News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Generation Kill  ( 9,772 )

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Generation Kill
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2009, 02:44:40 PM »
Quote from: CT III on December 02, 2009, 02:31:49 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 02, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 02, 2009, 12:29:47 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 30, 2009, 10:45:02 AM
I watched about 5 hours of Generation Kill last night.  I love it.  Brad's rants against Ray's "whiskey tango" lifestyle are priceless.  It definitely has a Band of Brothers feel, especially in the conflict between the incompetent platoon leaders and the more-intelligent grunts.  The writer for Rolling Stone has some brass balls.  If you're thinking of watching this On Demand from Comcast, do it this week.  It looks like it expires on December 7th.

Kerm, if you thought the series was good, the book is better (well, without all the pretty pictures and explosions and such).  I've actually only seen the first three or four in the HBO series, but the book was amazing.  Also, the phrase "combat jack" is awesome.

There's only seven in the HBO series.  You should finish what you've started.

Like the list of the greatest Cub-killers of all time.

He's writing one of those too?  SHIT!
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Generation Kill
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2009, 04:12:33 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 02, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on December 02, 2009, 12:29:47 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 30, 2009, 10:45:02 AM
I watched about 5 hours of Generation Kill last night.  I love it.  Brad's rants against Ray's "whiskey tango" lifestyle are priceless.  It definitely has a Band of Brothers feel, especially in the conflict between the incompetent platoon leaders and the more-intelligent grunts.  The writer for Rolling Stone has some brass balls.  If you're thinking of watching this On Demand from Comcast, do it this week.  It looks like it expires on December 7th.

Kerm, if you thought the series was good, the book is better (well, without all the pretty pictures and explosions and such).  I've actually only seen the first three or four in the HBO series, but the book was amazing.  Also, the phrase "combat jack" is awesome.

There's only seven in the HBO series.  You should finish what you've started.

You said they were OnDemand, right?  I don't have Comcast, but I wonder if it holds true for my provider (COX).  I really am a dope for not finishing it.  I had them recorded, but EIAN erased them from teh DVR contraption.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"