News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread  ( 53,292 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Incredibly, unbelievably, the first Carlos Zambrano sploooooooge thread
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 15, 2010, 10:35:55 AM
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 10:31:27 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 15, 2010, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: Eli on December 15, 2010, 09:44:17 AM
Quote from: Yeti on December 15, 2010, 09:37:53 AM
I don't want Z traded. I love him so much and I know that leads me to overstate his abilities, which are pretty fucking good but not HOF like I frequently tell myself. I just can't get behind the idea of trading him. I also am in great fear over what the Cubs would get back. That goes back to my overstating how good he is but if they don't get a HOF second baseman out of it, I call it a fail

I know you're not being serious, but if the Yankees would somehow take Z's entire contract, the Cubs should be happy taking back nothing in return.

How do you know that? The man's unstable, Eli. If the Cubs trade Z his thin grasp on sanity will disappear and he'll spend the rest of his days in a padded-room crafting Zambrano-Milton Bradley fanfics.

I love Carlos, I do. But like Eli said, if the Cubs can rid themselves of him and get the Yankees' retarded bat boy in return - game on

So what is Hendry going to spend the $36 million on?

Nothing - it's not his play money anymore. The Rickettses will take it and add a few more years to Crane Kenney's contract.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2010, 10:40:20 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 15, 2010, 10:38:58 AM
I don't want Z traded. I love him so much and I know that leads me to overstate his abilities, which are pretty fucking good but not HOF like I frequently tell myself. I just can't get behind the idea of trading him. I also am in great fear over what the Cubs would get back. That goes back to my overstating how good he is but if they don't get a HOF second baseman out of it, I call it a fail

I know you're not being serious, but if the Yankees would somehow take Z's entire contract, the Cubs should be happy taking back nothing in return.

How do you know that? The man's unstable, Eli. If the Cubs trade Z his thin grasp on sanity will disappear and he'll spend the rest of his days in a padded-room crafting Zambrano-Milton Bradley fanfics.

I love Carlos, I do. But like Eli said, if the Cubs can rid themselves of him and get the Yankees' retarded bat boy in return - game on

Nothing - it's not his play money anymore. The Rickettses will take it and add a few more years to Crane Kenney's contract.

Jesus you just made me SO.  ANGRY.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2010, 10:50:47 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 15, 2010, 10:40:20 AM

Jesus you just made me SO.  ANGRY.

Normally I would joke that this would be as easy as shooting Mick's in a bar, but I'm too ANGRY to do so.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:11 AM »

Bullplop. They'll put the money in a 12 month CD while they gather bids for the next shitter renovation.

Seriously, it shows how down on this franchise I am that I think they should just keep Z.

1. GM too incompetent to spend the $36 M wisely or get a good return for Carlos
2. Can't trust that the owners would actually spend the $36 M rather than using it to pay down debt

Might as well just keep a guy who will entertain us while this organization drives us insane.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2010, 10:53:50 AM »

Brandon Webb

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:56 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 15, 2010, 10:51:11 AM

Bullplop. They'll put the money in a 12 month CD while they gather bids for the next shitter renovation.

Seriously, it shows how down on this franchise I am that I think they should just keep Z.

2. Can't trust that the owners would actually spend the $36 M rather than using it to pay down debt

Might as well just keep a guy who will entertain us while this organization drives us insane.

If he grows out his mustache again and throws another umpire out of a game, he's contract will be worth every penny.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: December 15, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on December 15, 2010, 10:56:56 AM
If he grows out his mustache again and throws another umpire out of a game, he's contract will be worth every penny.

TRUTH.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: December 15, 2010, 11:08:10 AM »
Quote from: R-V on December 15, 2010, 10:51:11 AM

Yeah, if Z gets traded the team's not going to run out and spend that money.  It doesn't look like they can afford to.

I mean, our new first basemen's one year contract is being paid on a 3 year installment plan.  Maybe they can put a starting pitcher on layaway?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: December 15, 2010, 11:48:32 AM »
What prospects do the Yankees have that anybody would want? Should we be excited?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: December 15, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: December 15, 2010, 12:46:26 PM »

Is the answer "a 5-8 middle infielder and a couple of shitty veteran middle relievers"?
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: December 15, 2010, 08:49:59 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 15, 2010, 11:48:32 AM
What prospects do the Yankees have that anybody would want? Should we be excited?

Jesus Montero.

That's it.  Unless you're intrigued by this.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: December 15, 2010, 10:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on December 15, 2010, 08:49:59 PM

Jesus Montero.

Or this.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: December 15, 2010, 10:37:19 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2010, 08:42:45 AM »
Quote from: Night Man on December 15, 2010, 08:49:59 PM

Jesus Montero.

If we all agree that Robinson Cano is still a prospect does that mean they'll give him up for Z?