News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Jonny Dave writes for Foxsports?  ( 1,720 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Jonny Dave writes for Foxsports?
« on: March 12, 2010, 10:51:33 PM »
Why didn't I know this?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/NASCAR-critics-should-stop-whining
They've never been in a fight with a bunch of crew members – I have.

QuoteThey've never had to back a driver who's been wrecked or has wrecked somebody, and that other crew is coming after them – I have.
They've never been in the bottom of a snake pit all greased up and rarin' to go, and knowin' that the only way out was to wring that snakes neck with your cold, dead hands - I have.

QuoteIt really frustrates me to hear and read all these columnists who think they know what the hell is going on when they ain't got a freaking clue.

QuoteBut when two guys lock horns here in these steel chariots and they go to battle, all of a sudden it's like, "Oh my God, you're going to kill somebody." I don't understand the mentality – you called for this, you want it and then when you're given it, you want it to be tainted and you want to tweak on it some more because, "Oh, this is not what we meant."

Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jonny Dave writes for Foxsports?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »
Quote"I had a real run-in with 'em at the Cow Palace in San Francisco," Knievel says of the Angels. "One of them threw a tire iron at me out of the grandstand when I was ready to make the jump. So I made the jump anyway, but when I came back in he was standing in the middle of the floor giving me the finger, and I knocked him on his ass with my motorcycle." [...]

Knievel continues, "Four or five of them jumped on me and the whole crowd came out of the grandstand and just beat the shit out of 'em. Hit 'em with 4x4s, everything-just slaughtered them."

The Angels remember it a little differently. The crowd did indeed jump in, but it was the club members who primarily made use of whatever two-by-four studs were available.

"Steel chariots," how toughie-toughie-tuff-tuff.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Jonny Dave writes for Foxsports?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 12, 2010, 11:07:38 PM
Quote"I had a real run-in with 'em at the Cow Palace in San Francisco," Knievel says of the Angels. "One of them threw a tire iron at me out of the grandstand when I was ready to make the jump. So I made the jump anyway, but when I came back in he was standing in the middle of the floor giving me the finger, and I knocked him on his ass with my motorcycle." [...]

Knievel continues, "Four or five of them jumped on me and the whole crowd came out of the grandstand and just beat the shit out of 'em. Hit 'em with 4x4s, everything-just slaughtered them."

The Angels remember it a little differently. The crowd did indeed jump in, but it was the club members who primarily made use of whatever two-by-four studs were available.

"Steel chariots," how toughie-toughie-tuff-tuff.

And Jeff Hammond was there in all his sweaty glory.

Wait, that wasn't aboot NASCAR, was it...
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.