News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Wanted  ( 7,432 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Wanted
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:24:54 AM »
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=35145213

Looks like it could be incredibly good or historically bad.  I'm rooting for the former.  Nothing says "summer" like an over the top violent shoot 'em up.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 10:43:27 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on June 04, 2008, 08:24:54 AM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=35145213

Looks like it could be incredibly good or historically bad or maybe somewhere in between.  I'm rooting for the former.  Nothing says "summer" like an over the top violent shoot 'em up.

BC'ed.

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
They filmed it here (Chicago) last summer. So that's neat.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 11:11:40 PM »
Just got back from seeing it, and all I can say is that it was absolutely ridiculous...ly awesome.  I guess I didn't read this thread earlier and see it was filmed in Chicago, so that was a pleasant surprise.  If you guys liked Shoot Em' Up, you'll probably enjoy this.  The action is absolutely absurd and over-the-top and there is just some downright cool stuff.  Just go in expecting nothing but unrealistic action and even some humor and you'll enjoy it.

Chuckosan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 08:27:28 AM »
Star Wars plus the Matrix with some Kill Bill and a hint of Office Space.

On the plus, the action and plot was so ridiculously over the top it was silly.  A very fun silly.

On the minus, the two best looking hings in the movie were wasted.  Angelina "now-waify-and-no-longer-voluptuous" Jolie does nothing other than flash her tattooed ass for half a second.  And Chicago is wasted as a backdrop.  Granted only the Fugitive and Blues Brothers have really used the city effectively.

Although it was fun to see Mr. Tumnus use the ATM just south of Wrigley.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 10:05:27 AM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 28, 2008, 08:27:28 AM

On the plus, the action and plot was so ridiculously over the top it was silly.  A very fun silly.

On the minus, the two best looking hings in the movie were wasted.  Angelina "now-waify-and-no-longer-voluptuous" Jolie does nothing other than flash her tattooed ass for half a second.  And Chicago is wasted as a backdrop.  Granted only the Fugitive and Blues Brothers have really used the city effectively.

I was trying to figure out where his apartment was in that movie.  Most of it seemed to take place on the northwest side, but I'm not sure.  The most use they got out of Chicago as a set piece was the El.  They were on or showing that thing for a good half of the movie.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 12:44:53 PM »
Just caught if off the internets this weekend.  Really fun movie.  100 times better than Shoot Em Up. 
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 09:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Chuckosan on June 28, 2008, 08:27:28 AM

On the minus, the two best looking hings in the movie were wasted.  Angelina "now-waify-and-no-longer-voluptuous" Jolie does nothing other than flash her tattooed ass for half a second.  And Chicago is wasted as a backdrop.  Granted only the Fugitive, Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Blues Brothers have really used the city effectively.

Hughes'd
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 04:34:52 PM »
Saw it last night and gotta agree with it being a very entertaining movie.  The oddest thing I thought was that they actually took Chicago off the cop cars.  I do like how they showed a dirtier side of the city instead of obvious landmarks. 

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »
Quote from: Poon on July 11, 2008, 04:34:52 PM
Saw it last night and gotta agree with it being a very entertaining movie.  The oddest thing I thought was that they actually took Chicago off the cop cars.  I do like how they showed a dirtier side of the city instead of obvious landmarks. 

They showed every building from Clark between Belmont and Addison without showing Wrigley field.  Saw the movie last night and thought it was a double portion of steak balls , but I'm really looking forward to other Chicago movie coming next week (the trailer for Dark Night was the last trailer for the film).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »
I finally saw it, and agree wholeheartedly.  This movie was cool.  If you're going to make a pure action movie, go balls out.  This movie definitely did just that.
Hire Jim Essian!

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 08:06:16 AM »
I actually finally saw this a couple weekends ago.  I thought it was solid, if not really good.  I'm not one of Angelina Jolie's biggest fans, but I had a raging boner for her throughout this movie.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 13, 2009, 08:06:16 AM
I actually finally saw this a couple weekends ago.  I thought it was solid, if not really good.  I'm not one of Angelina Jolie's biggest fans, but I had a raging boner for her throughout this movie.

Really?  I actually agree with Chuck on this one.  I thought she looked way too skinny.
Hire Jim Essian!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:54:00 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 13, 2009, 10:34:40 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 13, 2009, 08:06:16 AM

Really?  I actually agree with Chuck on this one.  I thought she looked way too skinny.

She's adopted Somalian eating habits.

But the movie rocked.  And she, or her double, has a nice can.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 12:10:06 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on January 13, 2009, 11:54:00 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 13, 2009, 10:34:40 AM

She's adopted Somalian eating habits.
And about 15 kids or so.

She does have a nice pooper.  Some meat on the rest of her would be nice.