News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Thread  ( 471,681 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
You know what? 

Vanna White is still hot. 
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on February 26, 2009, 03:43:42 PM
You know what? 

Vanna White is still hot. 

Pics, or it didn't happen.  PROVE IT!!!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 26, 2009, 03:06:31 PM
Quote from: MikeC on February 26, 2009, 02:51:54 PM
Hmmm if its mostly Bush's fault then shouldn't the Republicans have been the ones going "Nope, nothing wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" and trying to stop any attempt at regulating them? And shouldn't the Democrats been the ones questioning the viability of those companies back in 2003, instead of the other way around?

Plus if its mostly Bush's fault shouldn't most of the top executives of these companies be Republican, instead of mostly Democrat? You know to further promote the false image of greedy rich Republicans screwing over their company and Americans for a fat bonus instead of it being Democrats?

The only fault i can blame Bush for the F & F failure is that the Republicans didn't have enough seats in the House and Senate to force regulation on these companies.

Everyone wants to blame somebody. Well lets blame the last attempts to fix F & F and see who stood in the way and lets blame them. It is not entirely about who set the whole process in motion but on how early you could spot the problem and try and fix it. And the only answer that keeps coming out is Democrats stood in the way every step of the way in our last attempts to fix it. That is just good old American facts that can't be dismissed, poo pooed, or made to go away.

Here is a nice long list of Bush Administration attempts at reforming F & F, that none of you Bush haters will bother to ever look at. Its much easier to play the Bush blame game....

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html

I might be missing something but my view on Republicans has always been a little bit of a Liberterian-esque when it comes to regulating businesses and a little bit of "Let's see how it plays out" type of thing

I guess that's sort of the point.  Is MikeC saying that regulation is good or bad?  I would think his political philosophy would attest to deregualtion being good.  So, if F & F were deregulated, what difference does it make who did it, assuming one think that it was the right thing to do.  If it turned out badly, can one really blame the man responsible for the deregulation?  If it was Bush who had done it, should it be looked at any differently?

I will also suggest that on the list of the ten biggest reason why our economy is in the shitter, 8 of them are "Wall Street", and I frankly don't give two shits for whom they tended to vote.  Fuckers.  You too, Morph.  Ok, not Morph.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Fork on February 26, 2009, 03:24:59 PM
Quote from: morpheus on February 26, 2009, 03:22:17 PM
Quote from: Fork on February 26, 2009, 03:11:58 PM
Quote from: MikeC on February 26, 2009, 02:51:54 PM
Hmmm if its mostly Bush's fault then shouldn't the Republicans have been the ones going "Nope, nothing wrong with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac" and trying to stop any attempt at regulating them? And shouldn't the Democrats been the ones questioning the viability of those companies back in 2003, instead of the other way around?

Plus if its mostly Bush's fault shouldn't most of the top executives of these companies be Republican, instead of mostly Democrat? You know to further promote the false image of greedy rich Republicans screwing over their company and Americans for a fat bonus instead of it being Democrats?

The only fault i can blame Bush for the F & F failure is that the Republicans didn't have enough seats in the House and Senate to force regulation on these companies.

Everyone wants to blame somebody. Well lets blame the last attempts to fix F & F and see who stood in the way and lets blame them. It is not entirely about who set the whole process in motion but on how early you could spot the problem and try and fix it. And the only answer that keeps coming out is Democrats stood in the way every step of the way in our last attempts to fix it. That is just good old American facts that can't be dismissed, poo pooed, or made to go away.

Here is a nice long list of Bush Administration attempts at reforming F & F, that none of you Bush haters will bother to ever look at. Its much easier to play the Bush blame game....

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html

Everyone knows boardrooms at financial institutions are hotbeds of Liberalism.

My company's boardroom is.  (link is but one example)

Just because Bob Rubin worked for Clinton doesn't make Goldman Sachs lousy with Democrats. There's one in every crowd.
Jon Corzine...
I can name others
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: flannj on February 26, 2009, 03:51:33 PM
I can name others
Pics or it didn't happen.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #800 on: February 26, 2009, 05:59:10 PM »
Quote from: Jon on February 26, 2009, 04:18:21 PM
I can name others
That guy Fucker standing behind Yeti.
Pictured' and Oleg'd

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Atheist Communist Caliphate Made Flesh, Spread the Clusterfuck Around Th
« Reply #802 on: February 26, 2009, 06:33:21 PM »
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2009, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: flannj on February 26, 2009, 05:59:10 PM
I can name others
That guy Fucker standing behind Yeti this obese slob.

BMI'd

That is really a disgusting picture of my fat slobbering obese ass.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #803 on: February 26, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 26, 2009, 06:33:21 PM
I can name others

BMI'd

Your ass?

I'm pretty certain that's your face.

Kinda sad if even you can't tell the difference anymore.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #804 on: February 26, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »
I can name others
That guy Fucker standing behind Yeti.
Pictured' and Oleg'd

Same'd.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #805 on: February 27, 2009, 03:30:33 AM »
I can name others

BMI'd

Denial, thy name is Yeti.  And I should know.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #806 on: February 27, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2009, 06:43:25 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 26, 2009, 06:33:21 PM
I can name others

BMI'd

Your ass?

I'm pretty certain that's your face.

Kinda sad if even you can't tell the difference anymore.

He sat next to TDubbs in anatomy class.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Latest odds from FiveThirtyEight on the race to replace Rahm:

QuoteQuigley         2-1
Feigenholtz    5-2
Fritchey         5-1
Wheelan      12-1
Goeghegan   20-1
O'Connor      25-1

Works for me. Quigley has some solid reform credentials, although he'd be missed on the Cook County Board.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: RV on February 27, 2009, 11:24:53 AM

QuoteQuigley         2-1
Feigenholtz    5-2
Fritchey         5-1
Wheelan      12-1
Goeghegan   20-1
O'Connor      25-1

Works for me. Quigley has some solid reform credentials, although he'd be missed on the Cook County Board.

Am I the only one who remembers Quigley as the community activist for Citizens United for Baseball in the Sunshine (CUBS) in the early 80's?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: MAD on February 27, 2009, 11:26:43 AM
Quote from: RV on February 27, 2009, 11:24:53 AM

QuoteQuigley         2-1
Feigenholtz    5-2
Fritchey         5-1
Wheelan      12-1
Goeghegan   20-1
O'Connor      25-1

Am I the only one who remembers Quigley as the community activist for Citizens United for Baseball in the Sunshine (CUBS) in the early 80's?

I had my Oleg-tinted glasses on and read that as "communist activist."
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche