News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,906 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1560 on: May 16, 2011, 09:55:44 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 09:44:30 AM
Quote from: Bort on May 16, 2011, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: R-V on May 16, 2011, 09:27:06 AM
I need [...] Fork or Huey to weigh in on this.

Man, that's something you don't read every day.

Usually, it's only shouted out in a bar when a group of people can't seem to come up with some inane sports factoid from 1970-99.

Fork'll answer any question about the 90s New York Rangers that nobody asked.

In all fairness, I probably would ask.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1561 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:30 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 09:55:44 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 09:53:03 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 09:44:30 AM
Quote from: Bort on May 16, 2011, 09:39:04 AM
Quote from: R-V on May 16, 2011, 09:27:06 AM
I need [...] Fork or Huey to weigh in on this.

Man, that's something you don't read every day.

Usually, it's only shouted out in a bar when a group of people can't seem to come up with some inane sports factoid from 1970-99.

Fork'll answer any question about the 90s New York Rangers that nobody asked.

In all fairness, I probably would ask.

The answer is Esa Tikkanen and nothing else.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1562 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

** AKA the late Bison Dele, who was only on Title #5 in 96-97.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1563 on: May 16, 2011, 10:32:06 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1564 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 10:32:06 AM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

Yeah, amongst Spider, Mahorn Worm, and Mark Aguirre I wasn't sure who the starting 5 was so I just winged it.  Either way, replace Salley with Rodman and whoever the fuck on the bench and the point essentially holds.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1565 on: May 16, 2011, 10:38:15 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:34:52 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 10:32:06 AM

Yeah, amongst Spider, Mahorn Worm and Mark Aguirre I wasn't sure who the starting 5 was so I just winged it.  Either way, replace Salley with Rodman on the bench and the point holds.

No, you're right. Salley was on the bench along with Rodamn, Edwards and the Microwave. That was the year of the Aguirre/Dantley deal - and both were starters.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DET/1989.html

So anyway. The NBA...

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1566 on: May 16, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
Probably because I grew up rooting for Notre Dame while hating DePaul, but I also felt bad for Adrian Dantley that he got ditched for Aguirre right before the Pistons won 2 titles.  Fucking Isiah.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1567 on: May 16, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
It's easy to sit here and say a team with a young Rodman had an amazing bench given what his career turned out to be. The Bulls bench is effective as hell and Asik and Gibson are still in their infancy as far as their careers go. Gibson isn't going to be a bench player for long.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1568 on: May 16, 2011, 10:54:12 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 10:49:00 AM
It's easy to sit here and say a team with a young Rodman had an amazing bench given what his career turned out to be. The Bulls bench is effective as hell and Asik and Gibson are still in their infancy as far as their careers go. Gibson isn't going to be a bench player for long.

Gibson might be my favorite player right now.  The guy seems to be emerging as a beast in front of our eyes.  If that's the case, that's bad news for the rest of the league.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1569 on: May 16, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:54:12 AM

Gibson might be my favorite player right now.  The guy seems to be emerging as a beast in front of our eyes.  If that's the case, that's bad news for the rest of the league.

My favorite player is Derrick Rose.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1570 on: May 16, 2011, 11:00:13 AM »

Two more draft picks I was totally wrong about, wanting Doiglas-Roberts and DaJuan Blair with these picks instead.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1571 on: May 16, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »
Has any #1 seed been downplayed as much as the bulls this postseason? ESPN today spent 90% of their time talking about how the heat beat themselves, instead of the bulls kicking their ass.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1572 on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:29 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:54:12 AM

Taj can't catch the ball or shoot, and Asik is a big dumb oaf.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1573 on: May 16, 2011, 11:05:57 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:02:07 AM
Has any #1 seed been downplayed as much as the bulls this postseason? ESPN today spent 90% of their time talking about how the heat beat themselves, instead of the bulls kicking their ass.

Why would ESPN spend any time on a team that doesn't have a chance of doing anything?

http://firedustybaker2.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/i-fucking-hate-this-bulls-team/

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1574 on: May 16, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:02:07 AM

Cleveland last year? That's the comparison that Bulls haters like to make. They see a one man team because so much of the offense goes through one man. I don't know how one can even say the defenses are in the same stratosphere, though.