News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Happening  ( 23,359 )

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
The Happening
« on: May 26, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »
Saw a few trailers about this one and the "Red Band" trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ort07zcUs7g) looks pretty balls.

I'm worried that this might be some Al Gore global warming nonsense, though.  Anybody know any more info?
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Happening
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 09:06:48 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 26, 2008, 08:46:00 AM
Saw a few trailers about this one and the "Red Band" trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ort07zcUs7g) looks pretty balls.

I'm worried that this might be some Al Gore global warming nonsense, though.  Anybody know any more info?

If this is the new M. Night Shalayman movie

--------------------SPOILER------------------------------

It's the plants.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
I read that, too CT.  It makes me think that it might not totally be all global warmingy, but I might wait a week or so to see thoughts from others.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »
After reading that early review whoever it was posted in the Shoutbox a while back, this movie just sounds stupid.  I believe he said Mark Wahlberg gives one of the worst performances in the history of film.

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 11:18:24 AM »
Rather than see this movie, I think I'd prefer to have a happening ... in my pants.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 11:34:16 AM »
Quote from: KurtEvans on May 26, 2008, 11:18:24 AM
Rather than see this movie, I think I'd prefer to have a happening ... in my pants.

I don't think I'd rather crap my pants than see this movie
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 07:50:46 AM »
I liked Signs and The Sixth Sense, but M. Night's others haven't been so great.  Lady in the Water was random, I thought, but the wife liked it.  The Village was barely watchable.

This one looked promising, but I don't want to be subjected to an ecofest.  I get that everyday from the media and Home Depot commercials.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 09:21:23 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 27, 2008, 07:50:46 AM
This one looked promising

Uh...

Quote"The Happening" is a terrible, terrible movie. I mean, it's bad on an epic scale. It's so bad that I can't possibly tell you how bad it is without understating the point or making it sound like I'm picking on the film. But let me stress: this is not pent-up Shyamalan aggression or a desire to see him fail. This is bad in a jaw-dropping "they can't really be serious, can they?" kind of way.

http://www.collider.com/entertainment/reviews/article.asp?aid=7903&tcid=1

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2008, 09:28:29 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 27, 2008, 09:21:23 AM

Uh...

Quote"The Happening" is a terrible, terrible awful, awful movie. I mean, it's bad on an epic scale. It's so bad that I can't possibly tell you how bad it is without understating the point or making it sound like I'm picking on the film. But let me stress: this is not pent-up Shyamalan aggression or a desire to see him fail. This is bad in a jaw-dropping "they can't really be serious, can they?" kind of way.

Chucked.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »

Uh...

Quote"The Happening" is a terrible, terrible movie. I mean, it's bad on an epic scale. It's so bad that I can't possibly tell you how bad it is without understating the point or making it sound like I'm picking on the film. But let me stress: this is not pent-up Shyamalan aggression or a desire to see him fail. This is bad in a jaw-dropping "they can't really be serious, can they?" kind of way.

Thanks RV.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 27, 2008, 10:16:44 AM

Uh...

Thanks RV.

If you were ever in teh shoutbox, you'd have known how terrible it was weeks ago
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 10:27:09 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 27, 2008, 10:25:06 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on May 27, 2008, 10:16:44 AM

Uh...

Thanks RV.

If you were ever in teh shoutbox, you'd have known how terrible it was weeks ago I miss your musk

Reading between the lines'd
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2008, 10:54:24 AM »

Uh...

RV, I think we should go see this, and I'm only half kidding.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2008, 11:11:53 AM »
6th sense and Unbreakable were good.  Signs blew.  The Village sucked on a Nefian level.

M. Night Shamalamdingdong is an overrated hack.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2008, 11:23:03 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on May 27, 2008, 11:11:53 AM
6th sense and Unbreakable were good.  Signs blew.  The Village sucked on a Nefian level.

M. Night Shamalamdingdong is an overrated hack.

I thought Signs was good until the end.  Thankfully, I did not see The Village as I heard it was terrible.  I did, however, see Lady In the Water, but honestly cannot remember a single thing about it other than there being a wolf of some sort in it and I don't even have the excuse of sleeping through the movie.