News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fringe  ( 18,665 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fringe
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 11:12:23 AM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 01, 2008, 08:43:16 AM
Quote from: TDubbs on October 01, 2008, 07:04:04 AM
Quote from: RV on October 01, 2008, 06:59:19 AM
Quote from: JD on September 30, 2008, 11:17:20 PM
Quote from: Poon on September 30, 2008, 10:16:00 PM
Keeps getting better.  I mean sure it's a blatant X Files rip off but I like it.  Glad I watched tonight's episode over that crap on TBS.

I like it, too.

I also like it. The crazy old scientist dude is a great character. Although I'm not sure why he has a British accent. Or is it British? Whatever it is, it ain't AMERICAN.

Nazi.
I like Pacey.  When are him and the blonde chick going to bump uglies?

Did you know Pacey is banging Diane Kruger? Yeah, that's fair.

So I should probably get the DVD of season one when it comes out, huh?

Charlie Conway can pull whatever he pleases, yo. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2008, 08:37:18 PM »
I caught up on this.

The acting is very, very, very bad.  Weebs is right.  Pacey does nothing but deliver one-liners, and the chick is annoying as hell.  The doctor could be a good character, but that actor freaks the shit out of me.  The thing that made Lost so compelling was the strength of the acting and the intriguing characters.  This show doesn't have that at all.

I'll give it a couple more episodes and see if it improves, but I'm not impressed.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Quote from: Kerm on October 07, 2008, 08:37:18 PM
I caught up on this.

The acting is very, very, very bad.  Weebs is right.  Pacey does nothing but deliver one-liners, and the chick is annoying as hell.  The doctor could be a good character, but that actor freaks the shit out of me.  The thing that made Lost so compelling was the strength of the acting and the intriguing characters.  This show doesn't have that at all.

I'll give it a couple more episodes and see if it improves, but I'm not impressed.

I'm convinced I made the right choice.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2008, 09:19:30 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 07, 2008, 09:17:25 PM
I caught up on this.

I don't remember what you ch-ch-ch-CHOSE.  But I think you better be REthinking it, whatever it may be, hombre.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2008, 09:21:01 PM »
Quote from: JD on October 07, 2008, 09:19:30 PM
I caught up on this.

I don't remember what you ch-ch-ch-CHOSE.  But I think you better be REthinking it, whatever it may be, hombre.

I chose no.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2008, 09:49:23 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on October 07, 2008, 09:21:01 PM
Quote from: JD on October 07, 2008, 09:19:30 PM
I caught up on this.

I chose no.

That's a sucker's bet, my friend. 

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2008, 10:42:28 AM »
I caught up on this.

I'll let you know in a couple more episodes, but this is definitely no Lost.  It's not even X-Files.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2008, 11:44:25 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on October 08, 2008, 10:42:28 AM
I caught up on this.

I'll let you know in a couple more episodes, but this is definitely no Lost.  It's not even X-Files.

Yep.  It's been average at it's best.  Most of the time it muddles through kinda crappy.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on October 08, 2008, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: Kerm on October 08, 2008, 10:42:28 AM
I caught up on this.

Yep.  It's been average at it's best.  Most of the time it muddles through kinda crappy.

Your new signature is awesome.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 10:17:42 AM »
I think this show is getting good.  I'm not sure, but that's what I think at least.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on November 19, 2008, 10:17:42 AM
I think this show is getting good.  I'm not sure, but that's what I think at least.

Last night's episode was the first I've seen that at least mustered enough character depth to hold my interest most of the way, but the denouement and ending were still something of a groaner.  I'm guessing the bit with the apple might have made sense had been I watching on a color TV.  Then again, perhaps not.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 08:10:32 PM »
This show is still on?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 19, 2008, 06:52:14 PM

Last night's episode was the first I've seen that at least mustered enough character depth to hold my interest most of the way, but the denouement and ending were still something of a groaner.  I'm guessing the bit with the apple might have made sense had been I watching on a color TV.  Then again, perhaps not.

You're guessing right. I have a color picture box and had no idea what the hell was going on with the apple. Yeah the show is worthy of groans at times but it's still entertaining stuff, especially the WACKY scientist.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 07:05:06 AM »
Quote from: RV on November 19, 2008, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on November 19, 2008, 06:52:14 PM

You're guessing right. I have a color picture box and had no idea what the hell was going on with the apple. Yeah the show is worthy of groans at times but it's still entertaining stuff, especially the WACKY scientist.

The dude reached through the safe and pulled the apple out.  Whatever that music/equation was, allowed him to go through the safe.  It's science.  FRINGE science.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 07:10:19 AM »
I tried to watch this.  But it's not good.  Maybe I'll try 11th Hour instead.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.