News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 311,674 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1110 on: July 18, 2010, 11:37:52 PM »
Quote"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Michael Jordan said. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1111 on: July 19, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 18, 2010, 11:37:52 PM
Quote"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Michael Jordan said. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

"Mike and I are in 100 percent agreement on this," Charles Barkley told the Arizona Republic this week. "If you're the two-time defending NBA MVP, you don't leave anywhere. They come to you. That's ridiculous. I like LeBron. He's a great player. But I don't think in the history of sports you can find a two-time defending MVP leaving to go play with other people."

The best part about hearing those quotes last night on the news is that I got to see Barkley's golf swing.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1112 on: July 19, 2010, 08:51:59 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1113 on: July 19, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »
I don't really get the Olympics story, because I'm pretty sure veterans still haze rookies in the NBA.  I don't dispute there's a generational shift, but that doesn't prove it.  And yeah, it's really fun to play with good players who make you better ... when you're not already the best player.  If you want to be remembered as the greatest ever, as MJ indisputably did, you don't join up with two other superstars to help you win yourself a title.  If you just want to win a title (for whatever reason, apparently for image and business reasons in this case, but who knows), then you do.

As for the college example, it's not like North Carolina had already won title after title with the exact same lineup and Michael, after playing at an inferior college, decided to go join the juggernaut.  That example doesn't really hold up for me either.

I think most people are upset that LeBron is so desperate for a title after his roundly-criticized performance in the playoffs this season that he's willing to go join a dream team instead of manning up to do it himself, like a hero does.  These people see his decision as a total panic move, and they don't like it.  It's unbecoming of the one who has been sold to the public since middle school as the greatest prodigy to surpass Jordan, Dr. J, Magic, Bird, Kobe, everyone.  The next great NBA alpha male who's supposed to rise above every obstacle and slam dunk in destiny's face when all the odds are against him.  Now LeBron the Hero is dead, off to ride the coattails of someone who has already been a playoff hero.  Fans think they've been robbed of the sheer pleasure in watching a great player like Michael Jordan take over a high-stakes playoff game. Sure, he was assisted with some clutch play from his supporting cast, but everyone knew who would be taking that final shot and yet it was still impossible to stop him.  In a sport where five men are on the court for your team at a time, there really is no equivalent in American sports.  Ultimately, people aren't happy to watch a hero disappear in prime time, ripping out the heart of his hometown as he goes.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1114 on: July 20, 2010, 11:12:55 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 19, 2010, 10:31:03 PM
I don't really get the Olympics story, because I'm pretty sure veterans still haze rookies in the NBA.  I don't dispute there's a generational shift, but that doesn't prove it.  And yeah, it's really fun to play with good players who make you better ... when you're not already the best player.  If you want to be remembered as the greatest ever, as MJ indisputably did, you don't join up with two other superstars to help you win yourself a title.  If you just want to win a title (for whatever reason, apparently for image and business reasons in this case, but who knows), then you do.

As for the college example, it's not like North Carolina had already won title after title with the exact same lineup and Michael, after playing at an inferior college, decided to go join the juggernaut.  That example doesn't really hold up for me either.

I think most people are upset that LeBron is so desperate for a title after his roundly-criticized performance in the playoffs this season that he's willing to go join a dream team instead of manning up to do it himself, like a hero does.  These people see his decision as a total panic move, and they don't like it.  It's unbecoming of the one who has been sold to the public since middle school as the greatest prodigy to surpass Jordan, Dr. J, Magic, Bird, Kobe, everyone.  The next great NBA alpha male who's supposed to rise above every obstacle and slam dunk in destiny's face when all the odds are against him.  Now LeBron the Hero is dead, off to ride the coattails of someone who has already been a playoff hero.  Fans think they've been robbed of the sheer pleasure in watching a great player like Michael Jordan take over a high-stakes playoff game. Sure, he was assisted with some clutch play from his supporting cast, but everyone knew who would be taking that final shot and yet it was still impossible to stop him.  In a sport where five men are on the court for your team at a time, there really is no equivalent in American sports.  Ultimately, people aren't happy to watch a hero disappear in prime time, ripping out the heart of his hometown as he goes.

Boo fucking hoo.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1115 on: July 20, 2010, 12:07:04 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 11:12:55 AM

Boo fucking hoo.

Which tenet of "Pexism" addresses douchebaggery and trollination?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1116 on: July 20, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 20, 2010, 12:07:04 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 11:12:55 AM

Boo fucking hoo.

Which tenet of "Pexism" addresses douchebaggery and trollination?

All of them.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1117 on: July 20, 2010, 02:09:43 PM »
C.J. Watson. A Bull.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1118 on: July 20, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 20, 2010, 02:09:43 PM
C.J. Watson. A Bull.

Another good signing. This is getting significant. You guys are going to need a new thread for me to ruin.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1119 on: July 20, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
Is Ronnie Brewer any good?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1120 on: July 20, 2010, 02:24:32 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on July 20, 2010, 02:23:48 PM

Pretty good.

He's probably right below or maybe straddling the Tierney Line.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1121 on: July 20, 2010, 04:07:25 PM »

I hear his press conference made him sound really smart. He said he wanted to add to his weaknesses. Or something.

He plays good defense and can play guard and forward. Brought the ball up in college. Has already played extended minutes with Boozer and Korver in Utah.

I was hoping they'd sign him and they did.

He's no Foreskinning, Floor-Slapping, Helmet-Headed HoosierTard that sips from the juice harp but he'll do.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1122 on: July 20, 2010, 04:34:35 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 20, 2010, 04:07:25 PM

I hear his press conference made him sound really smart. He said he wanted to add to his weaknesses. Or something.

He plays good defense and can play guard and forward. Brought the ball up in college. Has already played extended minutes with Boozer and Korver in Utah.

He's no Foreskinning, Floor-Slapping, Helmet-Headed HoosierBoilerTard that sips from the juice harp but he'll do.

Grace of Gord'd.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1123 on: July 20, 2010, 05:01:11 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 04:34:35 PM

He's no Foreskinning, Floor-Slapping, Helmet-Headed HoosierBoilerTardHoosierTard that sips from the juice harp but he'll do.

Grace of Gord'd.

I hate so much the things you choose to be.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1124 on: July 20, 2010, 05:29:36 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on July 20, 2010, 05:01:11 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on July 20, 2010, 04:34:35 PM

He's no Foreskinning, Floor-Slapping, Helmet-Headed HoosierBoilerTardHoosierTard that sips from the juice harp but he'll do.

Grace of Gord'd.

I hate so much the things you choose to be.

Racist.