News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread  ( 56,847 )

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Re: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 15, 2008, 10:08:34 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 15, 2008, 09:38:13 AM
After that article comes out, how does Hendry not call Wood or his agent (or both on some new-fangled conference call function that I don't think has been invented yet) and say, "Hey, Kerry. I fucked this one up. I thought we were doing what's best for you, but you want a one year deal to stay here? You got it bud. How much do you want? It's on."

That's what I'd do.

If Hendry does not offer him a one year deal now, then somebody is lying. Either.....

1. Hendry really doesn't want him back.
or
2. Piniella doesn't want him back.
or
3. Marmol is whining about not being the closer and they are trying to make him happy for some reason.
or
4. Kerry really wouldn't accept a one year deal but is trying to come off as the good guy to the media and fans.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2008, 10:42:41 AM »
Quote from: butthead on November 15, 2008, 10:08:34 AM
After that article comes out, how does Hendry not call Wood or his agent (or both on some new-fangled conference call function that I don't think has been invented yet) and say, "Hey, Kerry. I fucked this one up. I thought we were doing what's best for you, but you want a one year deal to stay here? You got it bud. How much do you want? It's on."

That's what I'd do.

If Hendry does not offer him a one year deal now, then somebody is lying. Either.....

or
or
3. Marmol is whining about not being the closer and they are trying to make him happy for some reason.
or
4. Kerry really wouldn't accept a one year deal but is trying to come off as the good guy to the media and fans.

Even though I like Kerry Wood as much as the next Cubs fan, this does seem pretty likely.  Isn't this what most professional athletes say when they leave a city they've been a part of for a while?

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2008, 12:00:11 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 15, 2008, 10:42:41 AM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

Even though I like Kerry Wood as much as the next Cubs fan, this does seem pretty likely.  Isn't this what most professional athletes say when they leave a city they've been a part of for a while?

He said yesterday that they live here year-round and they're putting their kids in school here.  His wife is from Chicago.  I think he meant it.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2008, 12:10:13 PM »
Quote from: smg on November 15, 2008, 12:00:11 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

He said yesterday that they live here year-round and they're putting their kids in school here.  His wife is from Chicago.  I think he meant it.

I do too. My thinking is that Hendry and the rest of the staff decided it's time to move on.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2008, 12:32:33 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 15, 2008, 12:10:13 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I do too. My thinking is that Hendry and the rest of the staff decided it's time to move on.

Well if they can get him for one year, it's stupid to move on. There were two relievers on the team worth a damn last year, and now there is one. It's not like it's a rebuilding year.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: November 15, 2008, 12:36:52 PM »
Quote from: butthead on November 15, 2008, 12:32:33 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

Well if they can get him for one year, it's stupid to move on. There were two relievers on the team worth a damn last year, and now there is one. It's not like it's a rebuilding year.

Yeah, that's how most of us feel. Unfortunately, we aren't the staff.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2008, 12:39:04 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on November 15, 2008, 12:36:52 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

We should be the staff. That would be cool.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: November 15, 2008, 12:55:05 PM »
Quote from: butthead on November 15, 2008, 12:39:04 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

Sam Zell needs buyers...who's with me?
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
Quote from: CT II on November 15, 2008, 12:55:05 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I'm broke, but I hear there's a guy in Dallas that's interested.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: November 15, 2008, 01:35:12 PM »
Quote from: butthead on November 15, 2008, 01:13:39 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

Sorry, Yellon shot that one down.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: November 15, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I'll start buying up Replay For Riches scratch-and-wins, you tackle Little Lotto. RV will pwn the Dow.

I'm sure we can scrape together what we need in no time.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: November 15, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »

That's what I'd do.

Best Post Of Thread Award goes to Slaky, come on down and take your award, y'little rascal you!

Quote from: Thrillho on November 15, 2008, 02:20:59 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I'll start buying up Replay For Riches scratch-and-wins, you tackle Little Lotto. RV will pwn the Dow.

I'm sure we can scrape together what we need in no time.

I've always said that one day we could have actual real life legitimate say-so within the Cubs organization.  For serious.  It has already begun.
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #222 on: November 16, 2008, 10:33:56 PM »

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I am. But I don't think I can scare up the cash on such short notice. I can see if Mark Cuban would like to buy in though.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: November 16, 2008, 10:57:40 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on November 16, 2008, 10:33:56 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

I am. But I don't think I can scare up the cash on such short notice. I can see if Mark Cuban would like to buy in though.

LoneStar would make George Steinbrenner seem like PK Wrigley.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2008, 05:49:25 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on November 16, 2008, 10:57:40 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on November 16, 2008, 10:33:56 PM

That's what I'd do.

or
or
or

LoneStar would make George Steinbrenner seem like PK Wrigley.

Owner ANGRYHuey would yell at the outfielders to get off his lawn.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16