News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,985 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1575 on: May 16, 2011, 11:13:19 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 11:08:08 AM
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:02:07 AM
Has any #1 seed been downplayed as much as the bulls this postseason? ESPN today spent 90% of their time talking about how the heat beat themselves, instead of the bulls kicking their ass.

Cleveland last year? That's the comparison that Bulls haters like to make. They see a one man team because so much of the offense goes through one man. I don't know how one can even say the defenses are in the same stratosphere, though.

One interesting thing broussard said this morning is that before the season, the majority of NBA experts thought the tom thibideau experience would fail, ending up with tom getting into a fight with one of his players. Said that's why houston didn't want him as a replacement, same with the celtics after doc was gone... said he was too intense, too hard on his players, practiced too much, horrible with the media, etc. What a big epic fail that was.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1576 on: May 16, 2011, 11:16:43 AM »
Has any #1 seed been downplayed as much as the bulls this postseason? ESPN today spent 90% of their time talking about how the heat beat themselves, instead of the bulls kicking their ass.

Cleveland last year? That's the comparison that Bulls haters like to make. They see a one man team because so much of the offense goes through one man. I don't know how one can even say the defenses are in the same stratosphere, though.

I must have been hallucinating but I am pretty sure all three of TNT's analysts picked the Bulls to win the series. The quality of the weed, beer and whiskey I currenlty have in my house made a total wig-out a distinct possibility. All I know is they Bulls played so well that I elected to watch The Borgias over the 4th quarter of that snoozefest.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1577 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 16, 2011, 11:04:29 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:54:12 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 10:49:00 AM
It's easy to sit here and say a team with a young Rodman had an amazing bench given what his career turned out to be. The Bulls bench is effective as hell and Asik and Gibson are still in their infancy as far as their careers go. Gibson isn't going to be a bench player for long.

Gibson might be my favorite player right now.  The guy seems to be emerging as a beast in front of our eyes.  If that's the case, that's bad news for the rest of the league.

Taj can't catch the ball or shoot, and Asik is a big dumb oaf.

I hope that when you die, the sky wizard sends you somewhere that always smells like Omer's armpits.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1578 on: May 16, 2011, 11:21:41 AM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:13:19 AM

One interesting thing broussard said this morning is that before the season, the majority of NBA experts thought the tom thibideau experience would fail, ending up with tom getting into a fight with one of his players. Said that's why houston didn't want him as a replacement, same with the celtics after doc was gone... said he was too intense, too hard on his players, practiced too much, horrible with the media, etc. What a big epic fail that was.

If there are a bigger bunch of douchetastic Chads and losers than NBA "experts" and fans, I don't who they might be. Phil Rogers... anybody else?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1579 on: May 16, 2011, 11:22:31 AM »
Quote from: R-V on May 16, 2011, 11:21:17 AM
It's easy to sit here and say a team with a young Rodman had an amazing bench given what his career turned out to be. The Bulls bench is effective as hell and Asik and Gibson are still in their infancy as far as their careers go. Gibson isn't going to be a bench player for long.

Gibson might be my favorite player right now.  The guy seems to be emerging as a beast in front of our eyes.  If that's the case, that's bad news for the rest of the league.

I hope that when you die, the sky wizard sends you somewhere that always smells like Omer's armpits.

You missed the green font. Chad would blow both these dudes in a heartbeat. But your point stands.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1580 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:09 AM »

I hope that when youFro  dies, the sky wizard sends you him somewhere that always smells like Omer's armpits.

Who Dubbs was paraphrasing'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1581 on: May 16, 2011, 11:24:26 AM »

ESPN? Apex says you suck at life.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1582 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:19 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 16, 2011, 11:24:26 AM

ESPN? Apex says you suck at life.

Does it really need to be said?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1583 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33:56 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 11:24:09 AM

I hope that when youFro  dies, the sky wizard sends you him somewhere that always smells like Omer's armpits.

Who Dubbs was paraphrasing'd.

Well, shit. As Apex said, the point stands. I'm guessing this wretched armpit place will also have NBA discussion threads where every other post is about an astonishingly dumb blogger.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1584 on: May 16, 2011, 11:57:59 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 10:32:06 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

** AKA the late Bison Dele, who was only on Title #5 in 96-97.

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

Chicago bulls are the new pistons.

"In fact, Sir Charles said the Bulls are the best defensive team he's ever seen during his years as an NBA player and then commentator."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1585 on: May 16, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:57:59 AM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

"In fact, Sir Charles said the Bulls are the best defensive team he's ever seen during his years as an NBA player and then commentator."

I'm sorry. I only read one NBA writer on yahoo. Whatever happened to KD anyway? At least around these parts?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1586 on: May 16, 2011, 01:58:11 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2011, 01:39:06 PM

I'm sorry. I only read one NBA writer on yahoo. Whatever happened to KD anyway? At least around these parts?

I think you can probably figure that out.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1587 on: May 16, 2011, 02:44:08 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 01:58:11 PM

I know he got into it with Apex definitely a few times and then he asked about whether any of us tried sincerity... Is he really sore over something?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1588 on: May 16, 2011, 02:48:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2011, 02:44:08 PM

I know he got into it with Apex definitely a few times and then he asked about whether any of us tried sincerity... Is he really sore over something?

He's probably intimidated by the wise basketball analysis of Fro that gets posted here.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1589 on: May 16, 2011, 02:56:23 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2011, 02:44:08 PM

I don't think Apex drove him away. Hell, Apex and Kelly co-existed for years on this board. That wouldn't really make sense. I don't want to speak for the man - he's got his own views and he's busy as hell. My opinion is he got sick of the board or just doesn't have time.