News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,880 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1095 on: July 13, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:45:25 AM
I'm hoping Miller comes back so the Bulls have someone for Rajon Rondo to punch in the face I give a flying fuck about.

Hard hat'd.

Boiler Up, Foreskin, Indiana.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1096 on: July 13, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 02:24:24 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 13, 2010, 12:08:47 PM
Quote from: Slaky on July 13, 2010, 11:45:25 AM
I'm hoping Miller comes back so the Bulls have someone for Rajon Rondo to punch in the face I give a flying fuck about.

Hard hat'd.

Boiler Up, Foreskin, Indiana.

Pound your chest, Slap the floor
We are the Skins, we'll give you what for!
FORESKIN FORESKIN RAH RAH RAH
Kick em in the dick tip Ziss Boom Bah!

Ah... memoreies.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1097 on: July 13, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »
Quote from: Andy on July 13, 2010, 11:33:21 AM
Redick is still a ponce, but he's turning into a pretty good pro.  He can obviously shoot, and he's a decent passer and a willing, if not particularly athletic defender.  He's a much better player than Kyle Korver, and I liked the Korver signing.

I'd say it's still even money that Orlando will keep Redick.  They're trying to trade Marcin Gortat to cut down on how much luxury tax they would have to pay, they'd trade Brandon Bass, too, good luck with accomplishing either.

KC seems to think the Bulls castoffs most likely to come back are Brad Miller, Flip Murray and Acie Law.  Flip's a nice bench piece, as long as the coach (unlike Vinny) knows that Flip will shoot every time he has the ball, so you need to take him out of the game when you don't want him to shoot.  Acie should be a solid backup 1, though he hasn't been to this point, and Miller is a less handsome version of Mehmet Okur and Okur and the Booz worked well together in Mormonton.  

The fucking Heat are going to be a beast, but the Bulls should be one of the four best teams in the East next year, and if Paxson and Gar keep the roster flexible until they have to lock Derrick and Joakim up to extensions, you'd be surprised what kinds of opportunities to trade for that one needed difference maker crop up every year.  Garnett and Pau are the two most recent examples.  The Bulls have one bad contract left (Luol) and you can deal with one, a second one limits your options.  (Cough, cough, Ben Wallace, Larry Hughes, cough, cough).

So you pre-ordered your Bulls Arenas jersey already?

Not that Ilgauskas is a huge difference maker, but that whole argument people were making that the Heat wouldn't be able to fill out a roster around the big 3 is looking pretty flimsy right now, with Haslem, Miller and Ilgauskas on board.

Still, the Bulls have a much brighter future than the Cubs, and they've handled this offseason about as well as possible, knowing that Bosh, James and Wade were probably never really an option and Amare and Joe Johnson are way overpaid.

"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1098 on: July 14, 2010, 08:29:20 AM »
Bulls signed a 7 ft turk.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1099 on: July 14, 2010, 09:48:40 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 13, 2010, 05:54:07 PM

Not that Ilgauskas is a huge difference maker, but that whole argument people were making that the Heat wouldn't be able to fill out a roster around the big 3 is looking pretty flimsy right now, with Haslem, Miller and Ilgauskas on board.

Shhhhh.... You're not supposed to say stuff like that. You'll be labeled a troll and your dick will fall off.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1100 on: July 14, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 14, 2010, 09:48:40 AM

Shhhhh.... You're not supposed to say stuff like that. You'll be labeled a troll and your dick will fall off.

Sorry about that dick thing.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1101 on: July 14, 2010, 12:48:46 PM »
Quote from: MAD on July 14, 2010, 12:02:42 PM

Can I have it back when you're done with it?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1102 on: July 14, 2010, 12:53:37 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 14, 2010, 12:48:46 PM
Quote from: MAD on July 14, 2010, 12:02:42 PM

Can I have it back when you're done with it?

But is it as hot as Ke$ha?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #1103 on: July 14, 2010, 09:57:01 PM »
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-0715-bulls-chicago--20100714,0,5243853.story

If Rose starts making three pointers, it is going to be a fun season. 

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1104 on: July 17, 2010, 10:30:07 PM »
Really, really good article by Adrian Woj on the entire LeBron saga. A bit long, but well worth the read.

A few tidbits...

Before the Cavaliers ever reached out to him, Izzo turned down a less lucrative offer to coach the Chicago Bulls.

For everything the Bulls tried to sell – from owner Jerry Reinsdorf to GM Gar Forman to coach Tom Thibodeau – there had been one thing that troubled James' about the Bulls pitch: Derrick Rose never called and tried to recruit him.
Chicago officials never directly requested Rose to reach out with a call, and the young point guard felt James could've always reached out to him had he wanted to discuss the possibility of playing together. James needed to be courted, needed to be wooed and apparently it surprised him there was a star who wasn't falling over himself to do that.

Overall, the article doesn't paint LeBron in a very good light, particularly at the beginning.

Go Bulls.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1105 on: July 17, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 17, 2010, 10:30:07 PM
Really, really good article by Adrian Woj on the entire LeBron saga. A bit long, but well worth the read.

A few tidbits...

Before the Cavaliers ever reached out to him, Izzo turned down a less lucrative offer to coach the Chicago Bulls.

For everything the Bulls tried to sell – from owner Jerry Reinsdorf to GM Gar Forman to coach Tom Thibodeau – there had been one thing that troubled James' about the Bulls pitch: Derrick Rose never called and tried to recruit him.
Chicago officials never directly requested Rose to reach out with a call, and the young point guard felt James could've always reached out to him had he wanted to discuss the possibility of playing together. James needed to be courted, needed to be wooed and apparently it surprised him there was a star who wasn't falling over himself to do that.

Overall, the article doesn't paint LeBron in a very good light, particularly at the beginning.

Go Bulls.

I love how this is always the conclusion that reporters reach. No I don't. I actually hate that. I guess if his weed carriers hand him the phone to answer your text messages he's a warrior with a heart that's true, ready to transcend trancsendance with a flare and gusto not seen since... since... dare we say it? If not, he's a pampered puss and fuck him for thinking he's going to transcend anything ever.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1106 on: July 18, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
flare

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1107 on: July 18, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

powen01

• Vuvuzela Spit Cleaner
  • Fukakke Fan Club
    • powen01@yahoo.com

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1109 on: July 18, 2010, 09:03:45 PM »