News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,856 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1320 on: December 17, 2010, 10:57:11 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2010, 10:47:23 AM
http://hoopspeak.com/2010/12/derrick-rose-perfect-storm-of-overrated/

Derrick Rose is the perfect storm of overrated?

Well, this guy articulates his ideas pretty well - even he leaves me a little dizzy. Is he the Derrick Rose of writers? All flash no substance? Touche, sportswriter.

Why does an article about Derrick Rose's alleged overratedness have the word "Kobe" in it six times?  Half of it seemed to be a rant against Kobe; the other half was about Rose, but didn't really articulate any reasons why his game doesn't measure up.

Rose leads the NBA is points + rebounds + assists and he's barely 22.  He's now shooting 41 percent from three-point range.  His defense seems improved under Thibodeau.  Everyone shut up and enjoy.  Eventually he'll get to the line another 3-4 times a game and then no one will have anything to complain about.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1321 on: December 17, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 17, 2010, 10:55:31 AM

Well, this guy articulates his ideas pretty well - even he leaves me a little dizzy. Is he the Derrick Rose of writers? All flash no substance? Touche, sportswriter.

I'll be honest, I don't understand anything in this article. Must not be hip enough.

"If the loaded Bulls can win rings, D-Rose might have the biggest gap between accomplishment and collective praise since the invention of lying."

Yeah, that was kind of what I thought. Is he trying to make his reader feel stupid? Mission accomplished.

If Kobe and Rose are overrated, who is rated? What is the rating we're going by?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1322 on: December 17, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 17, 2010, 11:43:11 AM

I'll be honest, I don't understand anything in this article. Must not be hip enough.

"If the loaded Bulls can win rings, D-Rose might have the biggest gap between accomplishment and collective praise since the invention of lying."

Yeah, that was kind of what I thought. Is he trying to make his reader feel stupid? Mission accomplished.

If Kobe and Rose are overrated, who is rated? What is the rating we're going by?

Wait, now the Bulls are "loaded"?

They're only going to win rings if Derrick Rose leads them there, so how can you say that he'll become even more overrated if they do win rings?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1323 on: December 17, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on December 17, 2010, 12:23:18 PM

They're only going to win rings if Derrick Rose leads them there, so how can you say that he'll become even more overrated if they do win rings?

I think everyone on the team is overrated except for Rose. So if they win anything he'll be underrated as dick if people believe what's in that stupid blog.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1324 on: December 17, 2010, 02:01:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 17, 2010, 01:52:16 PM

I think everyone on the team is overrated except for Rose. So if they win anything he'll be underrated as dick if people believe what's in that stupid blog.

Even Kyle Korver?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1325 on: December 17, 2010, 02:27:34 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 17, 2010, 02:01:10 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 17, 2010, 01:52:16 PM

Even Kyle Korver?

Even him. But not Kurt Thomas. Forgot about Kurt.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1326 on: December 21, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »
The Bulls just buttfucked the 76ers and all I could wonder at the end of the game is this: Why do Bulls fans go so batshit crazy for Brian Scalabrine?

I know he's terrible, and I know that Boston did the same thing for his last year (and this year when the Bulls were in Boston).  But he played there for two years before they got really good and they probably built up some genuine affection for a guy who looks goofy and plays hard.  Bulls fans have watched him for three months and he's played like 70 minutes.  There's no genuine emotion there- they're just making fun of him. 

He's not a goddamn walk-on or some retard manager, he's a 9 YEAR VETERAN.  NO ONE CHEERS LIKE THAT WHEN KURT THOMAS COMES INTO GAMES OR LINDSAY HUNTER I DON'T FUCKING GET IT AND IF I WERE BRIAN SCALABRINE I WOULD BE BUTTHURT AS SHIT.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1327 on: December 21, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on December 21, 2010, 09:52:55 PM

He's not some retard manager

New nickname for Brian Scalabrine.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1328 on: December 21, 2010, 11:37:37 PM »
The Bulls just buttfucked the 76ers and all I could wonder at the end of the game is this: Why do Bulls fans go so batshit crazy for Brian Scalabrine?

I know he's terrible, and I know that Boston did the same thing for his last year (and this year when the Bulls were in Boston).  But he played there for two years before they got really good and they probably built up some genuine affection for a guy who looks goofy and plays hard.  Bulls fans have watched him for three months and he's played like 70 minutes.  There's no genuine emotion there- they're just making fun of him. 

He's not a goddamn walk-on or some retard manager, he's a 9 YEAR VETERAN.  NO ONE CHEERS LIKE THAT WHEN KURT THOMAS COMES INTO GAMES OR LINDSAY HUNTER I DON'T FUCKING GET IT AND IF I WERE BRIAN SCALABRINE I WOULD BE BUTTHURT AS SHIT.

Um... *raises hand*

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1329 on: December 22, 2010, 06:51:39 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 21, 2010, 11:37:37 PM

Um... *raises hand*

I think he meant Bulls fans.  And, as everyone here knows, you are a hater of all that is good and decent, so you don't qualify.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1330 on: December 22, 2010, 08:31:28 AM »

I think Bulls fans just might be celebrating the fact that they've finally got a team for which Brian Scalabrine can't justifyably start.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1331 on: December 22, 2010, 08:36:38 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 21, 2010, 11:37:37 PM

Um... *raises hand*

Amen. 20 points, 14 boards and 7 blocks for the two headed beast of Komer Thomasik last night. We haven't seen a double threat at center this dominant since the glory days of Bluc Wenningley.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1332 on: December 22, 2010, 08:57:10 AM »

Carlos Boozer disagrees with you:

Quote"We want to be able get Scal in at the end of every game like that," said Boozer.

Notice that Boozer clearly states he wants Scalabrine to play at the end of games.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1333 on: December 22, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 22, 2010, 08:57:10 AM

Quote"We want to be able get Scal in at the end of every game like that," said Boozer.

Notice that Boozer clearly states he wants Scalabrine to play at the end of games.

I'm looking at it from retard manager's point of view- it's embarrasing for your own teammates to single you out as the garbage time guy.  If his former USC teammate and fellow 2001 2nd rounder Jeff Trepagnier came off in the same situation, fans don't orgasm when he misses an open three pointer.  As awful as he is and as weird as he looks, Scal's not a mascot and it irks me (more than it should) that he's getting patronized like that.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1334 on: December 22, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on December 22, 2010, 11:05:00 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 22, 2010, 08:57:10 AM

I'm looking at it from retard manager's point of view- it's embarrasing for your own teammates to single you out as the garbage time guy.  If his former USC teammate and fellow 2001 2nd rounder Jeff Trepagnier came off in the same situation, fans don't orgasm when he misses an open three pointer.  As awful as he is and as weird as he looks, Scal's not a mascot and it irks me (more than it should) that he's getting patronized like that.

This is all an act, right?

It bothers you that a funny looking white guy whose predominant skill is hustle gets cheered in a somewhat earnest, but mostly mocking fashion by a crowd full of uncoordinated rich white people? Scalabrine isn't exactly the first guy to generated such emotion from crowds.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"