News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,074 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #2190 on: March 09, 2015, 12:58:53 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 09, 2015, 12:52:04 PM
Quote from: Eli on March 09, 2015, 12:38:09 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on March 09, 2015, 12:33:47 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 09, 2015, 12:13:34 PM
Fucking Christ: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/9/8176149/cubs-allow-food-sloan-park

QuoteThe recap to Sunday's game included a great deal about Cubs fans being prevented from bringing personal food items like sandwiches, peanuts and sunflower seeds into Sloan Park.

I'm here to tell you that's changing, effective for today's game. Cubs Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs Julian Green contacted me by phone Monday morning to let me know that any fans coming to today's game and future games at Sloan Park will be able to bring small food items in. Green said, "The Cubs apologize for any inconvenience to fans during Sunday's game and will continue to honor the longtime ballpark tradition of bringing personal food items into the park."

Thanks to Julian Green and Cubs management for being proactive on this issue and for acting quickly to restore something that, as noted, is a time-honored tradition not only at spring-training parks, but at major-league stadiums as well.

Thought you'd all like to know.

I know Al's a penis and we should all spend most of our time thinking about how much we hate him, but if the Cubs were indeed trying to change this policy on the fly and Al himself got them to change it, that's actually a feather in whatever cap he's got constricting blood flow to his temples right now. His record in that particular piece of headgear is one giant middle finger against zero losses.

Now, if this was merely some uninformed or misinformed stadium employee who gave Al a hard time and he took it all the way up to Julian Green, then we've got ourselves a thing. A thing, I tell you.

Of course they were going to change the policy. It was a dumb policy (if it was even a policy in the first place).

The important part is there's been a decade-long meme about Al bringing bologna sandwiches to the park and yesterday he completely lost his shit over not being able to bring a sandwich into the park. I remain entertained.

So very much this.

Not to mention, 18 paragraphs, if you include the excerpt regarding Turner Field, before actual baseball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2191 on: March 09, 2015, 01:29:22 PM »
Fucking Christ: http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2015/3/9/8176149/cubs-allow-food-sloan-park

QuoteThe recap to Sunday's game included a great deal about Cubs fans being prevented from bringing personal food items like sandwiches, peanuts and sunflower seeds into Sloan Park.

I'm here to tell you that's changing, effective for today's game. Cubs Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs Julian Green contacted me by phone Monday morning to let me know that any fans coming to today's game and future games at Sloan Park will be able to bring small food items in. Green said, "The Cubs apologize for any inconvenience to fans during Sunday's game and will continue to honor the longtime ballpark tradition of bringing personal food items into the park."

Thanks to Julian Green and Cubs management for being proactive on this issue and for acting quickly to restore something that, as noted, is a time-honored tradition not only at spring-training parks, but at major-league stadiums as well.

I know Al's a penis and we should all spend most of our time thinking about how much we hate him, but if the Cubs were indeed trying to change this policy on the fly and Al himself got them to change it, that's actually a feather in whatever cap he's got constricting blood flow to his temples right now. His record in that particular piece of headgear is one giant middle finger against zero losses.

Now, if this was merely some uninformed or misinformed stadium employee who gave Al a hard time and he took it all the way up to Julian Green, then we've got ourselves a thing. A thing, I tell you.

Of course they were going to change the policy. It was a dumb policy (if it was even a policy in the first place).

The important part is there's been a decade-long meme about Al bringing bologna sandwiches to the park and yesterday he completely lost his shit over not being able to bring a sandwich into the park. I remain entertained.

So very much this.

I'm only sad that this was settled before RV could bring up the old meme of Huey smuggling slices of NY pizza into Wrigley in his fanny pack.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2192 on: March 09, 2015, 01:35:21 PM »
Quote from: Fork on March 09, 2015, 12:58:53 PM

So very much this.

Not to mention, 18 paragraphs, if you include the excerpt regarding Turner Field, before actual baseball.

Ok, I get it. It's funny.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2193 on: March 09, 2015, 02:20:14 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on March 09, 2015, 01:35:21 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 09, 2015, 12:58:53 PM

So very much this.

Ok, I get it. It's funny.

Now THIS is funny.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2194 on: March 09, 2015, 02:46:45 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 09, 2015, 01:29:22 PM

So very much this.

I'm only sad that this was settled before RV could bring up the old meme of Huey smuggling slices of NY pizza into Wrigley in his fanny pack.

New York pizza? Pfft. That shithole town WISHES it could manufacture Slices as Big as Bundy FountainTM like Huey's beloved Bacci Pizzeria. And you forgot the part about Huey balancing the free cola that comes with it under a comically oversized bike helmet as he carefully plods into the ballpark.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2195 on: March 23, 2015, 06:48:50 PM »
That Al wasn't even mentioned in this article, let alone quoted, should win Paul Sullivan some sort of award for restraint and taste.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2196 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on March 23, 2015, 06:48:50 PM
That Al wasn't even mentioned in this article, let alone quoted, should win Paul Sullivan some sort of award for restraint and taste.

So, The Cubs offered these fucknuts three perfectly viable options and these assholes are still pissed off? Lousy Smarch weather.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2197 on: April 06, 2015, 10:11:41 PM »
I've found Al's soulmate:

The self-proclaimed Food Babe.  Not bad, but wait.

QuoteMoreover, the tireless crusader for transparency doesn't want you to pay attention to the bullshit behind the curtain. And it's not just when scientists point it out in the news–it's when anybody questions her on her Facebook page.

There's a group on Facebook called " Banned By Food Babe" that boasts nearly 6,000 members. Reasons for being banned include "I asked for her qualifications" and "I pointed out that water was a chemical." Some members of the page were former fans of hers who were banned when they asked questions of clarification. Any dissent couldn't possibly have merit within the ranks of the Food Babe Army.

It's love at first ban.  Hope she likes the bleachers and bologna.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2198 on: April 07, 2015, 09:03:28 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 06, 2015, 10:11:41 PM

QuoteMoreover, the tireless crusader for transparency doesn't want you to pay attention to the bullshit behind the curtain. And it's not just when scientists point it out in the news–it's when anybody questions her on her Facebook page.

There's a group on Facebook called " Banned By Food Babe" that boasts nearly 6,000 members. Reasons for being banned include "I asked for her qualifications" and "I pointed out that water was a chemical." Some members of the page were former fans of hers who were banned when they asked questions of clarification. Any dissent couldn't possibly have merit within the ranks of the Food Babe Army.

I had never heard of her before and now I wish it had stayed that way. What an awful human being.
That write up was an awesome take down though.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2199 on: April 07, 2015, 09:50:47 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 06, 2015, 10:11:41 PM

And premature ejaculation.
TIME TO POST!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2200 on: May 11, 2015, 05:12:58 PM »
Well played by our old friend, MGRW. 

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2201 on: May 11, 2015, 05:27:22 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 11, 2015, 05:12:58 PM
Well played by our old friend, MGRW. 

I'm lol-ing...
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2202 on: May 12, 2015, 01:54:35 PM »
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2203 on: July 25, 2015, 05:04:53 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2015, 01:54:35 PM

Al is rooting hard for Hamels to finish the no-hitter and MAKE SOME HISTORY AT WRIGALEY FEILD

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2204 on: July 25, 2015, 09:55:49 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 25, 2015, 05:04:53 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 12, 2015, 01:54:35 PM

Al is rooting hard for Hamels to finish the no-hitter and MAKE SOME HISTORY AT WRIGALEY FEILD

Water: wet; sky: blue.

QuoteFor those of us who took pride in the Cubs getting this far without being no-hit, we at least had the consolation of seeing baseball history.

QuoteNow, what do the Phillies do? Hamels has been the subject of many trade rumors -- including being sent to the Cubs -- but what kind of message do they send to their fanbase if they trade him right after he throws a no-hitter?

Uh, the message that "We realize we're awful so we're doing the right thing and acquiring as much talent for the future as we can in return for the pieces we have that won't help us win anything?"  Still amazing they keep someone that clueless in that position at SB Nation.

QuoteFor me, it was my third no-hitter. I saw Jack Morris of the Tigers no-hit the White Sox on April 7, 1984 and, of course, Carlos Zambrano's no-no against the Astros in Milwaukee September 14, 2008. I'm not happy the Cubs lost, as they need to start piling up wins, and need one Sunday to avoid getting swept in this series, but at least I can say I witnessed one of the best pitching performances in recent history.

Yes, at least we saw one of the best pitching performances in recent history beat the Cubs as they fell behind in the playoff race for the first time in weeks.  Wouldn't it be historical if Aaron Nola no-hit them tomorrow too?  I know what I'm rooting for!