News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME  ( 81,187 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Activision announces Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2; It's BONERTIME
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
Only  5 months to go on this one, Pen

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 02:47:27 PM »
Well this looks to be quite awesome:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14280895/call-of-duty-6/videos/modern2_trl_multiplayer_72709.html

You can now customize your kill streak abilities just like any of your other loadouts.  The only new one they show is being the gunner of an AC130 above the battlefield after getting an 11 kill streak. There appears to be quite a few unlockable kill streaks.  BONERTIME.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 06:26:31 AM »
Yeti, you might be interested in this from Modern Warfare 2:  http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/101/1015604p1.html

One of the biggest games of this holiday season, Infinity Ward's follow-up to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, was shown off in a behind-closed-doors session at Gamescom 2009 this year, with a focus on the co-op special ops mode. From the main menu you get the option to dive into single player, multiplayer, and special ops modes, which according to Infinity Ward means that special ops is just as important a mode as the other two. It's a completely separate mode too, meaning it doesn't link with the others for unlocks or anything like that, and in it you've got the option to play split screen locally, solo, or online with a friend.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »
More awesomeness:  http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14281102/call-of-duty-6/videos/modern2_rewind.html

Edited to add:

It also appears that you can edit your kill streak perks; i.e., they don't have to be at 3, 5 and 7 kills anymore.  You have three kill streak perks you can set and at any kill streak benchmark.  Additionally, the kill streak bonus perks get increasingly advantageous as you set higher kill streak benchmarks.

So, for example, I can set kill streak benchmarks at 4, 8 and 11 (or 6, 7, and 8 or 2, 9, and 12, and so on), which have the risk/reward of being better kill streak perks as an opposing player who might have set his benchmarks at 2, 5 and 6.  Not a bad idea at all.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 01, 2009, 03:08:04 PM
More awesomeness:  http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14281102/call-of-duty-6/videos/modern2_rewind.html

Edited to add:

It also appears that you can edit your kill streak perks; i.e., they don't have to be at 3, 5 and 7 kills anymore.  You have three kill streak perks you can set and at any kill streak benchmark.  Additionally, the kill streak bonus perks get increasingly advantageous as you set higher kill streak benchmarks.

So, for example, I can set kill streak benchmarks at 4, 8 and 11 (or 6, 7, and 8 or 2, 9, and 12, and so on), which have the risk/reward of being better kill streak perks as an opposing player who might have set his benchmarks at 2, 5 and 6.  Not a bad idea at all.

Ahem...

DPD

Oh hell yes.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2009, 08:41:36 AM »
Sorry about the DRLP of epic proportions, Weebs.  But, in that video I posted, you can see (at the end, where the guy throws the knife) that the knife-throwing player has a SCAR equipped with a supressor AND a dot sight.  Multiple attachements...bonertime.  My guess is that it probably takes away your first perk, like the noob tube.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:08 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 02, 2009, 08:41:36 AM
Sorry about the DRLP of epic proportions, Weebs.  But, in that video I posted, you can see (at the end, where the guy throws the knife) that the knife-throwing player has a SCAR equipped with a supressor AND a dot sight.  Multiple attachements...bonertime.  My guess is that it probably takes away your first perk, like the noob tube.

And I think the video you meant to post is the one I just posted.  So much confusion.  But the point is, this game is going to be fucking awesome.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 06:31:06 AM »
VIDEOBONER:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14281102/vids_1.html

READINGBONER:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025233p1.html

MOREVIDEOBONER:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/modern-warfare-2/11043

WHYISMYMODERNWARFARE2BONERBIGGERTHANMYMARISAMILLERBONER?

I'm sure there are many more video boners out there, but these were the only ones I had time to post this morning.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on September 16, 2009, 06:31:06 AM
VIDEOBONER:

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/142/14281102/vids_1.html

READINGBONER:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/102/1025233p1.html

MOREVIDEOBONER:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/modern-warfare-2/11043

WHYISMYMODERNWARFARE2BONERBIGGERTHANMYMARISAMILLERBONER?

I'm sure there are many more video boners out there, but these were the only ones I had time to post this morning.

$400BONER!

http://kotaku.com/5360377/microsoft-releasing-250gb-xbox-360-for-modern-warfare-2-%5Bupdate%5D

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »
Some interesting stuff about the weapons that are supposedly added...

"Thumper" Grenade launcher - You don't like nood tubers? Get ready for guys running around with 12 shots of grenades to lob at you, or more, instead of 2 (or 4 if you have overkill).

I am an old veteran of the Socom series, it was just as hated as the 203 punks.

Auto Shotgun - Totally different from the one in COD now that gives you only 4 shots, i think it gives you 12 or more rounds. It will be considered a noob weapon from day one.

1887 Winchester - A good old western shotgun. I hope it punches holes through walls.

The weapons list doesn't seem to have the bolt action sniper rifles or claymores.

EOtech sight -
QuoteHolographic weapons sight provides an unobstructed wider field of view. Achieves an effectively infinite parallax free distance. No magnification

Thermal sight - Snipers in the grass can now be seen, throwing smoke doesn't help you anymore either. If its anything like Socom it will be the most common sight used by players.

Heartbeat Sensor - Pfftt what are we Colonial Marines now? But COD did have radar and red dots to show you where enemies are. I guess this is added to counter act UAV Jammer.

Laser module - In all the games i have played it says it adds accuracy but never acts like its real life counterpart. You should be able to see the laser in certain situations and it can give away your position. The laser should be easily seen in nightvision, much like in the single player missions in COD. Who knows if they can get that to work in Multiplayer.

Perks -

I like the one Death Perk, if your killed 4 straight times you get triple health for 10 seconds. You can counter UAV, activite a sentry gun, call in a predator strike, care package (drops in a random kill streak that can be picked up by anyone) and well if you can get 11 kills in a row you get command of a mighty AC 130 gunship.

I just hope they boot players after 3 team kills like i heard on COD:WAW.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2009, 06:10:40 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on September 30, 2009, 03:17:04 PM

"Thumper" Grenade launcher - You don't like nood tubers? Get ready for guys running around with 12 shots of grenades to lob at you, or more, instead of 2 (or 4 if you have overkill).

Auto Shotgun - Totally different from the one in COD now that gives you only 4 shots, i think it gives you 12 or more rounds. It will be considered a noob weapon from day one.

1887 Winchester - A good old western shotgun. I hope it punches holes through walls.

The weapons list doesn't seem to have the bolt action sniper rifles or claymores.

EOtech sight -
QuoteHolographic weapons sight provides an unobstructed wider field of view. Achieves an effectively infinite parallax free distance. No magnification

Thermal sight - Snipers in the grass can now be seen, throwing smoke doesn't help you anymore either. If its anything like Socom it will be the most common sight used by players.

Heartbeat Sensor - Pfftt what are we Colonial Marines now? But COD did have radar and red dots to show you where enemies are. I guess this is added to counter act UAV Jammer.

Laser module - In all the games i have played it says it adds accuracy but never acts like its real life counterpart. You should be able to see the laser in certain situations and it can give away your position. The laser should be easily seen in nightvision, much like in the single player missions in COD. Who knows if they can get that to work in Multiplayer.

Perks -

I like the one Death Perk, if your killed 4 straight times you get triple health for 10 seconds. You can counter UAV, activite a sentry gun, call in a predator strike, care package (drops in a random kill streak that can be picked up by anyone) and well if you can get 11 kills in a row you get command of a mighty AC 130 gunship.

I'll just add this, so it doesn't seem like I'm agreeing with anything that you have to say, I cannot wait for this game.  It will be amazing.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2009, 07:46:00 AM »
Quote from: MikeC on September 30, 2009, 03:17:04 PM

EOtech sight -

Perks -

Is this the automatic shotgun:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM-26_LSS  The XM-26 LSS (stand-alone auto shotgun) appeared in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and was the titsteaks.  I agree with Gil.  This game will rock dick.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 11:29:03 AM »
Anyone know of any benefits to preordering this game? I've found that you never seem to be in jeopardy of not getting a game if you don't preorder, so that's not what I'm looking for. Mainly just curious if there are any special deals to be had by preordering.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 07, 2009, 11:29:03 AM
Anyone know of any benefits to preordering this game? I've found that you never seem to be in jeopardy of not getting a game if you don't preorder, so that's not what I'm looking for. Mainly just curious if there are any special deals to be had by preordering.

Since this game will probably be the best seller of all time, you might want to preorder just so you will be guaranteed a copy on release day.  If you care that much.