News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bored to Death  ( 5,989 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bored to Death
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2009, 10:32:31 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 26, 2009, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: CBStew on October 25, 2009, 09:53:17 PM
Yes.  I am repeating myself.  You can't miss Ted Danson in this show.l

I was waiting for that scene with him and Zach G.  It did not disappoint.

Not even a little. That was the best episode yet. I'm glad to see it keeps getting better.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 10:12:40 AM »
Quote from: Cillit Bang on October 26, 2009, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 26, 2009, 09:14:53 AM
Quote from: CBStew on October 25, 2009, 09:53:17 PM
Yes.  I am repeating myself.  You can't miss Ted Danson in this show.l

I was waiting for that scene with him and Zach G.  It did not disappoint.

Not even a little. That was the best episode yet. I'm glad to see it keeps getting better.

Every time I watch this show I think....holy shit, Mayday Malone is a good actor.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:41 AM »
The past episode with the boxing match was fantastic. Schwartzmann's co-op girlfriend looks better and better each episode.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 09:31:45 AM »
Quote from: BH on November 10, 2009, 08:23:41 AM
The past episode with the boxing match was fantastic. Schwartzmann's co-op girlfriend looks better and better each episode.

Yeah, I wasn't completely sold on her until she showed up at the boxing match in the dress.  Yowza.  Terrific episode.
Hire Jim Essian!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 01:36:00 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 10, 2009, 09:31:45 AM

Yeah, I wasn't completely sold on her until she showed up at the boxing match in the dress.  Yowza.  Terrific episode.

I was a fan of this series from day one.  I thought that this finale was a letdown.  Schwartzman's take down of the would be blackmailer was so unreal that I thought it was supposed to be a dream sequence.  It was the first time that he was not only competent as a private investigator, but polished at it.  The charm of this show was his naivete.   Yet here he is picking the lock of the "bad guy", taking him down and forcing information out of him in less than three minutes.  The same for his boxing match with the "Hi, I'm a PC Guy".  This is supposed to be a nerdy little Jewish guy.  We don't knock people out with sweeping right crosses.  We would like to.  But unless we are named Max Baer, we don't.  The Danson character showed far more introspection and empathy than he has ever shown in previous episodes by taking a sympathy dive for the sake of his ex-wife.  But I liked the vignette of the shadow boxing match at the end.  "Did we learn anything tonight?"  "Only that life is a mystery."   
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 10, 2009, 01:36:00 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 10, 2009, 09:31:45 AM

I was a fan of this series from day one.  I thought that this finale was a letdown.  Schwartzman's take down of the would be blackmailer was so unreal that I thought it was supposed to be a dream sequence.  It was the first time that he was not only competent as a private investigator, but polished at it.  The charm of this show was his naivete.   Yet here he is picking the lock of the "bad guy", taking him down and forcing information out of him in less than three minutes.  The same for his boxing match with the "Hi, I'm a PC Guy".  This is supposed to be a nerdy little Jewish guy.  We don't knock people out with sweeping right crosses.  We would like to.  But unless we are named Max Baer, we don't.  The Danson character showed far more introspection and empathy than he has ever shown in previous episodes by taking a sympathy dive for the sake of his ex-wife.  But I liked the vignette of the shadow boxing match at the end.  "Did we learn anything tonight?"  "Only that life is a mystery."   

See, I thought it was totally appropriate that he took down the blackmailer so easily, because the blackmailer was such an amateur.  For once, Schwartzman wasn't outmatched, and he had the position of power, even though he's still a rookie "private investigator."  Moreover, he actually had some confidence, because the stoner girl is into him.  Next season, when he's once again going up against the Russian mob, Jason will probably be back to his old ways.
Hire Jim Essian!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »
Bump.

Watched the entire first season of this show a couple of weekends ago.  Truly an enjoyable series, and Stew is right -- Danson is a marvel.  "I wanna colonic!"  I'm looking forward to the next season, even though it's still a ways down the road.
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »
Bump.

This show is greatly improved over last year.  Danson is even funnier than he was in last year's episodes. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
This season has ended.  All too soon.  It was a treat from beginning to end.  Galifinakis' character draws a comic book  featuring himself as a superhero who gets his "power" by touching his penis to the third rail in the subway.  The book is an instant success, and while signing autographs at a comic convention he is asked by a fan "should I touch my penis to the third rail?".  He answers, "Yes.  But only after you are 21."  But in the end it is Danson is howlingly funny, even when he believes that he has prostate cancer.  He has an affair with his female urologist, but he cheats on her with his ex-wife.  His urologist has confused his file with someone else's and is about to do a radical prostatecomy on Danson when Schwartzman bursts into the operating room screaming, "Wait, he isn't from Queens."    The best episode takes place in a coed spa when Scwartzman, disguised as a woman,  sneaks into the women's locker room to smuggle out a transvestite for his client, a virgin, bisexual, optometrist.   What great scripts!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 17, 2010, 03:40:57 PM
This season has ended.  All too soon.  It was a treat from beginning to end.  Galifinakis' character draws a comic book  featuring himself as a superhero who gets his "power" by touching his penis to the third rail in the subway.  The book is an instant success, and while signing autographs at a comic convention he is asked by a fan "should I touch my penis to the third rail?".  He answers, "Yes.  But only after you are 21."  But in the end it is Danson is howlingly funny, even when he believes that he has prostate cancer.  He has an affair with his female urologist, but he cheats on her with his ex-wife.  His urologist has confused his file with someone else's and is about to do a radical prostatecomy on Danson when Schwartzman bursts into the operating room screaming, "Wait, he isn't from Queens."    The best episode takes place in a coed spa when Scwartzman, disguised as a woman,  sneaks into the women's locker room to smuggle out a transvestite for his client, a virgin, bisexual, optometrist.   What great scripts!

What it is is hard to say, but I have a hunch TDubbs thinks we "get" something right now.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2010, 04:41:22 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 17, 2010, 03:40:57 PM
This season has ended.  All too soon.  It was a treat from beginning to end.  Galifinakis' character draws a comic book  featuring himself as a superhero who gets his "power" by touching his penis to the third rail in the subway.  The book is an instant success, and while signing autographs at a comic convention he is asked by a fan "should I touch my penis to the third rail?".  He answers, "Yes.  But only after you are 21."  But in the end it is Danson is howlingly funny, even when he believes that he has prostate cancer.  He has an affair with his female urologist, but he cheats on her with his ex-wife.  His urologist has confused his file with someone else's and is about to do a radical prostatecomy on Danson when Schwartzman bursts into the operating room screaming, "Wait, he isn't from Queens."    The best episode takes place in a coed spa when Scwartzman, disguised as a woman,  sneaks into the women's locker room to smuggle out a transvestite for his client, a virgin, bisexual, optometrist.   What great scripts!

Yeah, this show rules. Glad to see both it and Eastbound & Down get picked up for another season.