News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bulls are insignificant right now.  ( 310,801 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bulls are insignificant right now.
« Reply #1590 on: May 16, 2011, 02:57:30 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 02:56:23 PM
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2011, 02:44:08 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 16, 2011, 01:58:11 PM
Quote from: Brownie on May 16, 2011, 01:39:06 PM
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 11:57:59 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 10:32:06 AM
Quote from: PANK! on May 16, 2011, 10:27:32 AM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

** AKA the late Bison Dele, who was only on Title #5 in 96-97.

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

Chicago bulls are the new pistons.

"In fact, Sir Charles said the Bulls are the best defensive team he's ever seen during his years as an NBA player and then commentator."

I'm sorry. I only read one NBA writer on yahoo. Whatever happened to KD anyway? At least around these parts?

I think you can probably figure that out.

I know he got into it with Apex definitely a few times and then he asked about whether any of us tried sincerity... Is he really sore over something?

I don't think Apex drove him away. Hell, Apex and Kelly co-existed for years on this board. That wouldn't really make sense. I don't want to speak for the man - he's got his own views and he's busy as hell. My opinion is he got sick of the board or just doesn't have time.

If we did lose him because of apex, how do we reverse the trade? We need to right that wrong.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1591 on: May 16, 2011, 03:01:49 PM »
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 02:57:30 PM
The Bulls of the 90's never really had a deep bench.  In the first three-peat, they had Cliff Levingston (who was only on the first 2 before being replaced by that shit-bird Rodney McCray), and BJ Armstrong.  After that, Will Perdue, Fat Stacey, Scott Williams, Craig Hodges (also only on the first 2, replaced by Trent Tucker for Title #3)...really a collection of "meh".  The second three-peat had a slightly better bench--Kukoc, Kerr, Wennington, Buechler* and Brian Williams**--but could hardly be defined as "deep".  Seems the Pistons teams from whom the Bulls took the crown had a deeper bench in Mahorn, Vinnie Johnson,  John Salley and James Edwards*

The depth of this team is better than it was in the 90's, even if the starting 5 is not as good.

*Edwards and John Salley also came off the bench for the Bulls in Title #4 in 95-96 but were older and less effective than they had been for the Pistons, though certainly serviceable.

Dennis Rodman only started 8 games for the 88-89 World Champion Pistons. Along with The Microwave and Spider Salley (Mahorn started 60 of 72), that is about the nastiest second unit I can come up with. So let's stop.

"In fact, Sir Charles said the Bulls are the best defensive team he's ever seen during his years as an NBA player and then commentator."

I'm sorry. I only read one NBA writer on yahoo. Whatever happened to KD anyway? At least around these parts?

I know he got into it with Apex definitely a few times and then he asked about whether any of us tried sincerity... Is he really sore over something?

I don't think Apex drove him away. Hell, Apex and Kelly co-existed for years on this board. That wouldn't really make sense. I don't want to speak for the man - he's got his own views and he's busy as hell. My opinion is he got sick of the board or just doesn't have time.

If we did lose him because of apex, how do we reverse the trade? We need to right that wrong.

If you read the comments on his stories on Yahoo! and compare to the fagotronics I was throwing down, I don't see how I even make a dent.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1592 on: May 16, 2011, 03:07:22 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 16, 2011, 03:01:49 PM
Quote from: BH on May 16, 2011, 02:57:30 PM

If you read the comments on his stories on Yahoo! and compare to the fagotronics I was throwing down, I don't see how I even make a dent.

Imagine if every time he posted here someone replied "YOU SHULD BE FIERED YOU UGLY LADY MORAN!"

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1594 on: May 18, 2011, 01:55:04 AM »
Who said the bulls weren't insignificant?
http://twitter.com/#!/Gachatz/status/69977298077614080

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1595 on: May 18, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »
2. I clearly said "near perfect" so you can't really throw in the "Who ya crappin'?" portion as you mentioned.

3. The Bulls play one great game and I knew for a fact that you and a bunch of your fagtastic friends who scorn me and digest every little comment I have made. They haven't won anything yet so don't get ahead of yourself.

4. "Don't be surprised if the Bulls lose this series 4-2." I did not say "The Bulls will lose this series 4-2″. If you are a real fan and watched the first series against the Pacers and the first part against the Hawks, you would have been worried too. Luckily, they seemed to have pulled their shit together for now. I didn't think they would. Let me remind you again that they haven't won anything yet.

5. When my teams lose, that's when I only have stuff to say? Not quite sir. Since I started this site, I have nearly had a recap of every Bears game; win or lose. Sure, some of my posts about the Bears' victories had criticism and rightfully so, but some games, I had nothing but good things to say. When the Blackhawks had some memorable wins last year, I had nothing but good things to say.

6. I am going to take a wild guess here and say that you and your dumbass friends stopped watching the NBA when Jordan left. If so, you have no right to say what's right or wrong about anything concerning the Bulls. As a fan, I have had to deal with the bullshit from 1999-2003 with the likes of Rusty LaRue, Corey Benjamin, Eddie Robinson, Marcus Fizer and Kevin Ollie. There are a bunch of others but I don't feel throwing my computer across the room in disgust of all the other shitty players there were in that time. If you didn't sit through those times, you won't know the difference between good basketball and bad basketball.

I would also put money down that you and your cyber buddies are bandwagon Blackhawks fans when myself and a few select others on this site and others were following them when times were really shitty. I am sick of bandwagon fans and especially ones who try to argue with me and think they know everything. In reality, they don't.

7. Last thing and it's a bit off-topic, say hello to your good friend with the multiple personalities Guest/Thrillho/Tankho/Santkho.

Don't forget to mention this article to him:

http://firedustybaker2.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/a-couple-things-to-mention/#comment-6082

He called me ludicrous for saying the Blackhawks needed 99 points to make the playoffs this season. They had 97 (and made it) and if it wasn't for the new regulation/shootout wins rule, they would have needed 98 points to make the playoffs. I apologize for being two points off from my ludicrous comment.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1596 on: May 18, 2011, 08:13:10 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 18, 2011, 07:56:56 AM
2. I clearly said "near perfect" so you can't really throw in the "Who ya crappin'?" portion as you mentioned.

3. The Bulls play one great game and I knew for a fact that you and a bunch of your fagtastic friends who scorn me and digest every little comment I have made. They haven't won anything yet so don't get ahead of yourself.

4. "Don't be surprised if the Bulls lose this series 4-2." I did not say "The Bulls will lose this series 4-2″. If you are a real fan and watched the first series against the Pacers and the first part against the Hawks, you would have been worried too. Luckily, they seemed to have pulled their shit together for now. I didn't think they would. Let me remind you again that they haven't won anything yet.

5. When my teams lose, that's when I only have stuff to say? Not quite sir. Since I started this site, I have nearly had a recap of every Bears game; win or lose. Sure, some of my posts about the Bears' victories had criticism and rightfully so, but some games, I had nothing but good things to say. When the Blackhawks had some memorable wins last year, I had nothing but good things to say.

6. I am going to take a wild guess here and say that you and your dumbass friends stopped watching the NBA when Jordan left. If so, you have no right to say what's right or wrong about anything concerning the Bulls. As a fan, I have had to deal with the bullshit from 1999-2003 with the likes of Rusty LaRue, Corey Benjamin, Eddie Robinson, Marcus Fizer and Kevin Ollie. There are a bunch of others but I don't feel throwing my computer across the room in disgust of all the other shitty players there were in that time. If you didn't sit through those times, you won't know the difference between good basketball and bad basketball.

I would also put money down that you and your cyber buddies are bandwagon Blackhawks fans when myself and a few select others on this site and others were following them when times were really shitty. I am sick of bandwagon fans and especially ones who try to argue with me and think they know everything. In reality, they don't.

7. Last thing and it's a bit off-topic, say hello to your good friend with the multiple personalities Guest/Thrillho/Tankho/Santkho.

http://firedustybaker2.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/a-couple-things-to-mention/#comment-6082

He called me ludicrous for saying the Blackhawks needed 99 points to make the playoffs this season. They had 97 (and made it) and if it wasn't for the new regulation/shootout wins rule, they would have needed 98 points to make the playoffs. I apologize for being two points off from my ludicrous comment.

Time tested strategy: when all else fails, accuse the other person of not being a real fan. Profit.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1597 on: May 18, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on May 18, 2011, 07:56:56 AM

So Dubbs was FroDog all this time?  Man, my head is spinning.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1598 on: May 19, 2011, 07:06:26 AM »
No reason to complain about Wednesday night's game. I'll let the Bulls horrendous play do the talking for me.

When Taj Gibson had the one-handed slam towards the end, I jumped off the couch in excitement and there were a few other moments where I did the same throughout the season. That being said, I can't enjoy this unless they win the championship. I am excited they are here but not satisfied.

That's one reason why I won't get excited about any team until they win a world championship. Call me a pessimist or whatever else you want. As with the Bears, I am worried that the Bulls' deficiencies such as missing free throws, taking dumb shots and having stupid turnovers could hurt when it matters the most.

The Bulls are about to lose this game. I said it above that stupid turnovers, dumb shots and missed free throws will be the demise of the Bulls. You saw all three tonight.

Yep. And you also aren't going to win when you miss ten free throws which by the way, the entire media is writing/talking about. Supposedly, everyone is surprised by this except me who has been "overreacting" about it all year. When it matters the most, it will hurt the Bulls.

The series is not over but if they do lose this series, you can look at this game and say this is the reason why.

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1599 on: May 19, 2011, 08:15:12 AM »
In summation, when the Bulls play well they win. When they play poorly they lose.

OK, that's all the analysis I need.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1600 on: May 19, 2011, 08:20:24 AM »
I'm not going to talk about that game.

Here are 750 words about that game.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1601 on: May 19, 2011, 08:41:13 AM »
Ignoring Fro-talk...they have to like their chances if they can hold Miami to 85 points a game, no? They really blew their chance to bury the Heat early when they kept getting all of those offensive rebounds and bricking it like they did all night. At some point those shots have to fall........right?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1602 on: May 19, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2011, 08:41:13 AM
Ignoring Fro-talk...they have to like their chances if they can hold Miami to 85 points a game, no? They really blew their chance to bury the Heat early when they kept getting all of those offensive rebounds and bricking it like they did all night. At some point those shots have to fall........right?

Right.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1603 on: May 19, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 09:06:41 AM

Right.

Alright then. Rock'n'roll.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1604 on: May 19, 2011, 09:15:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2011, 09:10:38 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 19, 2011, 09:06:41 AM

Right.

Alright then. Rock'n'roll.

Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Bulls won't have another game this series where they shoot 34% from the field, 15% from three, and 62% from the free throw line.