News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread  ( 56,796 )

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread
« Reply #225 on: November 17, 2008, 11:11:32 AM »
Quote from: CT II on November 15, 2008, 12:55:05 PM
Sam Zell needs buyers...who's with me?

You'd better not be dipping into our Viking money.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: November 17, 2008, 11:34:28 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on November 17, 2008, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: CT II on November 15, 2008, 12:55:05 PM
Sam Zell needs buyers...who's with me?

You'd better not be dipping into our Viking money.

The Viking investment is completely seperate and for Shoutboxers only.

SHOUTBOXERS ONLY.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: November 17, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
Kerm's avatar wins.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: November 17, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 17, 2008, 09:07:16 PM
Kerm's avatar wins.

Flawless Victory!

Simmer

• Play Ball
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: November 17, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »
2010 Chicago Cubs
75-87

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2009, 11:46:58 AM »
Bump via Shoutbox...

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2009/1/12/718354/silent-protest-at-the-conv

QuoteSilent "protest" at the Convention

by Doggie Stalker on Jan 12, 2009 11:39 AM CST

If you are going to the Convention and were unhappy about how the Kerry Wood situation was handled ( as in did we dump him for the money, was the idea of a one year contract EVER mentioned, are we better off with Gregg/Marmol than Marmol/Wood and what if anything did Lou have to do with this ?) please consider wearing a Wood T shirt or Jersey ( if you have one) to the business meeting at 9AM Saturday. Feel free to wear DeRosa item for same effect.

I picked up a remaindered Wood T shirt for this purpose when I was in town over Thanksgiving  ( and he was technically still with the team). I don't usually have player specific items but I wanted something for Wood so that I could wear at the Convention.

Needless to say if you think Hendry handled the Wood /DeRosa situations to your satisfaction you can wear what you like.

QuoteI'll wear my Wood jersey.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

by Al on Jan 12, 2009 11:43 AM CST
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2009, 11:46:58 AM
Bump via Shoutbox...

If you are going to the Convention and were unhappy about how the Kerry Wood situation was handled ( as in did we dump him for the money, was the idea of a one year contract EVER mentioned, are we better off with Gregg/Marmol than Marmol/Wood and what if anything did Lou have to do with this ?) please consider wearing a Wood T shirt or Jersey ( if you have one) to the business meeting at 9AM Saturday. Feel free to wear DeRosa item for same effect.

I picked up a remaindered Wood T shirt for this purpose when I was in town over Thanksgiving  ( and he was technically still with the team). I don't usually have player specific items but I wanted something for Wood so that I could wear at the Convention.

Needless to say if you think Hendry handled the Wood /DeRosa situations to your satisfaction you can wear what you like.

"That's my opinion and if you don't like it, well, I have others." ~ Groucho Marx

Kermit is wearing his Essian jersey to protest the way Jim Essian's firing was handled.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2009, 12:03:08 PM »
Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2009, 11:46:58 AM
Bump via Shoutbox...

Great news guys.  You can wear what you like to the Cubs Convention. I'm going to go masturbate.

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2009, 12:24:54 PM »
This crazy biotch is still bitter over the Maddux dealings, and now she's steamed over Woody. Makes me think the Cubs did the right thing.

Somebody ought to inform Crane Kenney of Al's protests so he won't grant him any further interviews.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2009, 12:41:50 PM »
DPD. I hope this is sarcasm, but I don't think so:

Good idea Doggie, but needs more ooomph!
I don't think mgmt will think twice about seeing a bunch of Wood or DeRosa jerseys in the audience. If they notice them at all, they'll just probably think it's the economy – folks can't afford new shirts.

If you really want to make a statement, you need to take it back to the streets! Power to the people! Stage a sit-in! Lock arms in front of the ballroom doors and sing "Amazing Wood, how sweet the sound"! Chain yourself to the barstools and threaten to not stop drinking (I think you'll have plenty of volunteers for this one).

Get someone (that can't be traced back to you) to slip Ronnie Woo Woo $20 to go "Wood Woo!", "DeRosa Woo!" throughout the meeting.

And if you want to be more forward thinking, rent a megaphone and incite the crowd
"Who do we want? Roberts! When do we want him? Now!"
"Who do we want? Peavy! When do we want him? Now!"

Lou Brown: "My kinda team, Charlie, my kinda team..."

by ballhawk on Jan 12, 2009 12:17 PM CST  reply   0 recs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2009, 12:52:31 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on January 12, 2009, 12:41:50 PM

I don't think mgmt will think twice about seeing a bunch of Wood or DeRosa jerseys in the audience. If they notice them at all, they'll just probably think it's the economy – folks can't afford new shirts.

If you really want to make a statement, you need to take it back to the streets! Power to the people! Stage a sit-in! Lock arms in front of the ballroom doors and sing "Amazing Wood, how sweet the sound"! Chain yourself to the barstools and threaten to not stop drinking (I think you'll have plenty of volunteers for this one).

Get someone (that can't be traced back to you) to slip Ronnie Woo Woo $20 to go "Wood Woo!", "DeRosa Woo!" throughout the meeting.

And if you want to be more forward thinking, rent a megaphone and incite the crowd

I think it's best for all if we just shut the lid on the toolbox that is Bleed Cubbie Blue.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2009, 12:55:57 PM »
I'm just trying to stir up a confrontation at the Convention between attending Desipiots and the protesters.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: January 12, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
Quote from: Fork on January 12, 2009, 12:52:31 PM
Quote from: Dave B on January 12, 2009, 12:41:50 PM

I think it's best for all if we just shut the lid on the toolbox that is Bleed Cubbie Blue.

I positive this protest.

If the CPD re-enacts the 1968 Democratic Convention on the BCBers.