News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread  ( 56,800 )

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Kerry Wood Sploogefest Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 13, 2008, 10:37:58 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 13, 2008, 07:34:15 PM
Also, it's a sad reflection (yet fitting) that many people consider Kerry Wood -- at times brilliant, but ultimately disappointing -- the face of the Cubs.

I'm sorry, did you say something?  I can't stop looking at Kirsten Bell's shapely ass.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #166 on: November 13, 2008, 10:47:57 PM »
Quote from: smg on November 13, 2008, 09:14:02 PM
Quote from: 5laky on November 13, 2008, 08:00:40 PM
Quote from: smg on November 13, 2008, 07:20:28 PM
I do not approve.

So now that Prior and Wood are gone, do you have to find a new team?

I was never into Prior.

I don't need a new team; I might, however, have to get Extra Innings again, which I was perhaps planning to skip.

Sounds to me like you already have your checkbook out.

(People still use checks, right?)
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: November 13, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 13, 2008, 10:47:57 PM
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

I don't need a new team; I might, however, have to get Extra Innings again, which I was perhaps planning to skip.

Dude.  Money orders.  Get with the times.

smg

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: November 13, 2008, 11:22:37 PM »
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

People who pay by check in stores deserve to get caught in horrible traffic jams while being stuck behind 18-wheelers that totally block their view of what might be happening on their way home from using such inconsiderate instruments of payment.  Especially the ones who actually do the math in their check register at the store.*

*I say this even though my PC isn't working, and I can't access my electronic check register in Quicken until I get a copy of Windows to install on my Mac.  I would never go back to writing checks.  So 20th century. 

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: November 14, 2008, 02:52:55 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on November 13, 2008, 08:05:33 PM
I heard Hendry say on Boers and Bernstein today that he considers Kerry Wood a younger "brother." He said that they'll be friends for the rest of their lives. He also said that when Wood retires he'll always have a spot with the team, whether it's as a coach, advisor, consultant, Spring Training instructor, ambassador, whatever he wants. He said that Kerry has the potential to earn money elsewhere that the Cubs are not in a position to pay him right now and he should go do it.

So if you're mad at Hendry for Kerry Wood leaving the Cubs you're a bit off base. Like Moises Alou, you're not paying attention and you deserve to get hosed.

And now, I'm going to bitch and whine because Kerry Wood will be pitching for the Dodgers next year.

FUUUUUUUDFJ;lkasdjfgkl;ajwl;kfgjpq;iojrwfp;ijrwf...

Ok. I feel better now.

THIS.  THIS.  THIS.

Kerry Wood IS the Cubs for me.  He and I came up at the same time.  And if I were Jim Hendry, I'd have let him walk, too - and I, too, would have hated having to do it.

In a parallel Universe, the one where Hendry just gave Kerry a 4-year, $35m deal, I'm going to be watching this message board to see the weeping and gnashing of teeth half way through next season when Wood's shoulder gives up once and for all.  I hope that parallel Hendry is ready for a rough ride from the fans.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: November 14, 2008, 05:53:38 AM »

I hope Wood gets to take the mound at least one more time at Wrigley, so everyone can give him the Standing O as thanks.

Then I hope he gets torched.

And I'm sure that's how he wants it.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2008, 07:10:52 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on November 14, 2008, 02:52:55 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on November 13, 2008, 08:05:33 PM
I heard Hendry say on Boers and Bernstein today that he considers Kerry Wood a younger "brother." He said that they'll be friends for the rest of their lives. He also said that when Wood retires he'll always have a spot with the team, whether it's as a coach, advisor, consultant, Spring Training instructor, ambassador, whatever he wants. He said that Kerry has the potential to earn money elsewhere that the Cubs are not in a position to pay him right now and he should go do it.

So if you're mad at Hendry for Kerry Wood leaving the Cubs you're a bit off base. Like Moises Alou, you're not paying attention and you deserve to get hosed.

And now, I'm going to bitch and whine because Kerry Wood will be pitching for the Dodgers next year.

FUUUUUUUDFJ;lkasdjfgkl;ajwl;kfgjpq;iojrwfp;ijrwf...

Ok. I feel better now.

THIS.  THIS.  THIS.

Kerry Wood IS the Cubs for me.  He and I came up at the same time.  And if I were Jim Hendry, I'd have let him walk, too - and I, too, would have hated having to do it.

In a parallel Universe, the one where Hendry just gave Kerry a 4-year, $35m deal, I'm going to be watching this message board to see the weeping and gnashing of teeth half way through next season when Wood's shoulder gives up once and for all.  I hope that parallel Hendry is ready for a rough ride from the fans.

Wood to you is Andre Dawson to me.  My first year as a Cub fan was Andre's first year as a Cub ... then, when I turned 13 he was gone.

If the parallel is accurate, then cheer up chum.  You just became a man, although you now have to deal with a decade of self confidence issues and you're a long way off from getting laid for the first time.  ...yeah, on second thought, the comparison kind of falls apart.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2008, 08:06:22 AM »
Quote from: smg on November 13, 2008, 11:22:37 PM
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

People who pay by check in stores deserve to get caught in horrible traffic jams while being stuck behind 18-wheelers that totally block their view of what might be happening on their way home from using such inconsiderate instruments of payment.  Especially the ones who actually do the math in their check register at the store.*

*I say this even though my PC isn't working, and I can't access my electronic check register in Quicken until I get a copy of Windows to install on my Mac.  I would never go back to writing checks.  So 20th century. 

hi
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: November 14, 2008, 08:15:52 AM »
Quote from: Pre on November 13, 2008, 10:02:01 PM
Quote from: Mike D on November 13, 2008, 03:14:32 PM
Some of y'all are little bitches.

Thank baby fucking jesus that I checked to see if you thought it was ok for me to be sad about this.

It's fine to be sad. I'm sad.  I'm referring to the petuant overreaction like this:

Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on November 13, 2008, 02:57:09 PM
Fuck Jim Hendry with a rusty fucking chainsaw.

Quote from: JakeD on November 13, 2008, 02:58:27 PM

Amen.

Quote from: *In a Nutsack on November 13, 2008, 03:06:02 PM
FUCK BALLS COCK DICK MEAT CURTAIN DONUT FUCK COCK I HATE THIS SHIT BALLS DICK COCK FUCK SHIT BITCH DOUCHE.

Fuck.  This sucks.  On a sentimental level, this is a kick in the fuckin' sperm flagella.

Go to hell, Hendry.

Quote from: Weebs on November 13, 2008, 03:09:52 PM
Hendry can go fuck himself.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: November 14, 2008, 09:31:35 AM »
I'd be interested in the details.  Was is 4-40 or nothing?  Was 2-24 with an option to make it 3-36 even on the table?  4 years is absolutely too long, 2 years would be perfect.  3 with a buyout would've been a nice compromise.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: November 14, 2008, 09:36:23 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on November 14, 2008, 08:06:22 AM
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

hi

You bring a smile to my face, Tip, even in this time of mourning.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: November 14, 2008, 10:02:01 AM »
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

hi

SMG... I think Chad here has a few questions for you on the finer points of anatomy.
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: November 14, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on November 14, 2008, 08:15:52 AM
Quote from: Pre on November 13, 2008, 10:02:01 PM
Quote from: Mike D on November 13, 2008, 03:14:32 PM
Some of y'all are little bitches.

Thank baby fucking jesus that I checked to see if you thought it was ok for me to be sad about this.

It's fine to be sad. I'm sad.  I'm referring to the petuant overreaction like this:

Quote from: JakeD on November 13, 2008, 02:58:27 PM

Amen.

Quote from: *In a Nutsack on November 13, 2008, 03:06:02 PM
FUCK BALLS COCK DICK MEAT CURTAIN DONUT FUCK COCK I HATE THIS SHIT BALLS DICK COCK FUCK SHIT BITCH DOUCHE.

Fuck.  This sucks.  On a sentimental level, this is a kick in the fuckin' sperm flagella.

Go to hell, Hendry.

Quote from: Weebs on November 13, 2008, 03:09:52 PM
Hendry can go fuck himself.

I think that there are some folks who need a time out.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #178 on: November 14, 2008, 10:15:24 AM »
Quote from: Thrillho on November 14, 2008, 10:02:01 AM
I do not approve.

I was never into Prior.

hi

SMG... I think Chad here has a few questions for you on the finer points of anatomy.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of the MEAT CURTAIN....

*I'm sorry. Did I cross a line there?

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2008, 10:16:14 AM »
Quote from: TJ on November 13, 2008, 02:49:36 PM
He was fragile. But there were few players that I rooted for more than him.

Godspeed, Kerry Wood.

This.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche