News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 471,848 )

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
Hmmm if its mostly Bush's fault then shouldn't the Republicans have been the ones going "Nope, nothing wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" and trying to stop any attempt at regulating them? And shouldn't the Democrats been the ones questioning the viability of those companies back in 2003, instead of the other way around?

Plus if its mostly Bush's fault shouldn't most of the top executives of these companies be Republican, instead of mostly Democrat? You know to further promote the false image of greedy rich Republicans screwing over their company and Americans for a fat bonus instead of it being Democrats?

The only fault i can blame Bush for the F & F failure is that the Republicans didn't have enough seats in the House and Senate to force regulation on these companies.

Everyone wants to blame somebody. Well lets blame the last attempts to fix F & F and see who stood in the way and lets blame them. It is not entirely about who set the whole process in motion but on how early you could spot the problem and try and fix it. And the only answer that keeps coming out is Democrats stood in the way every step of the way in our last attempts to fix it. That is just good old American facts that can't be dismissed, poo pooed, or made to go away.

Here is a nice long list of Bush Administration attempts at reforming F & F, that none of you Bush haters will bother to ever look at. Its much easier to play the Bush blame game....

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MikeC on February 26, 2009, 02:51:54 PM
Hmmm if its mostly Bush's fault then shouldn't the Republicans have been the ones going "Nope, nothing wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" and trying to stop any attempt at regulating them? And shouldn't the Democrats been the ones questioning the viability of those companies back in 2003, instead of the other way around?

Plus if its mostly Bush's fault shouldn't most of the top executives of these companies be Republican, instead of mostly Democrat? You know to further promote the false image of greedy rich Republicans screwing over their company and Americans for a fat bonus instead of it being Democrats?

The only fault i can blame Bush for the F & F failure is that the Republicans didn't have enough seats in the House and Senate to force regulation on these companies.

Everyone wants to blame somebody. Well lets blame the last attempts to fix F & F and see who stood in the way and lets blame them. It is not entirely about who set the whole process in motion but on how early you could spot the problem and try and fix it. And the only answer that keeps coming out is Democrats stood in the way every step of the way in our last attempts to fix it. That is just good old American facts that can't be dismissed, poo pooed, or made to go away.

Here is a nice long list of Bush Administration attempts at reforming F & F, that none of you Bush haters will bother to ever look at. Its much easier to play the Bush blame game....
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html

You're really, really doing my fucking head in now.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club

Listen, MikeC, no one is trying to pin the blame on President Bush entirely.  I think the vast majority of the people who are on these boards and who read this thread in particular acknowledge that the current financial crisis is something that cannot entirely be blamed on one person.  There are scapegoats, aplenty, to be sure, but one person alone, no.

However, what I will challenge you on is this: President Bush made several, several mistakes during his tenure of office and your reactionary reluctance to possibly see any fault in the administration of George W. Bush makes your posts particularly ripe for criticism.  In one month in office, you have so far attacked President Obama for his increase of the federal deficit, while ignoring the past 8 years (or 6 if you count the Democratic Congress) of fiscal profligacy.  This is not hypocritical, this is cognitive dissonance.

So my advice and my challenge, I'm sure you'd pull some more credibility with this thread, or in life in general, if you are willing and open to admit that George W. Bush made mistakes (such as his massive ballooning of the deficit and abandonment of any conservative principle [except for hating the gays]) and that you opposed them then, just as you oppose them now. 

Until then, you are simply background noise.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on February 26, 2009, 03:02:24 PM

Listen, MikeC, no one is trying to pin the blame on President Bush entirely.  I think the vast majority of the people who are on these boards and who read this thread in particular acknowledge that the current financial crisis is something that cannot entirely be blamed on one person.  There are scapegoats, aplenty, to be sure, but one person alone, no.

However, what I will challenge you on is this: President Bush made several, several mistakes during his tenure of office and your reactionary reluctance to possibly see any fault in the administration of George W. Bush makes your posts particularly ripe for criticism.  In one month in office, you have so far attacked President Obama for his increase of the federal deficit, while ignoring the past 8 years (or 6 if you count the Democratic Congress) of fiscal profligacy.  This is not hypocritical, this is cognitive dissonance.

So my advice and my challenge, I'm sure you'd pull some more credibility with this thread, or in life in general, if you are willing and open to admit that George W. Bush made mistakes (such as his massive ballooning of the deficit and abandonment of any conservative principle [except for hating the gays]) and that you opposed them then, just as you oppose them now. 

THIS, THIS, THI.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club

I might be missing something but my view on Republicans has always been a little bit of a Liberterian-esque when it comes to regulating businesses and a little bit of "Let's see how it plays out" type of thing

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Pretty obvious to me that Gil hates the troops.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Everyone knows boardrooms at financial institutions are hotbeds of Liberalism.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club

Listen, MikeC, no one is trying to pin the blame on President Bush entirely.  I think the vast majority of the people who are on these boards and who read this thread in particular acknowledge that the current financial crisis is something that cannot entirely be blamed on one person. 

Not only am I pinning the blame on Bush for everything, I am also throwing in the 2003, 2004, 2007, & 2008 Cubs.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
A MikeC mad-lib:

QuoteHmmm, of course all you (negative adjective) Libs think that (recent political disaster) was Bush's fault.  Big suprise.  Well, if you weren't so busy sucking Obama's (phallic noun) maybe you'd get your facts strait.

If (previously cited disaster) was Bushs fault, why did (Democratic politician) come out and say this?  Maybe if people would of actually listend to Bush, we wouldn't be in this current mess.

(Michelle Malkin link)

(Rhetorical question) (Rhetorical question) (Rhetorical question) Fuckers.

Ohhh right, that's right, go ahead and blame Bush for everything, you stupid (plural negative adjective).  And you can all look the other way like a bunch of (slang term for feces)heads and ignore what I say and pretend that history didn't happen.

Oh yeah also while I'm here what do you all have to say about this?

(Hot Air link)

(Unattributed quote)

Yeah, thats what I thought, you (synonym for vagina). You'll never own up to anything, no matter how many times I show you the facts about (current political issue) or (any random stimulus spending program).  But noooo, your boy Obama, the (one of the many Biblical names for Jesus) will continue to get a pass all the way from (media outlet) to (media outlet).  It never changes. 

(Obama campaign slogan), my ass.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on February 26, 2009, 03:16:57 PM
A MikeC mad-lib:

QuoteHmmm, of course all you (negative adjective) Libs think that (recent political disaster) was Bush's fault.  Big suprise.  Well, if you weren't so busy sucking Obama's (phallic noun) maybe you'd get your facts strait.

If (previously cited disaster) was Bushs fault, why did (Democratic politician) come out and say this?  Maybe if people would of actually listend to Bush, we wouldn't be in this current mess.

(Michelle Malkin link)

Ohhh right, that's right, go ahead and blame Bush for everything, you stupid (plural negative adjective).  And you can all look the other way like a bunch of (slang term for feces)heads and ignore what I say and pretend that history didn't happen.

(Hot Air link)

(Unattributed quote)

Yeah, thats what I thought, you (synonym for vagina). You'll never own up to anything, no matter how many times I show you the facts about (current political issue) or (any random stimulus spending program).  But noooo, your boy Obama, the (one of the many Biblical names for Jesus) will continue to get a pass all the way from (media outlet) to (media outlet).  It never changes. 

LSA
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on February 26, 2009, 03:11:58 PM

My company's boardroom is.  (link is but one example)
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: morpheus on February 26, 2009, 03:22:17 PM

Just because Bob Rubin worked for Clinton doesn't make Goldman Sachs lousy with Democrats. There's one in every crowd.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Eli on February 26, 2009, 03:16:57 PM
A MikeC mad-lib:

(Michelle Malkin link)

(Hot Air link)

(Unattributed quote)

Beautiful, Eli.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on February 26, 2009, 03:24:59 PM

Just because Bob Rubin worked for Clinton doesn't make Goldman Sachs lousy with Democrats. There's one in every crowd.

Also, am I not incorrect for suggesting that Robert Rubin would be, in comparison to the rest of the Clinton Administration, rather conservative?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on February 26, 2009, 03:31:21 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 26, 2009, 03:24:59 PM

Also, am I not incorrect for suggesting that Robert Rubin would be, in comparison to the rest of the Clinton Administration, rather conservative?

Um... yes?  Or, no?  I'm not sure, to be honest.