News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fringe  ( 18,677 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fringe
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 20, 2008, 07:10:19 AM
I tried to watch this.  But it's not good.  Maybe I'll try 11th Hour instead.

I like it.  Are you trying to change my mind?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2008, 12:16:05 PM »
Quote from: JD on November 20, 2008, 11:57:15 AM

I don't know how to do a lobotomy.

Besides, I like plenty of TV that's not considered good.  Fuck everyone else.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2008, 12:18:57 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on November 20, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
Quote from: JD on November 20, 2008, 11:57:15 AM

I don't know how to do a lobotomy.

Besides, I like plenty of TV that's not considered good.  Fuck everyone else.

If you start a thread about it, then I'll post in it.  And, if it's REALLY bad TV, then T-Dubbs will post in it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 05:51:01 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on November 20, 2008, 07:05:06 AM
The dude reached through the safe and pulled the apple out.  Whatever that music/equation was, allowed him to go through the safe.  It's science.  FRINGE science.

Aha.  At first I thought they turned it into a tomato.  But then it crunched, so I speculated they had found a way to make, say, blue apples, having mistaken the safe for some sort of fringe Easy-Bake Oven.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2008, 07:37:09 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 20, 2008, 05:51:01 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on November 20, 2008, 07:05:06 AM
The dude reached through the safe and pulled the apple out.  Whatever that music/equation was, allowed him to go through the safe.  It's science.  FRINGE science.

Aha.  At first I thought they turned it into a tomato.  But then it crunched, so I speculated they had found a way to make, say, blue apples, having mistaken the safe for some sort of fringe Easy-Bake Oven.

It'd be the only Easy Bake Oven you'll ever need.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 11:28:38 AM »
Uh oh. I have an erection.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:24 AM »
DPD. Anyone else still watching? Good episode last night, I like where they're going with this FRINGE SCIENCE stuff about deja vu and alternate realities. Should be interesting to see wha hai in the finale next week when William Bell shows up. That bald observer guy is almost as creepy looking as Mike Quade.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 08:48:37 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 06, 2009, 08:41:24 AM
DPD. Anyone else still watching? Good episode last night, I like where they're going with this FRINGE SCIENCE stuff about deja vu and alternate realities. Should be interesting to see wha hai in the finale next week when William Bell shows up. That bald observer guy is almost as creepy looking as Mike Quade.

Of course I'm still watching.  Yeah it's good.  The previews for next week look pretty sweet.  Olivia being one of the kid test subjects is a nice wrinkle they've thrown in there. 
I do find it hard to believe, however, that Pacey could build his little "project". 

And although I like the show, it's really just a dumbed down non-island version of Lost.  Maybe that's why I understand it better?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2009, 08:51:47 AM »

Still watching as well. These last few episodes have been good.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2009, 09:42:12 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 06, 2009, 08:48:37 AM

Of course I'm still watching.  Yeah it's good.  The previews for next week look pretty sweet.  Olivia being one of the kid test subjects is a nice wrinkle they've thrown in there. 
I do find it hard to believe , however, that Pacey could build his little "project" pretty much everything on this show. 

And although I like the show, it's really just a dumbed down non-island version of Lost.  Maybe that's why I understand it better?

Doesn't make it any less entertaining'd

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »
I still like this show.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »
Quote from: JD on May 12, 2009, 08:24:39 PM
I still like this show.

Yup. Not as AWESOME as I was expecting for a season finale (too much explain-y talking, not enough doing stuff), but that last scene made it all worth it. JFK and Len Bias are alive, and the Twin Towers are still standing? This 2nd reality looks muy interesante.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 06:54:06 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 12, 2009, 09:58:46 PM
Quote from: JD on May 12, 2009, 08:24:39 PM
I still like this show.

Yup. Not as AWESOME as I was expecting for a season finale (too much explain-y talking, not enough doing stuff), but that last scene made it all worth it. JFK and Len Bias are alive, and the Twin Towers are still standing? This 2nd reality looks muy interesante.

Also finding out that Peter was taken from said 2nd reality could make for interesting episodes next season.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
Here's a screenshot of the newapaper:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YPCf8JFgUdI/SgoxqReu4jI/AAAAAAAALTo/9fxkYGcGauU/s1600-h/nypost.JPG

And some interesting stuff from the comments at the AV Club:

QuoteConsider the headline that the stock market has been closed for 21 days. If we were to presume a) that these incidents occur in real time (as in, an episode that debuts on May 12, 2009 occurs on May 12, 2009), b) that this newspaper is a day old, and c) that the only reason the stock market would close is due to a terrorist attack, then that means that a terrorist attack occurred on April 20.

This world never experienced a 9/11. They had a 4/20.

This would explain why the Obamas were moving into a 'new' White House.

QuoteKeep in mind that there is some SERIOUS shit going on in the alternate reality. Remember last week when Olivia shimmered over and there were buildings burning in the Boston skyline? All of the FBI agents were in the shit, and the other agent was giving Olivia crap about being interested in a pair of burned twins while the world was falling apart.

So my question is, are there THREE different realities? Last week Olivia saw Boston nearly destroyed, and a scarred Charlie mentioned something about a quarantine. This doesn't seem to jive with Len Bias being Finals MVP (unless they clinched in Chicago against Jay Williams and the Bulls) and a peaceful NYC.

There are all sorts of crazy directions they could go with this.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »
Quote from: RV on May 13, 2009, 12:59:19 PM
QuoteConsider the headline that the stock market has been closed for 21 days. If we were to presume a) that these incidents occur in real time (as in, an episode that debuts on May 12, 2009 occurs on May 12, 2009), b) that this newspaper is a day old, and c) that the only reason the stock market would close is due to a terrorist attack, then that means that a terrorist attack occurred on April 20.

This world never experienced a 9/11. They had a 4/20.

So NORML takes up arms in the "alternate world"?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!