News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,900 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1305 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:06 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 14, 2010, 01:08:22 PM
Quote from: CT III on December 14, 2010, 12:38:08 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 14, 2010, 12:35:41 PM
Quote from: Slaky on December 14, 2010, 12:34:18 PM
Quote from: Eli on December 14, 2010, 12:31:14 PM
Quote from: R-V on December 14, 2010, 12:21:10 PM
What ever happened to Behind the Box Score? I'm only seeing it once a week or so on my internet. It sucks that I am robbed of KD's daily insights now that the Bulls are really good.

You can do a KD mad-lib of your own after each Bulls game if you really miss it.

"Derrick Rose had (x) points on (x) shots. Sigh. It's a long road for that cat, but he needs to be better than this if the Bulls want to hang with elite teams."

That's a fair summation of any/every D-Rose hater out there right now.

It's not invalid, either. It just gets tiresome to read every game. And I was just kidding around, Ghost of KD. I like his writing.  Sincerely.

Then why is this registered in your name?

http://kellysux.wordpress.com/

I just wanted to thank you again for finding this.

Don't mention it, my friend.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1306 on: December 15, 2010, 08:52:30 PM »
Son of a bitch.

QuoteJoakim Noah is scheduled to undergo surgery on his right thumb, two team sources told the Tribune.

The Bulls' starting center could be sidelined for up to 10 weeks.

Noah played with the injury Wednesday night against the Raptors after team physicians determined he could do no further damage to the injury.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1307 on: December 15, 2010, 10:05:26 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 15, 2010, 08:52:30 PM
Son of a bitch.

QuoteJoakim Noah is scheduled to undergo surgery on his right thumb, two team sources told the Tribune.

Noah played with the injury Wednesday night against the Raptors after team physicians determined he could do no further damage to the injury.

Well, then what's the problem?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1308 on: December 16, 2010, 08:43:43 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 15, 2010, 10:05:26 PM
Son of a bitch.

Well, then what's the problem?

As long as Fat Kurt Thomas is on the roster to step in, I don't see any problem at all with this injury.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1309 on: December 16, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »
Since there's no official thread for fairweather Knick fans, here's a nice read on why you should tune in when the Knicks are on TV.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/12/16/1879718/new-york-knicks-amare-stoudemire-boston-celtics

Also, the Bulls will be ok without Noah. He's making the right choice. It's unfortunate as they were stifling opponents during this win streak - but when he comes back, as long as he stays in shape, they'll be good as new.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1310 on: December 16, 2010, 10:47:13 AM »
Son of a bitch.

So no 72 wins then?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1311 on: December 16, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:39:19 AM
Since there's no official thread for fairweather Knick fans, here's a nice read on why you should tune in when the Knicks are on TV.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2010/12/16/1879718/new-york-knicks-amare-stoudemire-boston-celtics

Also, the Bulls will be ok without Noah. He's making the right choice. It's unfortunate as they were stifling opponents during this win streak - but when he comes back, as long as he stays in shape, they'll be good as new.

That Knicks-Celtics game was a fun one last night. I think at one point the Knicks made 10 or 12 straight shots in the 4th quarter against the vaunted Celtics defense (maybe they miss Thibodeau's master tactician skills?) Amare had multiple thunders slams in the 4th quarter alone. Although it was quite enjoyable to watch Spike's butt get hurt when Amare's game-winning 3 was reversed. Looking forward to some Felton/Amare vs. Rose/Boozer matchups down the road.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1312 on: December 16, 2010, 10:50:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 16, 2010, 10:47:13 AM
Son of a bitch.

So no 72 wins then?

You need to stop taking those classes at the TDubbs Upstairs Internet College.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1313 on: December 16, 2010, 10:53:06 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 16, 2010, 10:49:06 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:39:19 AM

That Knicks-Celtics game was a fun one last night. I think at one point the Knicks made 10 or 12 straight shots in the 4th quarter against the vaunted Celtics defense (maybe they miss Thibodeau's master tactician skills?) Amare had multiple thunders slams in the 4th quarter alone. Although it was quite enjoyable to watch Spike's butt get hurt when Amare's game-winning 3 was reversed. Looking forward to some Felton/Amare vs. Rose/Boozer matchups down the road.

I was at the Hawks game last night but I would have been flipping to that, the Bulls game and the Hawks game had I been home. Knicks/Celtics is a very interesting matchup and a rivalry slowly being reborn - but the way SportsCenter was trying to shove that game down my throat last night was offensive at best. It made me want to not watch out of spite. Does it really need a countdown clock, live reports from MSG with Rachel "I Suck Dicks For" Nichols and player interviews that are intentionally trying to create bulletin board material?

Goddamn you, Media. Goddamn you.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1314 on: December 16, 2010, 11:04:07 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:53:06 AM
I was at the Hawks game last night but I would have been flipping to that, the Bulls game and the Hawks game had I been home. Knicks/Celtics is a very interesting matchup and a rivalry slowly being reborn - but the way SportsCenter was trying to shove that game down my throat last night was offensive at best. It made me want to not watch out of spite. Does it really need a countdown clock, live reports from MSG with Rachel "I Suck Dicks For" Nichols and player interviews that are intentionally trying to create bulletin board material?

The Knicks have two wins this year against teams with winning records.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1315 on: December 16, 2010, 11:10:02 AM »
And, speaking of NY basketball, I liked this blog's post and its speculation about the Nets' lawyers trademarking the term "Brookyln New Yorkers."  Possible logo:

And their mascot, Dylan the Hipster:

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1316 on: December 16, 2010, 12:53:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2010, 11:04:07 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 16, 2010, 10:53:06 AM

The Knicks have two wins this year against teams with winning records.

So no 72 Deserved Wins then?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1317 on: December 16, 2010, 12:54:46 PM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2010, 11:10:02 AM
And, speaking of NY basketball, I liked this blog's post and its speculation about the Nets' lawyers trademarking the term "Brookyln New Yorkers."  Possible logo:

And their mascot, Dylan the Hipster:

Best thing ever.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1318 on: December 17, 2010, 10:47:23 AM »
http://hoopspeak.com/2010/12/derrick-rose-perfect-storm-of-overrated/

Derrick Rose is the perfect storm of overrated?

Well, this guy articulates his ideas pretty well - even he leaves me a little dizzy. Is he the Derrick Rose of writers? All flash no substance? Touche, sportswriter.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1319 on: December 17, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2010, 10:47:23 AM
http://hoopspeak.com/2010/12/derrick-rose-perfect-storm-of-overrated/

Derrick Rose is the perfect storm of overrated?

Well, this guy articulates his ideas pretty well - even he leaves me a little dizzy. Is he the Derrick Rose of writers? All flash no substance? Touche, sportswriter.

I'll be honest, I don't understand anything in this article. Must not be hip enough.

"If the loaded Bulls can win rings, D-Rose might have the biggest gap between accomplishment and collective praise since the invention of lying."