News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,799 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1080 on: July 10, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 10, 2010, 08:35:15 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2010, 03:40:12 AM
The Bulls might be doin a lot of kickin' out this year.

Indeed. It's no doubt disappointing to not wind up with LeBron, but I think they're going to wind up with lots of depth next year.  Obviously Redick can shoot, but I don't think a lot of people realize that he's also a solid defender.  Even Kelly Dwyer likes him (uh, I think).

As of now, the rotation looks like:

Rose
Redick
Deng
Boozer
Noah
Gibson
Korver
Karate Johnson
The Turk

That's a quality top seven, and I still think Johnson will turn into a useful bench guy.  They still need a backup point guard for Rose and hopefully another wing defender (still like Brewer there), specifically to try and handle Wade and LeBron.

I'd love to get Brewer. Have you heard anything? I realize it's essentially like poaching the entire Jazz roster but the Jazz don't suck.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1081 on: July 10, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 10, 2010, 09:08:36 AM

Indeed. It's no doubt disappointing to not wind up with LeBron, but I think they're going to wind up with lots of depth next year.  Obviously Redick can shoot, but I don't think a lot of people realize that he's also a solid defender.  Even Kelly Dwyer likes him (uh, I think).

Rose
Redick
Deng
Boozer
Noah
Gibson
Korver
Karate Johnson
The Turk

That's a quality top seven, and I still think Johnson will turn into a useful bench guy.  They still need a backup point guard for Rose and hopefully another wing defender (still like Brewer there), specifically to try and handle Wade and LeBron.

I'd love to get Brewer. Have you heard anything? I realize it's essentially like poaching the entire Jazz roster but the Jazz don't suck.

Livingston or Fisher are the rumors, though I assume Fisher is either LA-kept or Miami-bound.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #1082 on: July 10, 2010, 02:25:04 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 10, 2010, 02:03:11 PM

Rose
Redick
Deng
Boozer
Noah
Gibson
Korver
Karate Johnson
The Turk

Livingston or Fisher are the rumors, though I assume Fisher is either LA-kept or Miami-bound.
Let's hope so.  He was one of the of the worst starters in the regular season last year.  He would be even worse outside the triangle offense. 

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: July 10, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 10, 2010, 02:03:11 PM

Rose
Redick
Deng
Boozer
Noah
Gibson
Korver
Karate Johnson
The Turk

Randy Livingston?  I'm still waiting for him to make good on all that promise he showed in high school.  Sure, he had stretches at LSU, but he wasn't the difference-maker all the mags made him out to be.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1084 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:34 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArVoYHUlCr11JwtKZQIhmAM5nYcB?slug=ap-bringingdownlebron

QuoteFathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: July 10, 2010, 11:59:37 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on July 10, 2010, 07:16:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ArVoYHUlCr11JwtKZQIhmAM5nYcB?slug=ap-bringingdownlebron

QuoteFathead.com, an online retailer owned by Cavs owner Dan Gilbert dropped the price of its LeBron Fathead wall decals from $99.99 to $17.41, which happens to be the same year Revolutionary War traitor Benedict Arnold was born.

That has to sting, because I'm sure Lebron has no idea who that is.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: July 11, 2010, 06:01:14 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 10, 2010, 11:59:37 PM

What year did Arnold find out that George Washington was drilling his mom?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1087 on: July 11, 2010, 06:11:14 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 11, 2010, 06:01:14 PM

What year did Arnold find out that George Washington General Horatio Gates was drilling his mom?

Probably a better analogy'd.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: July 11, 2010, 06:16:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 11, 2010, 06:11:14 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 11, 2010, 06:01:14 PM

What year did Arnold find out that George Washington General Horatio Gates was drilling his mom?

Probably a better analogy'd.

Thanks.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: July 12, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »
The Redick era may be nearing...

Adrian Woj twats.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1090 on: July 13, 2010, 11:32:53 AM »
Haslem re-signs with NBAY2K video game Heat team

QuoteHaslem said Monday he turned down more lucrative offers to sign a five-year contract with the Heat. The deal is worth in excess of $20 million.

``It was an opportunity to win, an opportunity to be close to my mother, with her illness, and an opportunity to be a part of something special,'' he said. ``I've never been in this for the money. I would be changing my DNA if I changed just for money.''

QuoteHaslem, who averaged 9.9 points and 8.1 rebounds last season, said there were times he thought the Heat would not be able to afford him. ``I would be lying if we always said it would work out this way,'' he said. But the Heat recently increased its offer and ``the money is now more reasonable,'' he said.

"Now that the Heat came up with enough money, this wasn't about the money."

Quote``I couldn't believe it. It didn't seem real. It seemed like something out of a TV show, a video game. This would be something like my son would put together in a video game, NBAY2K.''
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: July 13, 2010, 11:33:21 AM »
Redick is still a ponce, but he's turning into a pretty good pro.  He can obviously shoot, and he's a decent passer and a willing, if not particularly athletic defender.  He's a much better player than Kyle Korver, and I liked the Korver signing.

I'd say it's still even money that Orlando will keep Redick.  They're trying to trade Marcin Gortat to cut down on how much luxury tax they would have to pay, they'd trade Brandon Bass, too, good luck with accomplishing either.

KC seems to think the Bulls castoffs most likely to come back are Brad Miller, Flip Murray and Acie Law.  Flip's a nice bench piece, as long as the coach (unlike Vinny) knows that Flip will shoot every time he has the ball, so you need to take him out of the game when you don't want him to shoot.  Acie should be a solid backup 1, though he hasn't been to this point, and Miller is a less handsome version of Mehmet Okur and Okur and the Booz worked well together in Mormonton.  

The fucking Heat are going to be a beast, but the Bulls should be one of the four best teams in the East next year, and if Paxson and Gar keep the roster flexible until they have to lock Derrick and Joakim up to extensions, you'd be surprised what kinds of opportunities to trade for that one needed difference maker crop up every year.  Garnett and Pau are the two most recent examples.  The Bulls have one bad contract left (Luol) and you can deal with one, a second one limits your options.  (Cough, cough, Ben Wallace, Larry Hughes, cough, cough).

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: July 13, 2010, 11:45:25 AM »
I'm hoping Miller comes back so the Bulls have someone for Rajon Rondo to punch in the face.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: July 13, 2010, 12:08:47 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:45:25 AM
I'm hoping Miller comes back so the Bulls have someone for Rajon Rondo to punch in the face I give a flying fuck about.

Hard hat'd.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: July 13, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:45:25 AM
I'm hoping Miller comes back so the Bulls have someone for Rajon Rondo to punch Rajon Rondo in the face.

Reorder'd.