News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Pollyellon banned me  ( 370,184 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Pollyellon banned me
« Reply #480 on: December 19, 2008, 05:58:23 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 19, 2008, 02:08:10 AM
If I hadn't followed Irish Yeti's link, I probably wouldn't have known about this for several weeks.

YELLON HATES THE TROOPS!
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: December 19, 2008, 06:58:55 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2008, 05:58:23 AM
If I hadn't followed Irish Yeti's link, I probably wouldn't have known about this for several weeks.

YELLON HATES THE TROOPS!

FORK IS RIGHT! It's one thing to ban a little faggot like myself, but to ban a respected military man? What a douche

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: December 19, 2008, 07:43:17 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 19, 2008, 06:58:55 AM

YELLON HATES THE TROOPS!

FORK IS RIGHT! It's one thing to ban a little faggot like myself, but to ban a respected military man? What a douche

An Officer and a Gentleman, no less.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: December 19, 2008, 08:05:33 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2008, 07:43:17 AM

YELLON HATES THE TROOPS!

That girl is hot as dick.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: December 19, 2008, 08:11:52 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on December 19, 2008, 08:05:33 AM
Quote from: Fork on December 19, 2008, 07:43:17 AM

YELLON HATES THE TROOPS!

Well surely that can't be the correct analogy...

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: December 19, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on December 19, 2008, 08:05:33 AM

You got that right.  Every single dude in that section is staring at her with a look of pure joy.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: December 19, 2008, 12:00:07 PM »
I have never asked the FBI to send me my file out of fear that they won't have one on me.  For the same reason I won't even try to join Bleed Cubbie Blue out of fear that they will let me.   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: December 19, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »
Compare, if you will, my parody BCB guidelines from this past August...

Quote from: Thrillho on August 15, 2008, 01:56:11 PMAt BCB, we believe strongly in free speech and in celebrating a diversity of people and of ideas that AL YELLON agrees with. Users are, in general but not in particular, free to express their opinions without fear of retribution, only in fear of having their posting histories deleted in their entirety. The diversity of personalities, beliefs, and styles of people who agree with AL YELLON is exactly what makes BCB the strong and vibrant community of people who agree with AL YELLON that it has become. I pledge to you as proprietor of this site (all that "we" stuff above: bullshit), that I believe in this and want to keep BCB free and open to everyone who agrees with me. In keeping with that pledge, I promise to all of you that I will not delete posts unless I decide to, and will not "censor" in any way, shape or form unless it is either a blatant violation of these guidelines or just something that really, really, really bugs me.

Consistent with its baseball roots, when it comes to violations of the Community Guidelines, BCB works on a version of "1 strike and you're out with no warnings whatsoever and no explanation given if AL YELLON deems you unacceptable." Complaints about possible violations of the Community Guidelines or just petty complaints in general should be directed to Al for review and consideration and immediate deletion of posting history if he decides that you totally bug him.

With the current incarnation of the genuine article...

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/special/community

QuoteAt BCB, we believe strongly in free speech and in celebrating a diversity of people and of ideas. Users are, in general, free to express their opinions without fear of retribution. The diversity of personalities, beliefs, and styles is exactly what makes BCB the strong and vibrant community that it has become. I pledge to you as proprietor of this site, that I believe in this and want to keep BCB free and open to everyone. In keeping with that pledge, I promise to all of you that I will not delete posts, and will not "censor" in any way, shape or form unless it is a blatant violation of these guidelines. However, in such cases, I reserve the right to delete posts without notice.

Consistent with its baseball roots, when it comes to violations of the Community Guidelines, BCB works on a version of ?3 strikes and you're out. Complaints about possible violations of the Community Guidelines should be directed to Al for review and consideration.

I will aim to balance a high tolerance for the importance of free speech and low tolerance for minor or petty complaints, with enforcement of the stated guidelines on behalf of the entire BCB community.

Strike 1: If a violation has occurred, the offending user will be contacted privately and issued a formal strike 1 warning. No other action is taken.
Strike 2: A second violation through this process triggers a strike 2 warning, meaning you?re going to have to watch what you?re doing, because I?ll be watching.
Strike 3: A third violation through this process means some sort of action will be taken. That might be as simple as me contacting you and asking you to "chill out". Or, it might result in you being banned from BCB.

I really don't want to do this, and would only do it in extreme situations; for example, if it seems clear that you have as your primary motive disrupting and/or upsetting the community. In that case, I reserve the right to ban you BEFORE going through the three-strike process.

If I'm not mistaken*, the bolded parts were added at some point after this summer's "unpleasantness."

Perhaps in the immediate wake of ChuckD's friendly letters to Al and his SBNation superiors.

"Um, Al? It seems you blatantly violated your own "community" guidelines here. I suggest you take it upon yourself to change these rules to match your actions. After all, BCB is only 'intended to feel primarily democratic,' right?"

*The most recent version of this page at the Wayback Machine is from last February, but it seems to bear my memory out.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: December 20, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
Hmmm. Maybe Al's just bitter because he never received his 2008 Cubs Club membership card. I mean, what's the point in having a Cubs Club membership if you can't show it off?

Lest you think him a sucker, though, rest assured that Al will not be upgrading Cubs Club tiers...

QuoteThe other levels have things that are worthwhile, but in this economy they are WAY overpriced.

Well, not until the economy picks up, anyways.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: December 23, 2008, 12:53:10 PM »
Quote from: djkkt6 on December 23, 2008, 11:17:27 AM
Ahahahaha, I love this mockery of Al's lame ass "name that Cub" thing he's been doing. 

http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2008/12/23/700478/tuesday-morning-name-that

Good thing that Al doesn't recognize sarcasm.  And I confirmed that with several sources in teh shoutbox.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: December 26, 2008, 12:26:30 PM »
I didn't even take two steps and my second name, Visanthe, was banned. What a douche:

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: December 26, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
How does he know all of this?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: December 26, 2008, 02:08:08 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on December 26, 2008, 01:49:00 PM

Probably some combination of

1) Hit counters usually can tell the website that a user was on before he came to your site, so he'd just look at any new user to see where they came from.  Desipio or HJE = ban, sight unseen.

2) ShoutBox.  It's public, and anyone can go in there and just watch.   Anyone who talks about posting at BCB gets pre-emptively banned by the Editor-in-Chief.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: December 26, 2008, 06:40:48 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on December 26, 2008, 12:26:30 PM
I didn't even take two steps and my second name, Visanthe, was banned. What a douche:

Must've been jealous of the avatar?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: December 27, 2008, 11:01:14 PM »
Quote from: Zed on December 26, 2008, 02:08:08 PM
Quote from: Dave B on December 26, 2008, 01:49:00 PM

Probably some combination of

1) Hit counters usually can tell the website that a user was on before he came to your site, so he'd just look at any new user to see where they came from.  Desipio or HJE = ban, sight unseen.

2) ShoutBox.  It's public, and anyone can go in there and just watch.   Anyone who talks about posting at BCB gets pre-emptively banned by the Editor-in-Chief.

For someone whose job is to attract readership, that's pretty stupid to categorically deny an entire population of potential readers.  Also, he's a fucking Nazi.  Fuck him.