, 09:26:57 AM »

I'll bet my finger that I watch more than you do. And yes, fuck whatever I think about something.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1047 on: July 09, 2010, 09:27:35 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2010, 09:26:00 AM

The NBA isn't black enough for Apex anymore.

Laughed.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1048 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:51 AM »
TEEPEEDEE

In all fairness too, I like the Boozer signing and I've always liked his game. He'll help the Bulls on both ends and that's fucking terrific. If they can get a shooter or two for Rose to dish to and play defense the way their coach wants them to, they'll be fung to watch. All they'd need is one single solitary player I give a shit about and I'll hop on that bandwagon for an enchanting hayride through the forest and let shit jump out at me while all the kids and bitches scream. We can cuddle.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1049 on: July 09, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 AM
That's why the NBA has sucked ass since Jordan retired the second time. Because everybody's trying to match what he did.

That's what has always been intriguing to me about LeBron.....could he live up to he hype and match MJ? I'm disappointed he gave up on that at age 25 because he lost a few times. But go ahead and appreciate the team basketball that will be played in South Beach now. Maybe they'll even run the Princeton offense. That would be neat.