News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour  ( 52,484 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Rock Band 2/Guitar Queer-o World Tour
« Reply #270 on: August 14, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »
Quote from: Poon on August 14, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 14, 2009, 10:29:05 AM
Quote from: Poon on August 14, 2009, 09:16:52 AM
Went to a "Rock Band Bar Night" out in Wheaton last night.  The People from Harmonix came and brought The Beatles Rock Band along with the Ringo kit, Pauls Hofner, and Georges Gretsch.  So fucking cool.  The game was really great looking.  Completely different playing it than just seeing some videos and screen shots.  The controllers are sooooo much better than the regular RB controllers.  They just feel so much more solid and look so damn cool.  I loved how the Hofner had the ring of light thing on the bottom exactly where the jack is.  The whole thing was just awesome.  I wasn't sure how the vocals with harmonies worked but it's nothing complicated really.  All vocals are just one player and that one players score. 

They'll be at Beatles Fest this weekend too with the demo.

THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT IT.

Well if you followed me on twitter......

I decided to go last minute at like 8 last night.  Didn't know they were going to be there until a little before then and didn't know they were bringing the Beatles Rock Band until I got there and they were setting it up. 

I don't see anything about this on your twitter site.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2009, 11:58:45 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on August 14, 2009, 11:40:41 AM
Quote from: Poon on August 14, 2009, 11:27:23 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on August 14, 2009, 10:29:05 AM
Went to a "Rock Band Bar Night" out in Wheaton last night.  The People from Harmonix came and brought The Beatles Rock Band along with the Ringo kit, Pauls Hofner, and Georges Gretsch.  So fucking cool.  The game was really great looking.  Completely different playing it than just seeing some videos and screen shots.  The controllers are sooooo much better than the regular RB controllers.  They just feel so much more solid and look so damn cool.  I loved how the Hofner had the ring of light thing on the bottom exactly where the jack is.  The whole thing was just awesome.  I wasn't sure how the vocals with harmonies worked but it's nothing complicated really.  All vocals are just one player and that one players score. 

THANKS FOR TELLING ME ABOUT IT.

Well if you followed me on twitter......

I decided to go last minute at like 8 last night.  Didn't know they were going to be there until a little before then and didn't know they were bringing the Beatles Rock Band until I got there and they were setting it up. 

I don't see anything about this on your twitter site.

There's just so much Poon on the twits.

http://twitter.com/hotsecpoon

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »
First off, Poon, do you have professional Rock Band players with you, because some of the high scores I've seen from you are ridiculous. Ranked #44 in the world in one song, I think. Pretty good. Others, you're in the top 1000.

Second, I think Weebs mentioned something about this game (Beatles) "being more forgiving", but I find that I'm hitting notes (drums) and it doesn't take it. I don't have this problem on Rock Band II from what I can recall. It's been quite frustrating to play. I've been trying to get better (experimenting on Hard) but when I'm hitting notes and it doesn't register, it just frustrates me to go back to guitar and play that.

Also, I'm not a fan of how Beatles Rock Band does the "star power" for the Drums. It gives you an out of place note in the middle of shit and can often mess up your streak. I appreciate Rock Band II's way better. It has an interruption in the song, but it gives you a few seconds to regroup on the beat. B:RB just gives you one note that if you don't want to hit it, it can throw you off. I understand they don't want to mess with the "integrity of the song" but fuck that. Fuck Yoko if she told them to do that.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: October 01, 2009, 10:27:27 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 01, 2009, 10:10:05 AM
First off, Poon, do you have professional Rock Band players with you, because some of the high scores I've seen from you are ridiculous. Ranked #44 in the world in one song, I think. Pretty good. Others, you're in the top 1000.

Second, I think Weebs mentioned something about this game (Beatles) "being more forgiving", but I find that I'm hitting notes (drums) and it doesn't take it. I don't have this problem on Rock Band II from what I can recall. It's been quite frustrating to play. I've been trying to get better (experimenting on Hard) but when I'm hitting notes and it doesn't register, it just frustrates me to go back to guitar and play that.

Also, I'm not a fan of how Beatles Rock Band does the "star power" for the Drums. It gives you an out of place note in the middle of shit and can often mess up your streak. I appreciate Rock Band II's way better. It has an interruption in the song, but it gives you a few seconds to regroup on the beat. B:RB just gives you one note that if you don't want to hit it, it can throw you off. I understand they don't want to mess with the "integrity of the song" but fuck that. Fuck Yoko if she told them to do that.

I haven't played the game on drums yet, but I had some problems like that on the first and second Rock Band games.  I would generally play on Hard or Expert and would have streaks interrupted all the time because it just wouldn't register a hit.  I think I remember it happening with the Red "button" most often.  I've never been able to get a Perfect score on any of the songs because some hits just wouldn't register.  It's usually when you have a lot of notes in a row, it would either show up as not having hit the note, or it'll be a double-hit and your streak will end.  It was really annoying, but I'm sure that's mostly just the wear and tear of the drum set.  I have the drums from the first Rock Band and they're pretty crappy and worn out at this point.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: October 01, 2009, 11:08:28 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2009, 10:27:27 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 01, 2009, 10:10:05 AM

I haven't played the game on drums yet, but I had some problems like that on the first and second Rock Band games.  I would generally play on Hard or Expert and would have streaks interrupted all the time because it just wouldn't register a hit.  I think I remember it happening with the Red "button" most often.  I've never been able to get a Perfect score on any of the songs because some hits just wouldn't register.  It's usually when you have a lot of notes in a row, it would either show up as not having hit the note, or it'll be a double-hit and your streak will end.  It was really annoying, but I'm sure that's mostly just the wear and tear of the drum set.  I have the drums from the first Rock Band and they're pretty crappy and worn out at this point.

Am I really ranked that high?  I don't think so!  Maybe with some DLC that not a lot of people are dl'in.  I'm getting through expert on guitar and bass on everything now but not getting that many gold starred songs.  I know in one of the weekly battle of the band things I did get like 44th on solo play (sure it's lower than that by the time it ended).  Sometimes I get really lucky with who I match up with online.  Yesterday playin The Beatles I matched up with 3 people and we were gold starring everything we tried except Helter Skelter (still only have 4 stars on that one).

Ok, with the overdrive on drums on Beatles Rock Band, you can actually hit any pad when that green one comes up and it will not mess up your multiplier if you want to keep your rhythm going and not go into overdrive.  Really helps alot.  I like the way you get overdrive more in Beatles Rock Band since you can get more points instead of just hitting random crap in that freestyle part before the over drive green comes up.

I did get a new Rock Band 2 kit with the drums and wireless strat when Beatles Rock Band came out for $100.  The new drums and guitar help A LOT.  Still want to get one of the Beatles guitars or a wireless tele that Mad Catz just came out with.  They also came out with a wireless version of the P Bass which is also pretty damn sweet.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:38 AM »

Was that at Muldoon's?

Stay the fuck out of Wheaton.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: October 01, 2009, 11:46:47 AM »
Quote from: CT III on October 01, 2009, 11:45:38 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

People go to bars to show off their video game skills now?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48:58 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 01, 2009, 11:46:47 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

I'm pretty sure that's what Dave & Buster's and GameWorks are counting on.
Hire Jim Essian!

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: October 01, 2009, 11:50:38 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 01, 2009, 11:48:58 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

It was at Muldoon's. 

Yes there were people there to show off "skills"

I showed off no skills.  Just wanted to see the game and up my nerd cred.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: October 01, 2009, 11:51:29 AM »

Was that at Muldoon's?

I thought they built those so "adults" had an excuse to go to an arcade and not be labeled a pedo?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: October 01, 2009, 11:58:55 AM »
Quote from: Poon on October 01, 2009, 11:50:38 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

It was at Muldoon's. 

I think they have it there like 3 nights a week.  I assume that part of the reason for that is so the Wheaton College students can tell their overseers that they're just going to the bar to play Rock Band, not to drink beer.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: October 01, 2009, 12:12:35 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 01, 2009, 11:58:55 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

It was at Muldoon's. 

I think they have it there like 3 nights a week.  I assume that part of the reason for that is so the Wheaton College students can tell their overseers that they're just going to the bar to play Rock Band, not to drink beer.

Good thing they don't worship someone who turned water to wine.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: October 01, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
Quote from: Fork on October 01, 2009, 12:12:35 PM
Quote from: CT III on October 01, 2009, 11:58:55 AM

Was that at Muldoon's?

It was at Muldoon's. 

Good thing they don't worship someone who turned water to wine.

I don't remember Billy Graham doing that.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2009, 10:31:02 AM »
I finally started playing The Beatles: Rock Band on drums.  I've been playing on Expert, and I definitely agree about the new way they have you activate the overdrive thing.  That one green note is really intrusive and it's messed up my rhythm a few times while playing.  Not to mention, saving those drum fills got me through a couple songs on the old Rock Band (specifically "Next To You" by The Police).  So far on Expert, I can mostly just play the songs that are about 60% difficulty or less.  Some of the songs have a really weird rhythm and I haven't played any really hard songs on Expert in a long time.  Also, the amount of bass notes in "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" really sucks.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: October 21, 2009, 08:48:52 AM »
Get the Queen pack.  It's badass.
Hire Jim Essian!