News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fringe  ( 18,693 )

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fringe
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 10:15:58 PM »
I'm catching up rapidly on this show.  I love it; absolutely fantastic.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2010, 01:08:21 PM »
DPD, but this show's last three episodes have been phenomenal.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:14 AM »
Great show again last night. I get the feeling that Mr Secretary is the alternate universe Walter Bishop.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2010, 09:29:09 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 23, 2010, 09:11:14 AMGreat show again last night. I get the feeling that Mr Secretary is the alternate universe Walter Bishop.

It has to be. How dumb was that FBI agent that stayed on the bridge?

Peter: Everybody off the bridge!

Dumb FBI Guy: Nah, I'll just hang for a minute.

(Dumb FBI Guy gets obliterated into nonexistence)

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2010, 09:38:25 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 23, 2010, 09:29:09 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 23, 2010, 09:11:14 AMGreat show again last night. I get the feeling that Mr Secretary is the alternate universe Walter Bishop.

The last four episodes have been epic, thus far, which is why I can understand the musical number next week; inject some levity before what is sure to be an epic season finale.  John Nobel is perhaps the best actor on this show, perhaps one of the best actors on tv at the moment.  The way he played that scene in the hospital room was fantastic.

This has to lead to a Peter deciding which side he wants to be on moment, no?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2010, 09:39:48 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 23, 2010, 09:11:14 AM
Great show again last night. I get the feeling that Mr Secretary is the alternate universe Walter Bishop.

I agree.  The way the third shapeshifter somewhat recognized Walter and his cryptic "I'm sorry" makes it seem like Mr. Secretary is Walternate.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 23, 2010, 09:38:25 AM

The last four episodes have been epic, thus far, which is why I can understand the musical number next week; inject some levity before what is sure to be an epic season finale.  John Nobel is perhaps the best actor on this show, perhaps one of the best actors on tv at the moment.  The way he played that scene in the hospital room was fantastic.

Yeah, they've been awesome. The show had some duds early in the season, but they've really concentrated on the mythology since coming back from the break and I think the writers have found their footing. One piece of shitty news: it looks like we're only going to see William Bell one more time. Too bad because I was pretty excited to get his whole backstory.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2010, 11:46:02 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 23, 2010, 11:29:27 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on April 23, 2010, 09:38:25 AM

Yeah, they've been awesome. The show had some duds early in the season, but they've really concentrated on the mythology since coming back from the break and I think the writers have found their footing. One piece of shitty news: it looks like we're only going to see William Bell one more time. Too bad because I was pretty excited to get his whole backstory.

I had heard that.  He'll probably be killed off, I'd imagine.  But nevertheless, the man is pretty old.  Still a good looking man for his age, however.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2010, 11:25:00 AM »
Anybody remember the episode when Olivia was flipping between realities?  It would appear that she exists in both places as an FBI agent.  It would be interesting if Altliva and Walternate became major bad guys in the coming seasons.
M'lady.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 06, 2010, 11:56:03 PM »
A somewhat meh episode tonight.  The Twin Peaks vibe was definitely there.

The ending was amazing, though.  I kind of figured that everyone knew that Mr. Secretary was Walternate, but seeing it was still cool.

Cannot wait to see how this season wraps up.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2010, 06:51:24 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 06, 2010, 11:56:03 PM

The ending was amazing, though.  I kind of figured that everyone knew that Mr. Secretary was Walternate, but seeing it was still cool.

I still thought it was cool as well.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2010, 08:28:42 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 07, 2010, 06:51:24 AM

John Noble is the balls. The different tone of voice he used as Walternate (Hello, son) was great. He's now played three characters:

- Normal, crazy Walter
- Arrogant God-complex Walter (before William Bell took his brains out)
- Secretary of Alternate Dimension Excursions

and he pulls it off easily. This show is on a great roll, and based on the previews next week won't disappoint.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2010, 05:45:33 PM »
Quote from: R-V on May 07, 2010, 08:28:42 AM
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 07, 2010, 06:51:24 AM

John Noble is the balls. The different tone of voice he used as Walternate (Hello, son) was great. He's now played three characters:

- Normal, crazy Walter
- Arrogant God-complex Walter (before William Bell took his brains out)
- Secretary of Alternate Dimension Excursions

and he pulls it off easily. This show is on a great roll, and based on the previews next week won't disappoint.

I keep waiting for Noble to set himself on fire and run off a cliff, his arms flailing the entire way.
M'lady.

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2010, 12:41:53 AM »
Another excellent episode tonight.  I'm disappointed they killed off the Cortexiphan-children so quickly, but I am anxious to see how this two-parter ends.

Did anyone else catch the "First People" bit in the redone opening credits?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2010, 09:13:20 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 14, 2010, 12:41:53 AM
Another excellent episode tonight.  I'm disappointed they killed off the Cortexiphan-children so quickly, but I am anxious to see how this two-parter ends.

Did anyone else catch the "First People" bit in the redone opening credits?

Yeah I caught that. Maybe a reference to this line by Walter:

QuoteWe all had these abilities until there was a moment in history where something was done to us and it was shut down. I suspect aliens.

Great episode. I've been enjoying this recent run of Fringe more than Lost. Next week should be excellent and there are a ton of interesting Earth-2 tidbits for them to expand on next season, like season 11 of The West Wing. Very cool how a bunch of stuff is coming together (past cases, ZFT, the Observers).