News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Chuck  ( 21,830 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Chuck
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2008, 09:34:28 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on December 15, 2008, 07:33:43 PM
Putting Reginald VelJohnson in this episode and the many Die Hard references associated with him make this episode the win.

Carl Winslow wolfing down a Twinkie + Ned Ryerson = ribeye nards

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2009, 07:30:14 AM »
bump.

This show is awesome.  Yes, I watch a lot of TV. 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:52 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on March 03, 2009, 07:30:14 AM
bump.

This show is awesome.  Yes, I watch a lot of TV. 

Yvonne Strahovski needs to be naked yesterday.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2009, 07:55:05 PM »
Holy jeebus fucking dick shit.  6 in a police stripper outfit is unreal hot as balls. 

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »
This is probably the most purely entertaining show on TV right now. The suits at NBC better not cancel it.

I don't think that's the last we'll see of Bakulatowski.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 12:45:59 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 07, 2009, 12:36:42 PM
This is probably the most purely entertaining show on TV right now. The suits at NBC better not cancel it.

Do you think he stole that arm computer thing from the Predator? 
Cause I don't.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2009, 12:52:37 PM »

I'm with you RV. As one of the few people that watches Reaper (which basically just got cancelled), I'm hanging on to a lot of these shows for dear life. From everything I've heard it's doing pretty well. Have you heard otherwise?

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2009, 01:18:59 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 07, 2009, 12:52:37 PM

I'm with you RV. As one of the few people that watches Reaper (which basically just got cancelled), I'm hanging on to a lot of these shows for dear life. From everything I've heard it's doing pretty well. Have you heard otherwise?

Who knows what will happen with the buttchuggers running NBC, but I hope this guy is right:

QuoteWant to know my opinion on the chances that "Chuck" will be back next season?

Yes, NBC's Jay Leno Masterplan is a mistake and yes, it's a slap in the face of the industry's creative community. But try this as a positive after-effect: If NBC's programming window for weekdays has been reduced by a third, that perhaps that makes NBC place greater value on putting original episodes in those remain slots? I mean, if you only have two hours of new shows per night, you can't use that time for repeats, right? I think that will lead to NBC picking up a number of shows for limited, cable-style seasons of 10 or 13 episodes, so that the network is able to constantly keep the hours between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. fresh before turning things over to Jay.

My guess, without any sort of insider knowledge or evidence to back this up, is that "Chuck" should be well-positioned for, at the very least, some sort of 13-episode midseason slot. Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak have introduced more serialized elements into the storytelling this season and folks say that Fedak is particularly involved in fleshing out the show's greater mythology. Bringing "Chuck" back for a carefully arced 13 episodes would probably be positive for the show and it would also be a boon for NBC, which is bound to need some good faith from the critical community next year once audiences make it clear that Leno is better as an 11:30 soporific, rather than as a legitimate lead-in to local news.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2009, 01:52:14 PM »

The only reason Chuck is still on is that it's on NBC, and it tied its series-low demo numbers last night.  Given that it is NBC, it probably has a decent shot at renewal.

I wouldn't give up on Reaper just yet, though--producers are replaceable.  If the CW "wants" it (that is, its ratings are good enough to push them), ABC Studios could keep it going.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2009, 01:55:17 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on April 07, 2009, 01:52:14 PM

The only reason Chuck is still on is that it's on NBC, and it tied its series-low demo numbers last night.  Given that it is NBC, it probably has a decent shot at renewal.

I wouldn't give up on Reaper just yet, though--producers are replaceable.  If the CW "wants" it (that is, its ratings are good enough to push them), ABC Studios could keep it going.

Well Reaper is outdrawing 90210, but I see that everything on the CW is. Seems to me the CW has become the network where my favorite shows go to die.

90210 is a show that they must be high on for whatever reason. Teen trash sells and they want to have another Gossip Girl - though I have no idea if that show even gets good ratings.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 01:58:02 PM »
Quote from: RV on April 07, 2009, 01:18:59 PM
Who knows what will happen with the buttchuggers running NBC, but I hope this guy is right:

QuoteWant to know my opinion on the chances that "Chuck" will be back next season?

Yes, NBC's Jay Leno Masterplan is a mistake and yes, it's a slap in the face of the industry's creative community. But try this as a positive after-effect: If NBC's programming window for weekdays has been reduced by a third, that perhaps that makes NBC place greater value on putting original episodes in those remain slots? I mean, if you only have two hours of new shows per night, you can't use that time for repeats, right?

Well, that would certainly explain why one never sees a repeat on Fox.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 02:00:34 PM »
Good interview with one of the co-creators:

QuoteIf "Chuck vs. the Ring" winds up being the last episode of the series, how do you think the fans will react?

They're going to burn their living rooms. They're going to destroy their television sets. There could be chaos across the country.

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2009/04/chuck-chris-fedak-talks-about-rest-of.html

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 02:01:45 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 07, 2009, 01:55:17 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 07, 2009, 01:52:14 PM

Well Reaper is outdrawing 90210, but I see that everything on the CW is. Seems to me the CW has become the network where my favorite shows go to die.

90210 is a show that they must be high on for whatever reason. Teen trash sells and they want to have another Gossip Girl - though I have no idea if that show even gets good ratings.

No shocker here, but I watch Reaper also.  I don't see it being cancelled.  Continue.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
The only problem I have w/ Chuck is that the episodes are mostly the same.  Chuck goes on a mission, flashes, gets caught up in spy games he shouldn't be in, saves the day humorously, insert wacky Buy More employees 3 times, 2 scenes w/ Ellie and Awesome...   That's 80% of the episodes.

It's still fun to watch, but I can see whay people are turning it off.  It's the same reason I gave up on My Name is Earl.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 02:29:49 PM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on April 07, 2009, 02:27:50 PM
The only problem I have w/ Chuck is that the episodes are mostly the same.  Chuck goes on a mission, flashes, gets caught up in spy games he shouldn't be in, saves the day humorously, insert wacky Buy More employees 3 times, 2 scenes w/ Ellie and Awesome...   That's 80% of the episodes.

It's still fun to watch, but I can see whay people are turning it off.  It's the same reason I gave up on My Name is Earl.

I think you're looking for the Quantum Leap thread.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.