News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,048 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2175 on: March 06, 2015, 03:59:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on March 06, 2015, 03:39:52 PM
March 6, 2015.   This day will live in infamy.  I just heard Len Casper praising BCB and Al Yellon.  

It's Spring Training. Nobody's in shape yet, not even Len.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2177 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:32 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2015, 09:18:13 AM
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/8/8172945/cubs-rangers-recap-kyle-schwarber-ballpark-food-mlb-scores

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

HE SCREENSHOT THE SLOAN PARK WEBSITE PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST. NO ONE GETS BETWEEN AL AND HIS BOLOGNA
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2178 on: March 09, 2015, 09:40:30 AM »
Quote from: SKO on March 09, 2015, 09:31:32 AM
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/8/8172945/cubs-rangers-recap-kyle-schwarber-ballpark-food-mlb-scores

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

HE SCREENSHOT THE SLOAN PARK WEBSITE PROHIBITED ITEMS LIST. NO ONE GETS BETWEEN AL AND HIS BOLOGNA

I would gladly eat my burrito before entering the ballpark if it meant Al's asshurt over not being able to bring his sammich with the crusts cut off. And you know he does that shit.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2179 on: March 09, 2015, 09:45:03 AM »

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

No more Mister Nice Yellon.

QuoteAnd no, I'm not going to be nice about it.

YOU'RE A DEAD MAN, KENNEY.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2180 on: March 09, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 09, 2015, 09:45:03 AM

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

I can picture Al standing outside the stadium, quickly wolfing down his sandwich before declaring: "THIS BREAKS ALL BARGAINS!"

Update. There will be a reckoning. A RECKONING!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2181 on: March 09, 2015, 10:11:49 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 09, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

I can picture Al standing outside the stadium, quickly wolfing down his sandwich before declaring: "THIS BREAKS ALL BARGAINS!"

This will interest Deadspin. It may interest Craig Calcaterra.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2182 on: March 09, 2015, 10:47:06 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 09, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

I would love Deadspin's headline to read "Bleed Cubbie Blue has an idiot running the site. You won't believe what happens next."
TIME TO POST!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2183 on: March 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM »
Fucking Christ: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/9/8176149/cubs-allow-food-sloan-park

QuoteThe recap to Sunday's game included a great deal about Cubs fans being prevented from bringing personal food items like sandwiches, peanuts and sunflower seeds into Sloan Park.

I'm here to tell you that's changing, effective for today's game. Cubs Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs Julian Green contacted me by phone Monday morning to let me know that any fans coming to today's game and future games at Sloan Park will be able to bring small food items in. Green said, "The Cubs apologize for any inconvenience to fans during Sunday's game and will continue to honor the longtime ballpark tradition of bringing personal food items into the park."

Thanks to Julian Green and Cubs management for being proactive on this issue and for acting quickly to restore something that, as noted, is a time-honored tradition not only at spring-training parks, but at major-league stadiums as well.

Thought you'd all like to know.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2184 on: March 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM
Fucking Christ: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/9/8176149/cubs-allow-food-sloan-park

QuoteThe recap to Sunday's game included a great deal about Cubs fans being prevented from bringing personal food items like sandwiches, peanuts and sunflower seeds into Sloan Park.

I'm here to tell you that's changing, effective for today's game. Cubs Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs Julian Green contacted me by phone Monday morning to let me know that any fans coming to today's game and future games at Sloan Park will be able to bring small food items in. Green said, "The Cubs apologize for any inconvenience to fans during Sunday's game and will continue to honor the longtime ballpark tradition of bringing personal food items into the park."

Thanks to Julian Green and Cubs management for being proactive on this issue and for acting quickly to restore something that, as noted, is a time-honored tradition not only at spring-training parks, but at major-league stadiums as well.

I know Al's a penis and we should all spend most of our time thinking about how much we hate him, but if the Cubs were indeed trying to change this policy on the fly and Al himself got them to change it, that's actually a feather in whatever cap he's got constricting blood flow to his temples right now. His record in that particular piece of headgear is one giant middle finger against zero losses.

Now, if this was merely some uninformed or misinformed stadium employee who gave Al a hard time and he took it all the way up to Julian Green, then we've got ourselves a thing. A thing, I tell you.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2185 on: March 09, 2015, 12:38:09 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM

I know Al's a penis and we should all spend most of our time thinking about how much we hate him, but if the Cubs were indeed trying to change this policy on the fly and Al himself got them to change it, that's actually a feather in whatever cap he's got constricting blood flow to his temples right now. His record in that particular piece of headgear is one giant middle finger against zero losses.

Now, if this was merely some uninformed or misinformed stadium employee who gave Al a hard time and he took it all the way up to Julian Green, then we've got ourselves a thing. A thing, I tell you.

Of course they were going to change the policy. It was a dumb policy (if it was even a policy in the first place).

The important part is there's been a decade-long meme about Al bringing bologna sandwiches to the park and yesterday he completely lost his shit over not being able to bring a sandwich into the park. I remain entertained.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2186 on: March 09, 2015, 12:41:00 PM »
Quote from: Eli on March 09, 2015, 12:38:09 PM

Of course they were going to change the policy. It was a dumb policy (if it was even a policy in the first place).

The important part is there's been a decade-long meme about Al bringing bologna sandwiches to the park and yesterday he completely lost his shit over not being able to bring a sandwich into the park. I remain entertained.

Yeah, it's not that the policy was ever a good idea. It was just Al's so very Al-like response and the confirmation of a meme that made it great.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2187 on: March 09, 2015, 12:43:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on March 09, 2015, 12:41:00 PM

Yeah, it's not that the policy was ever a good idea. It was just Al's so very Al-like response and the confirmation of a meme that made it great.

Now I almost want to give him tickets to a Bulls or Blackhawks game so he can see a place where there actually is a "no outside food" policy in place and strictly enforced.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2188 on: March 09, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 09, 2015, 12:43:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on March 09, 2015, 12:41:00 PM

Now I almost want to give him tickets to a Bulls or Blackhawks game so he can see a place where there actually is a "no outside food" policy in place and strictly enforced.

Honestly it was news to me that baseball stadiums still allowed outside food. I just assumed any place with food vendors doesn't allow outside food these days.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2189 on: March 09, 2015, 12:52:04 PM »

So very much this.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs