News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,480 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2009, 12:47:36 PM »
I know how much the other Rock Band players love this stuff, but SPLOOOOOGE: http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=6202

Also, I've been messing with the drums as of late. I used to be bad at Easy... Now, I've gotten to a point where I can hold my own on Medium. One thing that helped is that I was told to hold down the foot pedal when I'm not using it and do a quick hit whenever I have to use it. Any other suggestions on how to improve? I'm sure the practice portion is the biggest thing but any techniques that work well would be appreciated.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2009, 12:52:19 PM »
DPD.

Actually after I've found the track list, I have a bitch about it: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19953/Rock-Band-Country-Track-Pack-Full-Set-List-Revealed/

2.    Brad Paisley                   Mud on the Tires
           3.    Brooks & Dunn              Hillbilly Deluxe
           5.    Dierks Bentley               Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)
           6.    Dixie Chicks                   Sin Wagon
           14.   Miranda Lambert           Gunpowder & Lead

I already have these as they were previously released. It aggravates me that since I already have 5 of the songs, they are basically keeping my desire to buy it down. Pricks.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2009, 12:54:45 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on July 22, 2009, 12:52:19 PM
DPD.

Actually after I've found the track list, I have a bitch about it: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/19953/Rock-Band-Country-Track-Pack-Full-Set-List-Revealed/

2.    Brad Paisley                   Mud on the Tires
           3.    Brooks & Dunn              Hillbilly Deluxe
           5.    Dierks Bentley               Free and Easy (Down the Road I Go)
           6.    Dixie Chicks                   Sin Wagon
           14.   Miranda Lambert           Gunpowder & Lead

I already have these as they were previously released. It aggravates me that since I already have 5 of the songs, they are basically keeping my desire to buy it down. Pricks.

This really chaps my hide! I want more Dixie Chicks!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2009, 02:11:39 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on July 22, 2009, 12:47:36 PM
I know how much the other Rock Band players love this stuff, but SPLOOOOOGE: http://www.gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=6202

Also, I've been messing with the drums as of late. I used to be bad at Easy... Now, I've gotten to a point where I can hold my own on Medium. One thing that helped is that I was told to hold down the foot pedal when I'm not using it and do a quick hit whenever I have to use it. Any other suggestions on how to improve? I'm sure the practice portion is the biggest thing but any techniques that work well would be appreciated.

Keeping the pedal down is definitely a good tip.  I started doing that and it makes a big difference.  Also, on the easier difficulties, I tended to hit the pedal more with the front of my foot and kept the heel down.  It's easier to keep rhythm that way for me.  But when there are multiple bass notes fast in a row and/or when you're playing on higher difficulties, it's much better to keep your heel up when you use the kick drum.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: July 30, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »
For anyone interested, the entire Guitar Hero 5 tracklist has been released.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: July 31, 2009, 11:18:15 AM »
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: August 01, 2009, 07:50:21 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on July 31, 2009, 11:18:15 AM
Tap into America next week.  Awesome.

You'll probably also be happy to know that you can play Pearl Jam's new album the day it comes out.

Edit: Wow.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: August 01, 2009, 10:01:02 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 01, 2009, 07:50:21 AM
Tap into America next week.  Awesome.

You'll probably also be happy to know that you can play the day it comes out.

I don't understand this Weebs post at all.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: August 01, 2009, 10:30:04 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 01, 2009, 10:01:02 AM

I have absolutely no idea what happened with that post.  Weird tags and the wrong link.  Should be working now.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2009, 10:31:40 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on August 01, 2009, 10:30:04 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 01, 2009, 10:01:02 AM

I have absolutely no idea what happened with that post.  Weird tags and the wrong link.  Should be working now.

That makes me quite a bit happier than the pre-edit post did.
Hire Jim Essian!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2009, 08:00:49 PM »

The Funky Sex Farm has me ready to poke some hay.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: August 11, 2009, 04:19:01 PM »
Anyone interested in buying Guitar Hero 5 when it comes out will get a free copy of Guitar Hero: Van Halen along with it.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: August 14, 2009, 09:16:52 AM »
Went to a "Rock Band Bar Night" out in Wheaton last night.  The People from Harmonix came and brought The Beatles Rock Band along with the Ringo kit, Pauls Hofner, and Georges Gretsch.  So fucking cool.  The game was really great looking.  Completely different playing it than just seeing some videos and screen shots.  The controllers are sooooo much better than the regular RB controllers.  They just feel so much more solid and look so damn cool.  I loved how the Hofner had the ring of light thing on the bottom exactly where the jack is.  The whole thing was just awesome.  I wasn't sure how the vocals with harmonies worked but it's nothing complicated really.  All vocals are just one player and that one players score. 

They'll be at Beatles Fest this weekend too with the demo.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2009, 10:29:05 AM »
Quote from: Poon on August 14, 2009, 09:16:52 AM
Went to a "Rock Band Bar Night" out in Wheaton last night.  The People from Harmonix came and brought The Beatles Rock Band along with the Ringo kit, Pauls Hofner, and Georges Gretsch.  So fucking cool.  The game was really great looking.  Completely different playing it than just seeing some videos and screen shots.  The controllers are sooooo much better than the regular RB controllers.  They just feel so much more solid and look so damn cool.  I loved how the Hofner had the ring of light thing on the bottom exactly where the jack is.  The whole thing was just awesome.  I wasn't sure how the vocals with harmonies worked but it's nothing complicated really.  All vocals are just one player and that one players score. 

THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT IT.
Hire Jim Essian!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 14, 2009, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Poon on August 14, 2009, 09:16:52 AM

THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT IT.

Well if you followed me on twitter......

I decided to go last minute at like 8 last night.  Didn't know they were going to be there until a little before then and didn't know they were bringing the Beatles Rock Band until I got there and they were setting it up.