News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: All Purpose Why are the Bears drafting this douche thread. 4/26-27 2008.  ( 38,645 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
I actually liked the Williams pick, lord knows the Bears need to fix the offensive line.

The problem is that Benson just flat out sucks, and once it got into the 20's I think the Bears would have been well-served to jump up there and grab Mendenhall.

Rice strikes me as a meh running back, and Charles looks to have potential but he's from Texas, and the last two highly-considered running backs out of Texas haven't worked out well in the NFL.

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 05:28:17 PM
I actually liked the Williams pick, lord knows the Bears need to fix the offensive line.

The problem is that Benson just flat out sucks, and once it got into the 20's I think the Bears would have been well-served to jump up there and grab Mendenhall.

Rice strikes me as a meh running back, and Charles looks to have potential but he's from Texas, and the last two highly-considered running backs out of Texas haven't worked out well in the NFL.

How'd the last two well-considered RB's from Illinois work out?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Quote from: ~Apex on April 26, 2008, 05:37:47 PM

Red Grange was pretty good.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: butthead on April 26, 2008, 05:39:05 PM

Robert Holcombe had a decent career, although he did move to fullback later on in his career.

Pierre Thomas wasn't highly considered, but the Saints like him...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Neifilicious

Miami and KC didn't take QBs.  Barring someone trading up...We may have the chance to draft Brian Brohm.  It may be unpopular here at the only site you'll ever need, but it'd be damned good for the offense (provided the Bears don't just ruin him).

Baltimore looks really dumb for taking Flacco at 18 so far.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 05:40:15 PM
Quote from: butthead on April 26, 2008, 05:39:05 PM

Robert Holcombe had a decent career, although he did move to fullback later on in his career.

Pierre Thomas wasn't highly considered, but the Saints like him...

Which one is Mendenhall?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: I like Jubblies on April 26, 2008, 05:55:04 PM
Miami and KC didn't take QBs.  Barring someone trading up...We may have the chance to draft Brian Brohm.  It may be unpopular here at the only site you'll ever need, but it'd be damned good for the offense (provided the Bears don't just ruin him).

Brohm's a taller Grossman, for goodness sakes... He's immobile, prone to bouts of inaccuracy even when not facing pressure, looks bad when he is pressured, and any throw outside the numbers is a possible pick-six due to that lack of accuracy and not being smart about where he's throwing it.

Get this team a damn running back!!!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 06:24:04 PM

Brohm's a taller Grossman, for goodness sakes... He's immobile, prone to bouts of inaccuracy

In keeping with my extensive notes for your cherubic ass, You could have quit right here and been ahead on points. But you just couldn't help yourself. Could you? You're a regular John Kerry. And why do you insist on ripping people for being afraid to take chances on multi-million dollar deals involving ballplayers when you're afraid to type profanity on a fringe message board? Jesus H. Christ.

joesoxfan

• Hank White Fan Club
Angelo fucking sucks.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 06:24:04 PM
Quote from: I like Jubblies on April 26, 2008, 05:55:04 PM

Brohm's a taller Grossman, for goodness sakes... He's immobile, prone to bouts of inaccuracy even when not facing pressure, looks bad when he is pressured, and any throw outside the numbers is a possible pick-six due to that lack of accuracy and not being smart about where he's throwing it.

You got your wish.  Now, I look forward to you bashing this pick as well.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
I like the potential of the pick. He isn't going to help immediately like Mendenhall would've, but Forte has a lot of natural ability and talent.

joesoxfan

• Hank White Fan Club
Quote from: BC on April 26, 2008, 06:35:18 PM
I like the potential of the pick. He isn't going to help immediately like Mendenhall would've, but Forte has a lot of natural ability and talent.

Watch a lot of Tulane games, do you?

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
The Bears are gonna take  QB at some point.  That QB will either be the second coming or Rex Orton 2.0.  As such, they're gonna hold off and cover all the bases by drafting  Brady Leaf from Oregon.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

MDZ

• Hank White Fan Club
Mendenhall wasn't worth drafting or trading up for.  Forte screams workout wonder, even though he may work out because he'll have 3/5ths of a functional offensive line instead of the crap the Bears put out there last year.  His Tulane team may have sucked, but so did their competition.

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Quote from: joesoxfan on April 26, 2008, 06:36:22 PM

Watch a lot of Tulane games, do you?

I saw two of them if I remember correctly. It isn't like I have seen the guy a ton, but what I did see I liked generally and some draft experts liked him in this general range of picks as well.