News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes  ( 13,750 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 10:45:29 AM »
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:45:10 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:40:24 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:23:28 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:05:34 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 07:42:18 AM
Does anyone have a link?

http://www.last.fm/music/Fleet+Foxes

Boom.

Cool.  Free at last. 

FM. 

They're from Seattle.  What's up with that, yo?

And it's only giving me 30 second samples.  I'd prefer the whole song. 

You'd probably have to go MySpace then.

And do what?

They'll have full songs there. Or sign on to IM after 5 pm and I can send you the songs. I'm that cool.

IM?  Link?  What site is that?  I don't know what that is.  I'm not that cool.

Just kidding.  I went to the myspace area and found their songs in full.

Then I JO'd.

Took all of 48 seconds and I have you to thank for it.  And Fork.

Do you have 2 minutes to complete a survey on the technical support you received?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 25, 2008, 10:45:29 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:50:49 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:45:10 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:40:24 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 08:23:28 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 25, 2008, 08:05:34 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 07:42:18 AM
Does anyone have a link?

http://www.last.fm/music/Fleet+Foxes

Boom.

Cool.  Free at last. 

FM. 

They're from Seattle.  What's up with that, yo?

And it's only giving me 30 second samples.  I'd prefer the whole song. 

You'd probably have to go MySpace then.

And do what?

They'll have full songs there. Or sign on to IM after 5 pm and I can send you the songs. I'm that cool.

IM?  Link?  What site is that?  I don't know what that is.  I'm not that cool.

Just kidding.  I went to the myspace area and found their songs in full.

Then I JO'd.

Took all of 48 seconds and I have you to thank for it.  And Fork.

Do you have 2 minutes to complete a survey on the technical support you received?

I could JO 6 or 7 times in 2 minutes, Fork.  Once I get on a roll and all.  I got no time for surveys unless it's over the phone.  Will I be talking to you?  What are you wearing?  Geez, I gotta run, CRAP, too late, it's over.  Ok, ya got about 7 seconds until the next one.  GO!
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 10:49:49 AM

I could JO 6 or 7 times in 2 minutes, Fork.  Once I get on a roll and all.  I got no time for surveys unless it's over the phone.  Will I be talking to you?  What are you wearing?  Geez, I gotta run, CRAP, too late, it's over.  Ok, ya got about 7 seconds until the next one.  GO!

Our survey is pretty basic:

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2008, 11:00:29 AM »
Quote from: Fork on September 25, 2008, 10:57:24 AM
Quote from: JD on September 25, 2008, 10:49:49 AM

Our survey is pretty basic:

Got any hands-free surveys?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2010, 11:09:29 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on September 20, 2008, 09:47:34 AM
Quote from: powen01 on September 20, 2008, 12:22:56 AM
Quote from: 5laky on September 19, 2008, 11:59:37 PM
Quote from: Eli on September 19, 2008, 07:02:16 PM
Quote from: ChuckDickens on June 07, 2008, 02:11:10 PM
I think this is the happiest CD I've ever heard. Any description I could give you wouldn't do it justice.

Check it out.

Just grabbed it based off a few other recommendations.  Really good upon the first listen.  They've got a sound that calls back to a lot of more classic-type folk music, but it doesn't sound like they're trying to emulate anyone.  Very cool.

Yeah, it's really good stuff. I also like the little paragraph in the liner notes about how he writes the songs.

It sounds kindof like My Morning Jacket.  His voice does at least...  I don't know, it's good though.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

It definitely does....but now that MMJ has decided to suck royally (blasphemy) I'll take this. Plus they harmonize a lot more.

You know, Slak, sometimes I hate what you choose to be.  Not often, but times like this.

Of course I'm now on your side about KOL, so who knows.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:21 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 12, 2010, 11:09:29 AM
I think this is the happiest CD I've ever heard. Any description I could give you wouldn't do it justice.

Check it out.

Just grabbed it based off a few other recommendations.  Really good upon the first listen.  They've got a sound that calls back to a lot of more classic-type folk music, but it doesn't sound like they're trying to emulate anyone.  Very cool.

Yeah, it's really good stuff. I also like the little paragraph in the liner notes about how he writes the songs.

It sounds kindof like My Morning Jacket.  His voice does at least...  I don't know, it's good though.  Thanks for the recommendation. 

It definitely does....but now that MMJ has decided to suck royally (blasphemy) I'll take this. Plus they harmonize a lot more.

You know, Slak, sometimes I hate what you choose to be.  Not often, but times like this.

I really didn't care for the last MMJ album. A lot of people did and that's fine. I certainly don't share the same kind of disdain for MMJ that I do for KOL. MMJ just made an album that was too upbeat for my tastes. I thought that Z had a great rocking feel to it and some of the previous albums had some nice moments. But this one didn't do it for me.

There's a huge difference between making a subpar album and striving to become the next teenage girl fantasy. If you've seen KOL live, you know that they suck. They don't deviate from the record at all. They play the same goddamn set on every stop of a given tour. They choreograph their crowd interactions (hey, let's take a shot with the crowd in between these two songs).

They suck and they blatantly sold out. MMJ just disappointed me. I don't hate them.

Hope that clears things up.

Love,
Slaky

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2010, 12:17:48 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 12, 2010, 12:11:21 PM

Check it out.

I really didn't care for the last MMJ album. A lot of people did and that's fine. I certainly don't share the same kind of disdain for MMJ that I do for KOL. MMJ just made an album that was too upbeat for my tastes. I thought that Z had a great rocking feel to it and some of the previous albums had some nice moments. But this one didn't do it for me.

There's a huge difference between making a subpar album and striving to become the next teenage girl fantasy. If you've seen KOL live, you know that they suck. They don't deviate from the record at all. They play the same goddamn set on every stop of a given tour. They choreograph their crowd interactions (hey, let's take a shot with the crowd in between these two songs).

They suck and they blatantly sold out. MMJ just disappointed me. I don't hate them.

Love,
Slaky

BH is going to kick your ass.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2010, 01:37:43 PM »

Check it out.

Love,
Slaky

So you hate them so much you've seen them multiple times on their current tour?
Lots of bands play the same setlist every night. Lots of bands aren't really that interesting, they have an image, that's it,
so having things choreographed makes it easy for them, and they can get hammered/drugged up to get through their set.
That being said, I don't see such bands more than once on any given tour. 
I wish the regrets were able to sell out. Beats my current job with Huey's brother.

MMJ, on the other hand, is the best mainstream live band out there.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 01:41:50 PM »
Quote from: BH on January 12, 2010, 01:37:43 PM

Check it out.

Love,
Slaky

Lots of bands play the same setlist every night. Lots of bands aren't really that interesting, they have an image, that's it,
so having things choreographed makes it easy for them, and they can get hammered/drugged up to get through their set.
I wish the regrets were able to sell out. Beats my current job with Huey's brother.

BH is right.

Also, can we go back to talking about Fleet Foxes, who are totally awesome?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »

Check it out.

Love,
Slaky

All I had to do was look up their setlists on this crazy thing called the internet you douchelion. They don't get drugged up because they quit all that shit and now they play crappy music.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 12, 2010, 01:49:53 PM

Check it out.

Love,
Slaky

All I had to do was look up their setlists on this crazy thing called the internet you douchelion. They don't get drugged up because they quit all that shit and now they play crappy music.

It's crazy that sites track this shit.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 02:05:53 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 12, 2010, 01:41:50 PM

Gladly.

Fleet Foxes are indeed awesome.

That's my contribution, I guess.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
This Slaky/BH conflict is the most interesting thing to ever happen in the "You know why critics like Elvis Costello" area.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 02:41:21 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 12, 2010, 02:05:53 PM
Quote from: Oleg on January 12, 2010, 01:41:50 PM

Gladly.

Fleet Foxes are indeed awesome.

That's my contribution, I guess.

We can just all agree on this and move on.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
So are you snobby douchewobbles gonna fling poo at me for saying that their one single that I've been hearing lately reminds me of the Moody Blues and that that's not a bad thing? 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)