News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,916 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1050 on: July 09, 2010, 09:51:35 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 09, 2010, 09:46:28 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2010, 09:04:51 AM
That's why the NBA has sucked ass since Jordan retired the second time. Because everybody's trying to match what he did.

That's what has always been intriguing to me about LeBron.....could he live up to he hype and match MJ? I'm disappointed he gave up on that at age 25 because he lost a few times. But go ahead and appreciate the team basketball that will be played in South Beach now. Maybe they'll even run the Princeton offense. That would be neat.

Gil predicted LeBron is bringing back the set shot.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1051 on: July 09, 2010, 09:54:40 AM »
That's why the NBA has sucked ass since Jordan retired the second time. Because everybody's trying to match what he did.

That's what has always been intriguing to me about LeBron.....could he live up to he hype and match MJ? I'm disappointed he gave up on that at age 25 because he lost a few times. But go ahead and appreciate the team basketball that will be played in South Beach now. Maybe they'll even run the Princeton offense. That would be neat.

You should hate David Stern for doing this to your brain. I should hate you for enjoying it. But I don't because you have a sweet beard (pause). And forget Princeton, I was thinking Showtime-Lakers with more nuts on eyebrows peppered in.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1052 on: July 09, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
Quote from: Fork on July 09, 2010, 09:51:35 AM

I predict I am out of the predicting business for sometime.

TWEET THAT, TEC!!
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1053 on: July 09, 2010, 10:11:47 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 09, 2010, 09:58:10 AM
Quote from: Fork on July 09, 2010, 09:51:35 AM

I predict I am out of the predicting business for sometime.

TWEET THAT, TEC!!

Paul the octopus says otherwise.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1054 on: July 09, 2010, 10:42:03 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on July 08, 2010, 06:49:49 AM
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on July 08, 2010, 05:20:20 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5363055
Early speculation of The Decision.  I really don't get why he'd go to the Heat.  I mean, I do b/c they'd be retardedly good, but at the same time, even if they won the next 8 championships in a row, it'd only b/c they formed their own all star team.  That seems to really lessen everything.  Who cares that they'll win 77 games next season, they should win them all.

South Beach is sort of nice if you're a young multi-millionaire basketball player who has discovered pussy and beer.

I thought of this post last night when LeBron announced he was going to "South Beach" (interesting choice of words).  Dude is a 25-year-old who sees this as a way to win championships and party like a rock star while doing so.  Jimmy Buffett must be dancing in his grave.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1055 on: July 09, 2010, 10:51:01 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 09, 2010, 10:42:03 AM
Early speculation of The Decision.  I really don't get why he'd go to the Heat.  I mean, I do b/c they'd be retardedly good, but at the same time, even if they won the next 8 championships in a row, it'd only b/c they formed their own all star team.  That seems to really lessen everything.  Who cares that they'll win 77 games next season, they should win them all.

South Beach is sort of nice if you're a young multi-millionaire basketball player who has discovered pussy and beer.

I thought of this post last night when LeBron announced he was going to "South Beach" (interesting choice of words).  Dude is a 25-year-old who sees this as a way to win championships and party like a rock star while doing so.  Jimmy Buffett must be dancing in his grave.

Huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1056 on: July 09, 2010, 10:54:02 AM »
I think Anthony Morrow or Ronnie Brewer would be good pickups (or, hell, why not both?)

Kyle Korver?  I'm not quite as jazzed about him.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1057 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:56 AM »
I like Brewer. Plays great d. Go get him. They've got 18 mildo or so to spend and can make a really nice rotation with it.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1058 on: July 09, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2010, 10:51:01 AM

Huh?

Bad attempt at humor coupled with my hatred of Jimmy Buffett.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1059 on: July 09, 2010, 11:27:20 AM »
My sources still say Gil was wrong.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1060 on: July 09, 2010, 11:29:28 AM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on July 09, 2010, 11:02:45 AM
Quote from: BH on July 09, 2010, 10:51:01 AM

Huh?

Bad attempt at humor coupled with my hatred of Jimmy Buffett.

We can only hope for these things, Dole. I laughed btw.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1061 on: July 09, 2010, 11:42:40 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on July 09, 2010, 11:27:20 AM
My sources still say Gil was wrong.

You could have TWEETED THAT 15 hours ago.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1062 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:39 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 09, 2010, 09:54:40 AM

You should hate David Stern for doing this to your brain. I should hate you for enjoying it. But I don't because you have a sweet beard (pause). And forget Princeton, I was thinking Showtime-Lakers with more nuts on eyebrows peppered in.

This line alone more than makes up for your earlier trolling.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1063 on: July 09, 2010, 12:20:58 PM »

Woj mentioned this as well in his latest.

Quote"I'm taking my talents to South Beach," James said, and it was like time stopped because – even for him – this was a moment so devoid of reality and free of concern of consequences. South Beach? He wasn't picking a basketball team as much as a party. He's 25 years old, and yet somehow this felt like a cloistered teenager picking a party school for college.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1064 on: July 09, 2010, 12:22:52 PM »
Quote from: R-V on July 09, 2010, 12:20:58 PM

Woj mentioned this as well in his latest.

Quote"I'm taking my talents to South Beach," James said, and it was like time stopped because – even for him – this was a moment so devoid of reality and free of concern of consequences. South Beach? He wasn't picking a basketball team as much as a party. He's 25 years old, and yet somehow this felt like a cloistered teenager picking a party school for college.

That column was excellent.